Is it true Bill Willingham is racist and supports Israel?

squad123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like Fable alot however I heard he did not like black people and supports Israel. Is this true? If so I am no longer going to buy Fables because I'm black and I do not want to support a racist and someone who thinks Isarael bombing Palestine is okay.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JakeN7

Supporting Israel is not equivalent to condoning their actions. I support the US because I'm an American, but that doesn't mean I think most of what we do is right. Quite the opposite, in fact. Now, some of that comes down to personal ideologies. But not all. Some actions taken by the US I have a fundamental problem with on a basic moral level.

Also, Willingham was born in Virgina. That's a state in the US, and the US helped with the creation of Israel. They're our staunch allies. Acting like he's a monster worthy of boycott because he has a viewpoint that falls very much in line with the expectation of your average US citizen is ridiculous.

My dad supports Israel, FFS.

And I won't touch the racism thing because I know nothing about any of that.

In any case, bait topic is bait and shame on me for replying. But, in case you really are in need of clarification, there you go.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I've never heard anything about Willingham hating black people. He does support Israel, however; in fact, if you've been reading Fables there's one issue where Bigby openly expresses his admiration for Israel to Geppetto, tells him how they're a tiny country surrounded by larger countries that hate them and want to destroy them, and compares that to Fabletown's own situation.

It's your money, you're free to do what you want with it, but it just seems silly to me. I'm not going to skip the Wonder Woman movie just because Gal Gadot is a former IDF soldier who supports her country's troops. It's not going to make the slightest difference either way.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

I've never heard of Willingham being racist but it can be something new, I guess. However, it this sound really strange for him to be a racist or admitting to be one. If he has done something of that manner he wouldve lost a lot of his fans and that isnt something he wants.

But if he is only supporting Israel I can't see why you wouldn't buy Fables. I mean, supporting Israel doesn't mean he supports them bombing Palestine. But it's your decision on what you are going to do and what your opinion on Willingham is.