• 55 results
#1 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Often in life people find themselves foolishly clung to someone who couldn't give 2 sh*ts about them, what makes this person cling on and attached even though they can see the other doesnt want them? Have you ever been in a situation where the person you liked didn't want you back or vice versa? How would you try to overcome it while the voice in your head repeatedly says "youre not in love, youre just a sucka for love!"

Begin....

#2 Posted by YoungJustice (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

TS;DR

#3 Posted by Strider92 (18044 posts) - - Show Bio

What you're describing there isn't really love its "wanting what you can't have". Generally love whether you believe its real or not is having the emotion reciprocated.

#4 Posted by Raiiyn (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

What you're describing there isn't really love its "wanting what you can't have". Generally love whether you believe its real or not is having the emotion reciprocated.

I don't think it's always reciprocated the same way you feel it. Love is caring for someone unconditionally and that takes different forms. It can be from children to parents or vice versa, or love between two people who want to spend their life together.

The truth is, just cause you love someone, they don't have to love you back the same way. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

#5 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raiiyn said:

@Strider92 said:

I don't think it's always reciprocated the same way you feel it. Love is caring for someone unconditionally and that takes different forms. It can be from children to parents or vice versa, or love between two people who want to spend their life together.

The truth is, just cause you love someone, they don't have to love you back the same way. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

Thats quite true there will never be a relationship where the 2 people love each other equally there is always one who loves the other more.
#6 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Love is real and in many forms. It just doesn't always work out the way you want it to :)

#7 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
Love is real and in many forms. It just doesn't always work out the way you want it to :)
Ye when you fall for a chick thats damn near a kleptomaniac just out to see how many dudes she can get open.
#8 Posted by Raiiyn (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@Aiden Cross said:
Ye when you fall for a chick thats damn near a kleptomaniac just out to see how many dudes she can get open.

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read. What about guys who just collect trophies for different days of the weeks or just want to get it in but the girl is hopelessly in love? BOTH genders and BOTH parties can be equally responsible for things not working out.

#9 Edited by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raiiyn said:

@IZZR said:

@Aiden Cross said:

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read. What about guys who just collect trophies for different days of the weeks or just want to get it in but the girl is hopelessly in love? BOTH genders and BOTH parties can be equally responsible for things not working out.

C'mon the statement is true you just said it yourself but i apologise i was talking from a mans perspective but yes its both ways but in this day and age girls do it more often, because girls are better at playing the role of innocence and even making you feel guilty for ever doubting them am i wrong?
#10 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, thats a ridiculous statement. Both sexes are equally guilty of it. It's about the person who does it, not about their gender.

#11 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
Dude, thats a ridiculous statement. Both sexes are equally guilty of it. It's about the person who does it, not about their gender.
I said theyre both guilty i just said my opinion is that girls do it more thats all im not saying because dudes do it less were better.
#12 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

And what do you base this off? Personal experience? because thats neither a good nor an objective guideline to base those judgements on. If you look at researches on the topics you'll see that cheating is quite equal for both men and women with men still edging out slightly. This means nothing however, because as i said before it's the person who does the dheating, not the gender.

#13 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
And what do you base this off? Personal experience? because thats neither a good nor an objective guideline to base those judgements on. If you look at researches on the topics you'll see that cheating is quite equal for both men and women with men still edging out slightly. This means nothing however, because as i said before it's the person who does the dheating, not the gender.
No not personal experience but being a university student you talk to a whole hell lot of people and thats besides also work and everyday life, im really not generalising, maybe where i live its different to where you live.
#14 Posted by Raiiyn (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@Raiiyn said:

@IZZR said:

@Aiden Cross said:

C'mon the statement is true you just said it yourself but i apologise i was talking from a mans prospective but yes its both ways but in this day and age girls do it more often, because girls are better at playing the role of innocence and even making you feel guilty for ever doubting them am i wrong?

Yes, you are. I said that love is not always equal. That does not mean that THAT is the reason relationships fail. Listen, you sound jaded and obviously this is personal for you. Men can be cruel and women can be cruel. That does not mean that all men or all women are cruel. Sometimes you get played, sometimes you play and sometimes you actually find something really good. That's life. And just because some people take love for granted, does not mean love is any less real. I think you misunderstood my statement. Let me clarify.

@Raiiyn said:

You can love someone who doesn't love you.

Love = caring about someone no matter what

There are variations of love.

Love doesn't mean the other person HAS to love you back.

^^^^^ These statements do not mean that you will always love someone more then they love you or vice versa. It is possible to love someone the exact same way they love you. Sometimes it doesn't work that way and sometimes it does. There are no set rules when it comes to love. Love is biggest grey area there is.

#15 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

"Love is for children" =p

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (26282 posts) - - Show Bio

Love like all emotion is a very real chemical reaction in your brain.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (32973 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure it's real. It's just hard to find.

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (59323 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

BB

#19 Posted by BumpyBoo (12626 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Loading Video...

BB

Tell me you didn't just go old school! :D QFT!

#20 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Real love is the willingness to give your life for another.

#21 Posted by Serinah_Pao (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Love is real... I have tons of it. Love and hope.

