#1 Edited by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I was thinking about the new Scribblenauts Unmasked game coming out and while thinking about all that Maxwell could do, I started to wonder if he is possibly the most powerful character ever? I mean his notebook gives him limitless creation all by writing a word. If he went up against anything Super Man Prime One Million, Galactus, TOAA, The Presence, Darksied, Odin, or whatever else you throw at him, couldn't he just look at them and scribble down on his little notepad, then just remove any powers they have and kill them?

Watching some clips from Unmasked shows me that he can literally take parts from anyone and combine them with other parts, to make a super creature that he can summon at will, as his slave. He seems to have omnipotence from the notebook. Couldn't he just write the adjective God in his notebook and make himself a god?

I don't think anyone stands a chance against him. Think Flash can just take it from him in a blink of an eye? Maxwell makes Flash super slow and just literally stomps him while on the back if Cthulhu. Not to mention he can just summon those other characters as his slaves or just use an adjective to make him one.

Then he has a magic map which lets him teleport ANYWHERE so there is no escaping him no matter where you run. He has some kind of vision that allows him to see anyone so you can't hide from him. And not to mention that waste bin that he can dump anything into, even black holes without a problem.

But my question is just, is he the most powerful character ever?

#2 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. The flash or Superman could kill him before he even started to write something down

#3 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: I'm not sure if this is canon but Maxwell has that map that let's him travel anywhere. He could fast travel to the other side of the planet and while they run over to get him he writes the adjective "Dead" down on the notebook and kills them both.

#4 Posted by KingOfAsh (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. The flash or Superman could kill him before he even started to write something down

There's a level with Flash and Maxwell can write perfectly when everyone else is frozen. He can also make himself super fast.

#5 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: Oh yeah I forgot about that frozen writing thing.

#6 Posted by SheenLantern (6457 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I was thinking about the new Scribblenauts Unmasked game coming out and while thinking about all that Maxwell could do, I started to wonder if he is possibly the most powerful character ever? I mean his notebook gives him limitless creation all by writing a word. If he went up against anything Super Man Prime One Million, Galactus, TOAA, The Presence, Darksied, Odin, or whatever else you throw at him, couldn't he just look at them and scribble down on his little notepad, then just remove any powers they have and kill them?

I don't know who Maxwell is, but you clearly have no idea what omnipotence is.

#7 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Maxwell is the main character in the Scribblenauts series. And yes I'm pretty sure he is omnipotent.

#8 Posted by SheenLantern (6457 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock:

Well firstly, no. He's not omnipotent and secondly I was referring to The One Above All and The Presence.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224000 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxwell isn't even the Best Singer Ever... no way he could be the Most Powerful Ever.

#10 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Well starting off definitely no. But with a few words in the notebook he can make himself omnipotent. He just gives himself unlimited powers and abilities so he is unstoppable to anyone in his way.

#11 Posted by SheenLantern (6457 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: I'm watching gameplay footage of unmasked right now, the extent of his powers seem to be making rocks to put in holes.

Not exactly multiversal reality warping.

#12 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Watch some of scribblenauts unlimited. He is able to summon anything he wants all from his notepad, and able to make any adjective on anything. How can anyone beat him when he removes their powers by using adjectives and creating new powers for himself?

#13 Posted by SheenLantern (6457 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: How many times has Maxwell depowered multiversal beings?

#14 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: He hasn't been show to yet but it is easily in his capabilities of doing so. The magic notebook is well into taking down nearly anything you throw it against if not everything. In fact how does whatever multiversal being you are talking about going to do against hundreds of clones of itself all made by Maxwell?

#15 Posted by KingOfAsh (3573 posts) - - Show Bio
Here we see Maxwell making the Anti-Monitor his b***h

@sheenlantern:

#16 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

i played it. it is entertaining for 2-3 hours. then you exit the game and never play it again. so boring.

#17 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@turel_hash_ak_gik: The new Unmasked coming out looks like it will be the best one yet so maybe it will provide something.

#18 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not, he can only summon things like Mandrakk

#19 Posted by SheenLantern (6457 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: He hasn't been show to yet but it is easily in his capabilities of doing so.

