Yep
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By speedlgt

Now there are severl reports that Elite XC PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seth to not take kimbo to the ground and keep the fight standing.
There are also reports that Shamrock was being offered the same "bonus" if he were to keep the fight standing!

now this screams of FIX all over it and would clearly explain why the XC Vice Pres was SCREAMING in the corner when kimbo went down in flames. As the company had already saw to it that thier meal ticket was in a position to clearly "win"

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#113  Edited By Static Shock
speedlgt said:
"Now there are severl reports that Elite XC PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seth to not take kimbo to the ground and keep the fight standing.
There are also reports that Shamrock was being offered the same "bonus" if he were to keep the fight standing!

now this screams of FIX all over it and would clearly explain why the XC Vice Pres was SCREAMING in the corner when kimbo went down in flames. As the company had already saw to it that thier meal ticket was in a position to clearly "win""

I know Kimbo was offered a bonus just fight Seth, because he was originally supposed to fight Ken Shamrock.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By The_Ghostshell

This is what I've been saying since my first post. EliteX is a joke. They have no real fighters (minus Nick Diaz and a few others). They had or have no way to compete with the fame of the UFC. So they dug up a guy with a unique look, unique background, and internet fame, stuck him with a legendary fighter from the 80's and then marketed him as, "The Next Big Thing."

Could Kimbo be a great MMA fighter? I'd say no. He's a brawler (like others have stated). And I really doubt he cares how EliteX uses him as long as he gets paid.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By speedlgt

true he looked like he could care less that he got punked saying "its all good" yeah its all good when you get the check problem is that really should be his last one.

Elite should be brought up on charges this stuff needs to be hit HARD and fast to clean up the sport. Dana worked too hard to build MMA for these guys to just come and dump on it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116  Edited By The_Ghostshell
speedlgt said:
"true he looked like he could care less that he got punked saying "its all good" yeah its all good when you get the check problem is that really should be his last one.

Elite should be brought up on charges this stuff needs to be hit HARD and fast to clean up the sport. Dana worked too hard to build MMA for these guys to just come and dump on it."
Agreed
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Kimikirai
speedlgt said:
"true he looked like he could care less that he got punked saying "its all good" yeah its all good when you get the check problem is that really should be his last one.

Elite should be brought up on charges this stuff needs to be hit HARD and fast to clean up the sport. Dana worked too hard to build MMA for these guys to just come and dump on it."
EliteXC is going to die soon anyways. This Kimbo fiasco and the actions of the vice President are definitely detrimental to them becoming a legitimate competition to the UFC.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By King_Saturn
What do you guys think about Kimbo Slice vs Bob Sapp ?
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By speedlgt

I dont think people want to see that The way I see MMA is that once you have lost about 3 to 4 fights people dont want to see you any more. Or maybe that just the way the UFC has done things.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120  Edited By Static Shock
speedlgt said:
"I dont think people want to see that The way I see MMA is that once you have lost about 3 to 4 fights people dont want to see you any more. Or maybe that just the way the UFC has done things."

LOL.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#121  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I want to see Kimbo fight a real fighter....see how long he lasts this time...7 seconds? 6seconds? Put him up against Couture lol....itll be bloodyy

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Kimikirai
King Saturn said:
"What do you guys think about Kimbo Slice vs Bob Sapp ?
"
Thats one fucked up Kimbo.

Sapp has a good reach, size, power advantage over Slice. Believe it or not, Sapp can even throw highkicks.

Sapp by KO round 1.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Kimikirai

I don't even see how he was KO'd by that punch from Seth. Seth was on one leg and falling backwards. It was an arm punch with no weight behind it. Kimbo must have a really soft beard or something is fishy.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By speedlgt
Kimikirai said:
"I don't even see how he was KO'd by that punch from Seth. Seth was on one leg and falling backwards. It was an arm punch with no weight behind it. Kimbo must have a really soft beard or something is fishy."
ok dude he got hit on the button thats all there is to know plus the golves are super light thus weak looking punches are harder than they seem.
The only thing fishy is that they paid seth to stand so kimbo would have an advantage . ALso they paid shamrock to do the same thing. And the VP going NUTS at a guy loosing is really fishy.

If you have watched some of the biggest UFC fights at time you can see Danna clearly not happy that a guy lost but hes a pro and never goes nuts.  Dana has his boys like Chuck and Hughes and he doesnt want them to loose but I think that is more about booking fights  that will make money.  Chuck for example will sell big PPV numbers no matter who he fights. He just got KO'd in the worst way by Rashad Evans who wont sell a seat to save his life!  so look at his position Hes got a guy who hes knows is GOLD and guy whos gonna make zero cash but hey what ya do? he does whats best for the sport cause in the end no sport really means no money
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By King_Saturn
Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"

Sapp has a good reach, size, power advantage over Slice. Believe it or not, Sapp can even throw highkicks.

Sapp by KO round 1."
I have never seen Sapp use kicks before

lol
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Lantern Prime

Kimbo Slice to a nobody. He pretty much overrated.

