Is Naruto worth reading?

• 80 results
Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I recently bought the first volume of the Naruto manga and I really liked it. It was a fun read that delivered some great character moments, fights, and dialouge. Now, what I want to know is whether or not I should continue the series. 60+ volumes is a bit of a daunting number, but it's one I'd be willing to commit to if the payoff is worth it. To those of you who regularly read or have read the series, is it worth the time and money that it would take to continue?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

If you liked the first volume, then absolutely it's worth continuing. Shippuden drops a bit in quality imo, but part 1 is fantastic.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

F%ck yes. Got me into manga as a whole. Part 1 is still a phenomenal read.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonez_

@the_stegman: I've never understood the Shippuden hate tbh. Sure they haven't really matched the quality of the Zabuza arc yet, but that Nagato stuff was really interesting. Shippuden is great.

As for OP, I'd just watch the anime without fillers if you're that far behind.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I'm so glad to hear a young comic reader like you say that.

MANGA IS DYING MY ARSE!!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@wolverine08: I'm so glad to hear a young comic reader like you say that.

MANGA IS DYING MY ARSE!!!!

#Mangaiswhereit'sat

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @jonez120: @the_stegman: Well, looks like I'm in! Glad to hear that it's such a good series. I'll probably pick up a few volumes on my next trip to the comic shop. Thanks for the help, guys, much appreciated.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

@jonez120 said:

@the_stegman: I've never understood the Shippuden hate tbh. Sure they haven't really matched the quality of the Zabuza arc yet, but that Nagato stuff was really interesting. Shippuden is great.

I don't hate Shippuden, but I do dislike them now pretty much ignoring most of the other characters that aren't Jinchuriki or Uchiha. Though Asuma's death was very well done. And I like the furthering of the Akatsuki and their goals.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, you have to continue, it only gets better. I don't want to spoil anything but expect a few twists along the road. And after part 1, things get really interesting, what you though isn't what it is. Part 2 is much more emotional in my opinion, characters that you get attached to die. Keep reading it, and watch the anime too. I would suggest looking for a "filler" episode list so that you don't have to watch that.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Naruto is actually pretty good. Shippuden was good, but has dipped a bit lately. I'd still suggest reading it!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEFINITELY continue it. Watch the anime too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

I don't hate Shippuden, but I do dislike them now pretty much ignoring most of the other characters that aren't Jinchuriki or Uchiha. Though Asuma's death was very well done. And I like the furthering of the Akatsuki and their goals.

Yeah, give more of the supporting characters showing out like Might Guy recently did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but get ready for a buttload of disappointment.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shipuden is but you gotta read naruto first

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and No....Yo.

Part one is awesome and the ending has you pumped for more. Then, part two begins, and honestly, it starts out pretty slow but quickly starts to pick up again. You have some great arcs and fights like Shikamaru and squad, Pain, and so on. But somewhere along the way, the manga lost itself and has honestly become like Bleach-Lite with the amount of random ass power-ups and sh!tty storytelling we are getting. Seriously, if I didn't have so much time invested in this manga I would have quit 100 chapters ago. For how good it was when it began, it's sad to say that it won't go out the way it came in.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

Yes and No....Yo.

Part one is awesome and the ending has you pumped for more. Then, part two begins, and honestly, it starts out pretty slow but quickly starts to pick up again. You have some great arcs and fights like Shikamaru and squad, Pain, and so on. But somewhere along the way, the manga lost itself and has honestly become like Bleach-Lite with the amount of random ass power-ups and sh!tty storytelling we are getting. Seriously, if I didn't have so much time invested in this manga I would have quit 100 chapters ago. For how good it was when it began, it's sad to say that it won't go out the way it came in.

To me, once the whole Pein arc was over, it went downhill, before that though, phew, those fights were gorgeous to watch in anime form and that's before Sasuke started getting cray cray with his morals and goals.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Yes and No....Yo.

To me, once the whole Pein arc was over, it went downhill, before that though, phew, those fights were gorgeous to watch in anime form and that's before Sasuke started getting cray cray with his morals and goals.

Oh man, I love the animation style that some of those fights had. Some people said it was too over-stylized, but I thought it fit perfectly. And the music? Damn its awesome. But yeah, it pretty much did go downhill after Pein

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By russellmania77

It never went down hill, people just start retarded rumars

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @jonez120: @the_stegman: Well, looks like I'm in! Glad to hear that it's such a good series. I'll probably pick up a few volumes on my next trip to the comic shop. Thanks for the help, guys, much appreciated.