These two statements contradict eachover.

#20 Edited by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: No in Maxwell's main story line the only threat is Lily being stuck under the presence of the starites. So there really is no evil. BUT in Unmasked Maxwell is going to fight his doppelgänger which has the same capabilities as him. So he may depower the Doppelgänger then which the Doppelgänger is sort of a reality warper too so...

#21 Posted by russellmania77 (14869 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer morningstar

#22 Posted by impossibilly (885 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxwell isn't even the Best Singer Ever... no way he could be the Most Powerful Ever.

As big of a fan I am of Urban Hang Suite and his MTV Unplugged, I have to concur. That said, Maxwell can definitely show his adversaries a little sumthin' sumthin'.

#23 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: you're not hearing me. i have played it. i have the game. i played it for 3-4 hours and never touched it again.

#24 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@turel_hash_ak_gik: Oh I thought you were talking about Unlimited or something like that. I'm looking forward to the game.

#25 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: the novelty wears off fast. plus there is no white lantern kyle rayner. ha! all dc character my behind!

#26 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@turel_hash_ak_gik: I'm kind of looking forward to fighting Doppelagnge, but most of all the character creation. That seems like that is the most rich part of the game since you could just make your own team. But I couldn't expect them to have EVERY Dc character. There like what, hundreds, thousands?

#27 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: I was looking forward to the character creation part quite a bit too but then I bought it for the 3DS and found out the hard way it wasn't included in the 3DS version.

#28 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: Shite! I was gonna get it on 3DS too! Can you at least customize Maxwell?

#29 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: You can give him superhero costumes but that's about it. I wrote a review of the game in my blog here on site. I was kinda disappointed that there is no hero editor for the 3DS version. I just beat the game to day actually (well beat being relative, sort of an unbeatable game).

#30 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10435 posts) - - Show Bio

I am the most powerful character.

#32 Edited by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: Crud, I was gonna get it in 3DS. I don't think it would be worth buying a whole wii U for one game so I guess I'll use 3DS.

Btw, what site is the review on?

#33 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

correct me if im wrong but for Maxwell to do something out of the ordinary he has to write it down in his book?

Does he have any powers without his pen/book? Reason i ask is if he doesnt have TP or some sort of spider sense wots stopping the likes of Martian Manhunter, Sue Storm or Prince of Orphans from tearing him apart if he doesnt know there there?

#34 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@turel_hash_ak_gik: I've enjoyed the game so far but I can see where some the majority of people wouldn't. I think I enjoy it because it's exactly what I expected, a gimmicky and casual game.

@laughingstock: I'm pretty sure there is a PC version of the game so that might be an option. I put the review on this site. It's in my blog under my profile.

#35 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: Not much a PC or Wii U gamer so thanks a ton for letting me know so I don't get my hopes crushed! Might go 3DS on this one.

#37 Posted by OreoAssassin (4663 posts) - - Show Bio

Question- When you write something on Maxwells notepad everything else freezes completely while you take your time and think about what to write. Would Maxwell have this too or is it just us playing the game lol serious question

#38 Posted by joewell (6290 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe. I have and beat unmasked and he has the whole Justice League asking for his help, has Mr. Mxy challenging him, and beat Joker, Zod, Ocean Master, Deathstroke, Lex, Harley and Poison Ivy, Dooploganger, and The Brainiac 5 ( Along with some I'm probably missing ) with "help" from there Counterparts. In Flash's level he rides on Flash's back while racing Zoom. The rest of the world is frozen and he can still write and win the race with Flash. He can also summon and create ( almost ) any DC character and make himself and others omnipotent or invincible.

#39 Posted by PowerHerc (82778 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#40 Posted by KingOfAsh (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, in the universe of Scribblenauts, their dad is the strongest. He gave them the notebook & the globe & turned Lily to stone. One can only imagine what kind of a being he is...

#41 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's the most powerful character ever, but he's certainly up there. Omnipotence is way out of his reach.

#42 Posted by KingOfAsh (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: What would you say is the strongest character he could beat?