#1 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
  Every year around this time the Madden Celebrations begin cause a new version of Madden comes out and it seems like the world goes crazy for Madden Football. But as of late, the game itself is really getting to be rather repetitive. I mean the Gameplay of Madden is great but it isnt that much different than last years version of Madden and it seems like we get all hyped up to by these Madden games these days and all we get is an Updated Roster and slight changes in the Ai and Gameplay. But my question to you is do you really feel that buying Madden 09 is worth the 40 or 50 bucks you will spend for it in the long run ? 
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Not for 40-50 bucks.

#3 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup

#4 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio

Its sooooooo worth it^  ^   on HD tv it looks so good.  and it can snow during online games!!!    ohhh and teams got more light bulb players and stuff

#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, according to the critics it is, but I can't tell ya since I don't play sports games :P

#6 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

I plan on renting it.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Okay... no one has really given a good reason yet to show Madden 09 is really worth 40 - 50 bucks. What does the new gameplay for Madden 09 have to offer than Madden 08 or 07 does not have ? 
#8 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Okay... no one has really given a good reason yet to show Madden 09 is really worth 40 - 50 bucks. What does the new gameplay for Madden 09 have to offer than Madden 08 or 07 does not have ? "
maybe the game isnt for you lol most serious madden fans are buy now ask later lol
#9 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

ehh
on the news it was like
OGM
BUY THIS
ITS THE BES ONE YET

lol
i got 04 still
and im happy with it XDD

#10 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
"Okay... no one has really given a good reason yet to show Madden 09 is really worth 40 - 50 bucks. What does the new gameplay for Madden 09 have to offer than Madden 08 or 07 does not have ? "
maybe the game isnt for you lol most serious madden fans are buy now ask later lol"
I have Madden 08. But my point is people are just buying the new versions and they are doing it out of spite and saying how great it is and it doesnt have many differences in it than the earlier version does...
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Sports games are lame now.

#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
maybe the game isnt for you lol most serious madden fans are buy now ask later lol"
I have Madden 08. But my point is people are just buying the new versions and they are doing it out of spite and saying how great it is and it doesnt have many differences in it than the earlier version does..."
Oy, cripes....

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169294

Read, be educated on the couple of features they chucked in there, decide afterwards.
#13 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Sports games are lame now."
I am starting to believe that. I used to go out and buy the new version of Madden, NBA 2Kwhatever like clockwork every year... but the new options on the games are just not worth what you actually pay for the game these days
#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:

Most of them got lame about four years ago.
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
I am starting to believe that. I used to go out and buy the new version of Madden, NBA 2Kwhatever like clockwork every year... but the new options on the games are just not worth what you actually pay for the game these days"
I can't ever find a reason to buy one right out the gate and by the time the price of the game is reasonable...the new one is on it's way out.
#16 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the gameplay isn't leaps and bounds ahead of last year, personally I don't care. Little things will be tweaked and there will be some new features I'm sure. Not to mention its 0'9. Devon Hester will be a beast as will Antonio Carmati. (of course you'll have to trade Farve to the Jets but ohwell). I'm not looking for Madden to reinvent the wheel. I'm looking for new player ratings and most of all the new Rookie Class. I cant wait to go deep with Mario Manningham. But thats just me.

If your a Madden fan (and can afford to drop $50bucks) I dont know why you wouldn't pick this up.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
I have Madden 08. But my point is people are just buying the new versions and they are doing it out of spite and saying how great it is and it doesnt have many differences in it than the earlier version does..."
Oy, cripes....

Read, be educated on the couple of features they chucked in there, decide afterwards."
I still dont see it being worth the 40 or 50 dollars... but thanks for the info link
#18 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"King Saturn said:
Oy, cripes....

Read, be educated on the couple of features they chucked in there, decide afterwards."
I still dont see it being worth the 40 or 50 dollars... but thanks for the info link"

I'm not trying to convince, just give you some info about the rewind thing and the feature where the game shows you what you did wrong and all that.
#19 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Maybe the gameplay isn't leaps and bounds ahead of last year, personally I don't care. Little things will be tweaked and there will be some new features I'm sure. Not to mention its 0'9. Devon Hester will be a beast as will Antonio Carmati. (of course you'll have to trade Farve to the Jets but ohwell). I'm not looking for Madden to reinvent the wheel. I'm looking for new player ratings and most of all the new Rookie Class. I cant wait to go deep with Mario Manningham. But thats just me.