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Kimikirai
speedlgt said:
"Kimikirai said:
"I don't even see how he was KO'd by that punch from Seth. Seth was on one leg and falling backwards. It was an arm punch with no weight behind it. Kimbo must have a really soft beard or something is fishy."
ok dude he got hit on the button thats all there is to know plus the golves are super light thus weak looking punches are harder than they seem.
The only thing fishy is that they paid seth to stand so kimbo would have an advantage . ALso they paid shamrock to do the same thing. And the VP going NUTS at a guy loosing is really fishy.

If you have watched some of the biggest UFC fights at time you can see Danna clearly not happy that a guy lost but hes a pro and never goes nuts.  Dana has his boys like Chuck and Hughes and he doesnt want them to loose but I think that is more about booking fights  that will make money.  Chuck for example will sell big PPV numbers no matter who he fights. He just got KO'd in the worst way by Rashad Evans who wont sell a seat to save his life!  so look at his position Hes got a guy who hes knows is GOLD and guy whos gonna make zero cash but hey what ya do? he does whats best for the sport cause in the end no sport really means no money"
I've been hit by 4 oz gloves many a times. I know how it feels.

Still, getting KO'd when someone is falling back on one leg really means one of three things:
  1. Kimbo has a glass jaw.
  2. The punch was extremely lucky.
  3. Something was fishy.
I'm really not leaning on "something fishy", but its just bizarre that someone would get KO'd by someone who is falling back on one leg. There is almost no power comming from that shot. The hook had no weight (no power) behind it at all. A pure arm shot.

And yeah. It is pretty obvious that they would incourage Ken and Seth to trade with Kimbo. EliteXC depended on Kimbo winning and drawing viewers. And EliteXC's neck was already on the butcher's board. The VP reacted like that because he knew it was over, and that EliteXC was done (which it is).

And Rashad is on his way to a shot. Its Lyoto who is getting held back.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Kimikirai
King Saturn said:
"Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"

Sapp by KO round 1."

lol
"
I'm going to try and find that gif of Sapp doing highkicks. It looks bizarre because his legs are so huge.
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By speedlgt
Kimikirai said:
"speedlgt said:
"Kimikirai said:

If you have watched some of the biggest UFC fights at time you can see Danna clearly not happy that a guy lost but hes a pro and never goes nuts.  Dana has his boys like Chuck and Hughes and he doesnt want them to loose but I think that is more about booking fights  that will make money.  Chuck for example will sell big PPV numbers no matter who he fights. He just got KO'd in the worst way by Rashad Evans who wont sell a seat to save his life!  so look at his position Hes got a guy who hes knows is GOLD and guy whos gonna make zero cash but hey what ya do? he does whats best for the sport cause in the end no sport really means no money"
I've been hit by 4 oz gloves many a times. I know how it feels.

Still, getting KO'd when someone is falling back on one leg really means one of three things:
  1. Kimbo has a glass jaw.
  2. The punch was extremely lucky.
  3. Something was fishy.
I'm really not leaning on "something fishy", but its just bizarre that someone would get KO'd by someone who is falling back on one leg. There is almost no power comming from that shot. The hook had no weight (no power) behind it at all. A pure arm shot.

And yeah. It is pretty obvious that they would incourage Ken and Seth to trade with Kimbo. EliteXC depended on Kimbo winning and drawing viewers. And EliteXC's neck was already on the butcher's board. The VP reacted like that because he knew it was over, and that EliteXC was done (which it is).

And Rashad is on his way to a shot. Its Lyoto who is getting held back."

Your right on that.....
I hate evans I would just fire him and send him WEC or something.  I cant wait for forest to kill him and he will.  Evans fought like a coward the whole fight with chuck and got one lucky (dam good though) punch.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By King_Saturn
Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"

Sapp by KO round 1."

lol
"
I'm going to try and find that gif of Sapp doing highkicks. It looks bizarre because his legs are so huge."
I always wanted to see Bob Sapp in the WWE... that dude was so huge he would make a hell of a wrestler

lol
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Kimikirai
King Saturn said:
"Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"

Sapp by KO round 1."

lol
"
I'm going to try and find that gif of Sapp doing highkicks. It looks bizarre because his legs are so huge."
I always wanted to see Bob Sapp in the WWE... that dude was so huge he would make a hell of a wrestler

lol
"
I think he would too. I saw some of his Japanese Prowrestling work. he has a lot of charisma and is quite a character. That ex-Sumo Akebono did WWE for awhile I believe. The one Sapp KO'd twice.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Andferne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKb1jeg-fgI&feature=related

I didn't post the actual video because of a few foul language spots from the audience.

Kimbo is a brawler all he can do is throw bombs, that's his entire game plan in every fight. Put in him a ring with anyone who can grapple or take the fight to the ground and he is in serious trouble. Anyone who can clench and throw knees and elbows will tear Kimbo apart.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#133  Edited By Korg

For people saying Seth's punch had nothing to it/it looked fishy, here he is knocking down Bob Sapp with a similar shot. He tears his arm up pretty badly afterwards, but still, there's obviously power in that right hand.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By King_Saturn
Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"Kimikirai said:
"King Saturn said:
"

Sapp by KO round 1."

lol
"

lol
"
I think he would too. I saw some of his Japanese Prowrestling work. he has a lot of charisma and is quite a character. That ex-Sumo Akebono did WWE for awhile I believe. The one Sapp KO'd twice."
I can see Bob Sapp kicking John Cena's ass all over the WWE Ring while he wins his first WWE Championship

lol