Is it safe to get a Flu Vaccine Shot???

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fragneto

I'm curently recovering from the flu right now. Sometimes I feel regret that I didn't get my vaccine shot this year. But I have a reason. I watch this last year and it sort of scared me of having the same thing. So what's really in a flu shot anyway? Is it really safe for all people?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i think that video is a rare case of what could happen, chances are it won't happen to you, that being said, i refuse to get a shot, i've never had one in my entire life, and funny enough, i've never had the flu either

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By CATPANEXE

I saw that when it aired. One of the sadder things I viewed. My stepdad recently got a free ticket to the hospital courtesy of ye old flu shot.
I think where it stands currently is up in the air, but it's also more of taking one risk or another and which is the devil you don't know.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Fragneto:  

also, some say that the woman was lying 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

A neurologist called the whole thing a psychogenic disorder. It's pretty much in her head, I mean the next time someone saw her she was walking normally but then talking with an accent. Like wtf?

As for getting a flu shot you're injecting dead to half dead virus cells into your body so it forms anti-bodies so you become immune. My dad got a flu shot a week he's a bit sick from it but he's getting better. Do what you will, I see no reason to not get one if you get sick a lot, if you have a generally healthy immune system don't worry about it, I haven't gotten my flu shot in years because I only get sick like once a year.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Jotham

I'd ask whether it was safe not to get the flu vaccine. The 1918 pandemic killed from 50 to 100 million people - 3% to 6% of the entire population of Earth at the time. Contrast that with one girl who maybe can't walk very well.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CainPanell

as a man who has gotten multiple vaccines in his life i will say that anything you may feel anxious about is BULL$#!%