If your a Madden fan (and can afford to drop $50bucks) I dont know why you wouldn't pick this up."
I LUV DEVON HESTER he is sooo freakin fast lol  ( im a big bears fan lol)    and i agree with what yoursaying
#20 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"Gambler said:
"Maybe the gameplay isn't leaps and bounds ahead of last year, personally I don't care. Little things will be tweaked and there will be some new features I'm sure. Not to mention its 0'9. Devon Hester will be a beast as will Antonio Carmati. (of course you'll have to trade Farve to the Jets but ohwell). I'm not looking for Madden to reinvent the wheel. I'm looking for new player ratings and most of all the new Rookie Class. I cant wait to go deep with Mario Manningham. But thats just me.

If your a Madden fan (and can afford to drop $50bucks) I dont know why you wouldn't pick this up."
I LUV DEVON HESTER he is sooo freakin fast lol  ( im a big bears fan lol)    and i agree with what yoursaying"
I'm not a Bears fan (Lions fan, feel my pain lmao) but Devon Hester is just one of those amazing players (I was a big Dion Sanders fan back in the day)
#21 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
I'm not a Bears fan (Lions fan, feel my pain lmao) but Devon Hester is just one of those amazing players (I was a big Dion Sanders fan back in the day)"

oh the lions ummmm how  unappealing^^ but to each his own i guess lol
#22 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hell no. We're winning the NFC North this year just wait. The Bears cant even decide if Kyle Orton is better then Rex Grossmen lmao

#23 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"PRIMAV3RA said:
"Gambler said:

I LUV DEVON HESTER he is sooo freakin fast lol  ( im a big bears fan lol)    and i agree with what yoursaying"
I'm not a Bears fan (Lions fan, feel my pain lmao) but Devon Hester is just one of those amazing players (I was a big Dion Sanders fan back in the day)"
bro devon hester was amazing in 08 if you was willing to put some time into him. like in manager mode if you gave him about 2 years he was unstoppable on the long pass or any other pass to say the least. plus not to mention how good adrian peterson will be in 09. im stoked about the new game and will probably buy it soon but for now im poor and will just have to live my life through other gamers that have it lol
#24 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Their talking about it right now on Around the Horn.

#25 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Their talking about it right now on Around the Horn."
<-----doesnt have cable so has no clue what that is

------------------->is starting to think he is a high tech amish
#26 Posted by Primrose (292 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Oh hell no. We're winning the NFC North this year just wait. The Bears cant even decide if Kyle Orton is better then Rex Grossmen lmao"

..........................OH HELL NO ITS BECAUSE THE LADY WHO OWNS THE TEAM TOLD THE COACH TO RESIGN HIM  they cant help it if a old lady finds Rex attractive............................and second of all maybe we dont have a sound quarter back but yet in still our defense would absolutely demolish yours 
#27 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
Primrose said:
"Gambler said:
"Oh hell no. We're winning the NFC North this year just wait. The Bears cant even decide if Kyle Orton is better then Rex Grossmen lmao"

..........................OH HELL NO ITS BECAUSE THE LADY WHO OWNS THE TEAM TOLD THE COACH TO RESIGN HIM  they cant help it if a old lady finds Rex attractive............................and second of all maybe we dont have a sound quarter back but yet in still our defense would absolutely demolish yours "
Our defense is soft....yes, but our offensive is set to tear some #@!% up this year. Just watch :P
#28 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
I hope the Jaguars can do the damn thing this year
#29 Posted by Primrose (292 posts) - - Show Bio

.......................We shall see about that if they tear up anything lmao i doubt it but who knows maybe they will get lucky and make me eat my words........................but i so doubt it ;P

#30 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I hope the Jaguars can do the damn thing this year"
That team is on the come up. Brice Drew came out of nowhere. They have the best two back tandem in the league. The Saints are close but Reggie aint livin up to the hype.
#31 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"King Saturn said:
"I hope the Jaguars can do the damn thing this year"
That team is on the come up. Brice Drew came out of nowhere. They have the best two back tandem in the league. The Saints are close but Reggie aint livin up to the hype."
Thats True
#32 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Seahawks are about to win it all.

#33 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Seahawks are about to win it all."
LOL

We Shall See
#34 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Whos better in the NFC outside of the Cowboys?

#35 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Whos better in the NFC outside of the Cowboys?"
New York Giants and maybe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
#36 Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just really excited about the fact that it gets harder as you get better...it adapts to your playing level...

@KS: Bucs? you think they're good?....there's the Vikes..they're gonna be a force this year..Peterson ftw! 
#37 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"I'm just really excited about the fact that it gets harder as you get better...it adapts to your playing level...
@KS: Bucs? you think they're good?....there's the Vikes..they're gonna be a force this year..Peterson ftw! 
"
Bucs won the NFC South last year... I dont know what they will do this year though
#38 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah cause NFC South was a joke last year...I think the Panthers'll take it this year tho...

who's the bucs qb anyway?
#39 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"yeah cause NFC South was a joke last year...I think the Panthers'll take it this year tho...
who's the bucs qb anyway?
"
Jeff Garcia I think...