*Hugs everyone*

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (86141 posts) - - Show Bio

Aye, 'tis real.

#23 Posted by The Stegman (29535 posts) - - Show Bio

I love my mother...that's about it, and that's because we've been together..well, since I was born. I doubt I'd find love in a complete stranger, aka, a romantic relationship. Most humans annoy me as it is, I can't imagine spending copious amounts of time with one.

#24 Posted by superstay (11109 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR:

Yes d-_-b

#25 Posted by LONGTIME (924 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Serinah_Pao said:

Love is real... I have tons of it. Love and hope.

*Hugs everyone*

Bring it in shawty *({  })* lol

@PowerHerc said:

Aye, 'tis real.

Says the prince of power who only believes in lust lol

@The Stegman said:
I love my mother...that's about it, and that's because we've been together..well, since I was born. I doubt I'd find love in a complete stranger, aka, a romantic relationship. Most humans annoy me as it is, I can't imagine spending copious amounts of time with one.

Ye thats actually nice to hear these days people insult their parents for no reason, but on the other hand i find it disturbing that you are annoyed by most humans, you have to be tolerant, we all know most people are sheep but you have to have patience with everyone, time in seclusion is great but you have to be balanced otherwise you could really end up insane, at the end of the day everyone needs someone no matter who you are your natural instinct is to have someone you love (besides mother and father) Cha feel?
#27 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10191 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#28 Posted by PowerHerc (86141 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR:

Nay, friend, not just lust; Love & Lust!

#29 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@IZZR:

Nay, friend, not just lust; Love & Lust!

I stand corrected!, its good to hear people believe in love.
#30 Posted by terry2012 (7614 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes love is real.

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (26282 posts) - - Show Bio

Also depends on how you define Love if you're talking about that Hollywood "I'll forgive everything you ever do regardless of consequence and spend every day marveling at your flawed perfection" type love No that does not exist in real life. If your referring to a positive emotional connection with someone you enjoy being with then yes it does.

#32 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Love is real, but some people don't know how to use it, show it don't have it at all.

#33 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Aye, 'tis real.

Listen to this guy. Man's a god.

#34 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

What is it called when you like someone that you don't want to like?

#35 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Forbidden Fruit?

#36 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Forbidden Fruit?

That's something I can't have. I'm talking about liking someone I usually dislike greatly. (Don't know if this makes sense.)

#37 Posted by ComicMan24 (147494 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@IZZR said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Forbidden Fruit?

That's something I can't have. I'm talking about liking someone I usually dislike greatly. (Don't know if this makes sense.)

Imagine if you didn't dislike her ;p

#38 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@IZZR said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Forbidden Fruit?

I dont know...i guess theeres a thin line between love and hate and you my friend have crossed it lol

#39 Posted by lykopis (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Also depends on how you define Love if you're talking about that Hollywood "I'll forgive everything you ever do regardless of consequence and spend every day marveling at your flawed perfection" type love No that does not exist in real life. If your referring to a positive emotional connection with someone you enjoy being with then yes it does.

Plus its chemical. Many people mistake infatuation for love, many people project into another person and mistake what they feel for love and many people love the idea of love and so burn fast and sputter out. Long-lasting, spend your whole life with this person kind of love is possible and if you experience it, you'll know love.

#40 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@joshmightbe said:

Plus its chemical. Many people mistake infatuation for love, many people project into another person and mistake what they feel for love and many people love the idea of love and so burn fast and sputter out. Long-lasting, spend your whole life with this person kind of love is possible and if you experience it, you'll know love.

Thats very true.

#41 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (9598 posts) - - Show Bio

It has to be real, we know it can be faked.

#42 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

So how would you know if a girl is faking her love for you?

#43 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...
#44 Posted by MrDirector786 (43767 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Sure it's real. It's just hard to find.

#45 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (9598 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

So how would you know if a girl is faking her love for you?

There is no easy answer to that, but here's one I know. There are so many lies one person can support, without help.

#46 Posted by BumpyBoo (12626 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter what you say about chemicals, hormones or science. The fact of the matter is, I have had my heart ache just to look upon someone, felt my breath catch in my chest at the touch of their skin. I have laid down my life, been ridiculed and even beaten, just to be able to see them smile again. When you find that connection with someone, when you have someone who knows what every one of your smiles means, who will hold you in the darkest, bleakest moments and love you for all that you are, regardless of your mistakes...it is the most magical thing in the world. Mine is gone now, and there isn't a day that I don't wish I could feel that magic, if only for a second. True love exists. You get out what you put in. Give freely of yourself, with the right person, and your heart will know the sweetest of joys.

#47 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

I love So yeah... It's REAL...

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

Is love real? To some it might be. To me? I find it to be complete nonsense at this point. Mind you, this is just my stance based off of past experiences and hence has caused me to solidify like a rock, but I can't bear the thought of putting in so much effort when the person you'd be willing to give your life for can barely look at you or even try to consider what the repercussions of their actions might have. If you find something that resembles love and it makes you happy, then I can't help but congratulate you. But I'm not willing to go through any of it again.

But don't listen to me, I'm Deranged of course.

#50 Posted by icysloth (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, its a pipe dream