It's all good man.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I sure think it is, still one of my favorite mangas/animes regardless of what anyone says

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, and I'd actually say Naruto only went down hill after the Kage summit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. That was the last time I remembered enjoying Naruto to death.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I would say the Shinobi War arc has gotten into the territory of just being big explosions and such, there have been some moments that I genuinely enjoyed.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Yep. That was the last time I remembered enjoying Naruto to death.

We all know the spefic moment that ruined the series for us...

So gay, even a gay man would chuckle.
So gay, even a gay man would chuckle.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolverine008
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: Don't fault a man for being in touch with his feelings!

Being intouch with your feeling is cool, but dude fainted. Fainting is right in b***** territory.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: Begging Raikage on his hands & knees was also a funny scene. I still don't understand why Kishi decided to start portraying Naruto that way.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@thatguywithheadphones: Begging Raikage on his hands & knees was also a funny scene. I still don't understand why Kishi decided to start portraying Naruto that way.

I swear Naruto was like in my top 20 before that scene, now...pfft homeboy would be lucky to be in the top 100

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: Naruto dropped out of my Top 20 after that scene where he was blushing because his "wind chakra magnified Sasuke's fire chakra". I was like "wat". So out of character. Of course that is his character nowadays.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@thatguywithheadphones: Naruto dropped out of my Top 20 after that scene where he was blushing because his "wind chakra magnified Sasuke's fire chakra". I was like "wat". So out of character. Of course that is his character nowadays.

He wasn't blushing because of the thought of magnifying Sasuke's chakra :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked Naruto at the beginning of things. He embodied the underdog nature well, and his fight with Neji is still a good read.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

I wouldn't mind Naruto's "relationship" if Kishi had you know...BUILD A F***ING relationship between them. Honestly Naruto and Killer Bee are better friends them him and Sasuke, and they known each other for like 3 days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

He wasn't blushing because of the thought of magnifying Sasuke's chakra :)

He was thinking about using that wind style to perform some blow-blow no jutsu on Sasuke. You know it's true.

No Caption Provided

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: @farkam: @wolverine08: Part that made me laugh was when recently Naruto said he couldn't beat Sasuke in a fight. That was before their Sage of Six Paths power up too. Does Naruto have like a serious inferiority complex or what?!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolverine008

@ostyo said:

@thatguywithheadphones: @farkam: @wolverine08: Part that made me laugh was when recently Naruto said he couldn't beat Sasuke in a fight. That was before their Sage of Six Paths power up too. Does Naruto have like a serious inferiority complex or what?!

N%gga is too humble. He should be the arrogant one all things considered.

#Staycocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@ostyo:

Sasuke is the one with the inferiority complex, Naruto is only feeding his over inflated ego.

Also...

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked Naruto at the beginning of things. He embodied the underdog nature well, and his fight with Neji is still a good read.

Plus he was one ballsy mofo. If Shippu-Naruto was anything like his old self he would have been up in Raikage's face not on his hands and knees sobbing like an underfed bottom b*tch.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

Plus he was one ballsy mofo. If Shippu-Naruto was anything like his old self he would have been up in Raikage's face not on his hands and knees sobbing like an underfed bottom b*tch.

Damn straight. He was an especially brave dude in his fight with Gaara .

I bet Shippu Naruto would have offered Raikage a blowjob if it came down to it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wolverine008

But on a plus side, the side characters like Kakashi(Best character in the whole damn manga, should have been Hokage instead of Tsunade) Might Guy, Killer Bee, etc. all remain awesome even with the somewhat limited panel time they get. Favorite parts of the manga for me.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Too true, would have loved seeing Naruto disrespect all the Kages and what not. Not Tsunade though, gotta give Gilfs respect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Well he was willing to literally let himself get beaten to death for Sasuke so I wouldn't be surprised...if this was a seinen/yaoi manga anyway.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@farkam: Too true, would have loved seeing Naruto disrespect all the Kages and what not. Not Tsunade though, gotta give Gilfs respect.

Never thought of it like that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But on a plus side, the side characters like Kakashi(Best character in the whole damn manga, should have been Hokage instead of Tsunade) Might Guy, Killer Bee, etc. all remain awesome even with the somewhat limited panel time they get. Favorite parts of the manga for me.

Having limited panel time is a hidden blessing in this series. It means your character has a less likely chance of being screwed over.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I don't think Kakashi was strong enough at the time Tsunade became Hokage. Now he could easily do the job, fighting tailed beasts and beating Tobi proved that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

As much as I hate Naruto's preachiness (even in Part 1) it would have been nice to see him give those old f*cktards a piece of his mind instead of being a sniveling weakling.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what we're saying OP is that Naruto is good, but very flawed manga with some problems you may find hard to overlook, but even now it still has a charm about. Because even though we're all bagging on it, most of us are gonna be the first one on the internet Wednesday waiting for a new chapter.