Is it possible for a guy to look good......

• 118 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

without a six pack? I may just be making this thread because of self esteem issues (my freidn always makes fun of me since he has a girlfriend and I don't so I must be ugly)  

Anyway, I work out a lot, and have been for 7-8 months, I've gotten definition on my body, but not a six pack, and you know TV, there always saying that you can't get women without a six pack and huge muscles and stuff.  

So....my question to the ladies of CV: Is it possible for a guy to look attractive without a six pack?  

Short rant about low self esteem is now over.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@primepower53 said:
without a six pack? I may just be making this thread because of self esteem issues (my freidn always makes fun of me since he has a girlfriend and I don't so I must be ugly)  

Anyway, I work out a lot, and have been for 7-8 months, I've gotten definition on my body, but not a six pack, and you know TV, there always saying that you can't get women without a six pack and huge muscles and stuff.  

So....my question to the ladies of CV: Is it possible for a guy to look attractive without a six pack?  

Short rant about low self esteem is now over.
Stab your friend in the face. 

As for the thread, I'm in the same boat, and in my experience; no.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Aiden Cross

Can a girl be attractive without large breasts, big butt, thin waist etc.? 

I'd say so, so why would it be different for a guy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know I'm not the only one!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt:

Wait, do you mean it doesn't matter, or that you can't look good without one?

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@primepower53: I mean, that in the eyes of the women I've known (in real life), you can't look good. But my self-esteem is as low as humanly possible, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah thanks to my friend I'm the same way. He's always making fun of me. We're friends and I know he's joking but sometimes it still gets to me.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Of course.

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By biggkeem89

Considering that probably about 90% of all men don't have 6 packs, and still find multitudes of mates, I would say that it doesn't matter. Your friend's a bit of a d!ck for saying that(and I know, because most are my friend's are d!cks). So, fix that self-esteem and pick yourself up

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

Of course. More than that, having the attitude where you think you need to, won't help much, unless your doing that on purpose. You know, the whole, self depreciation thing.  

Oh, and I'm not a lady, but most of my friends are ladies, and you don't need to be a lady to judge or observe what guys are considered good looking.  

This applies to lots of typical areas of self esteem people have. Height, looks, shoulder size, muscle definition. Complexion. etc  

If you want a six pack? Get one for you, and you'll probably get it. As opposed to getting it for others.  

Oh... and yeah, getting girlfriends is a personality thing. Looks can only get you so far, but then you have to open your mouth and yeah... lol 

Chin up boss. Plus TV is the most warped and skewered place in the world. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

You don't need a six pack to look good for women.  
I'm 35, far short of a six pack and have a super cute 23 year old girlffriend. 

Any woman that only goes for guys for their looks is a shallow human being.
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Being attractive is more confidence than actual appearance. You have to know that you look good. If you don't think that you look good, then why should anyone else? Girlfriends are overrated. You don't seem like you need one. You seem like you need to find yourself. Ignore your friend, get some self confidence and tell him that he is wrong. If you can't get self confidence then very few women will find you attractive. Regardless of whether or not you have a six pack.

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wise Son
@Aiden Cross said:
Can a girl be attractive without large breasts, big butt, thin waist etc.?  I'd say so, so why would it be different for a guy?
Bingo. 

My ex is beautiful and she doesn't have double D's. Far from it. I think it helps on a superficial level but doesn't really hurt when it comes down to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tips, guys!

BTW I just threw in the girlfriend thing as evidence of my low self esteem. I don't really feel like I need one anyways. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironically the guy who makes fun of me all the time is actually the guy that's there for me the most. He is actually currently helping me boost my self esteem. He's trying to teach me all the things you guys have said. He's basically my best freind, and worst enemy wrapped into one.
Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Yes, yes it is, don't believe everything tv and the movies tell you, its all a lie.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@primepower53: To put you at ease, I've known a lot of ugly men that have had girlfriends, so it's probably not your looks that are the problem. 
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By danhimself

that's a crock of sh!t.....it's your personality that gets you girls not your looks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only asked out, like, one person, though, so that might add to it. lol.....
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Vortex13
@primepower53 said:
Ironically the guy who makes fun of me all the time is actually the guy that's there for me the most. He is actually currently helping me boost my self esteem. He's trying to teach me all the things you guys have said. He's basically my best friend, and worst enemy wrapped into one.
Thats kind of me with my friends lol. I never tell then they suck just little jabs at them so the don't get too high and mighty, but I'm also usually the one they turn to if they have issues in life. I'm f##ked up beyond all recognition on a psychological sense yet they still turn to me for help lol. I don't have a girlfriend at the moment, nor do I wont one at the moment, and I am an ugly pudgy son of a b###h, yet besides that all of the girlfriend I've had have been good looking. It's about attitude and confidence plain and simple. However if you become an arrogant jerk you will turn off women with that as well. Depending on how old you are acting indifferent may be a turn on unfortunately, (that's predominately in middle-highschool). Real women know better thank Odin.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself
@aztek the lost said:

@danhimself said:

that's a crock of sh!t.....it's your personality that gets you girls not your looks

damn...but my bad looks were the most appealing asset I had...if it all comes down to my personality, that explains everything :(

you could always go the "dick with money" route
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JCJQLB

Well, in my opinion a guy is more attractive with a six pack but If he doesn't have it, I don't have any problem with that! x)

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By castleking

I had a female friend once tell me that my hard muscles were unappealing to her and that her husband which she loves is not hard bodied and she loves his soft beer belly.
She said that she rather  be with a guy who she can lay on and not feel like she was on a rock.

by the way i wasnt hitting on her, she worked at the office next to me and this is what ladies would talk about and they were comfortable enough to talk in front of me.
although that did make me question my athletic build since i had recently lost a girl to a short, fat, middled age, separated, prick guy but he had money so that might have bn it. >_>

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Hawk

Just an FYI 90% of the worlds population doesn't have a 6 pack. It take a very strict diet and exercise to that. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By castleking

pffffffff.. or just some damn good genetics and casual workout  >_>

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@castleking said:
I hate those people.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By castleking
@FadeToBlackBolt

i am those people. although, lately i havent bn working out and eating a lot of food but still semi athletic well above the average american and ppl in the world. >=)
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vortex13
@castleking said:
I have a gut, but I actually have a six pack. You can feel it through the fat lol. So I do have one it's just in the cooler lol. I get the best of both worlds I have muscular arms, and the cushyness of fat lol.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hawk
@castleking said:
Yeah....that usually catches up to them. 

I had a six pack until I was 24. Ate whatever I wanted and played basketball twice a week........ slowly but surely that went away.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By castleking
@Hawk

ha! i beat you i had a six pack at that time and well after but i guess it is more about lifestyle as well as genetics.
construction working, MA instructor and Military kept me in shape.

@Vortex13 said:

@castleking said:

I have a gut, but I actually have a six pack. You can feel it through the fat lol. So I do have one it's just in the cooler lol. I get the best of both worlds I have muscular arms, and the cushyness of fat lol.

you could be a bear if you wanted.  XP

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vortex13
@castleking: HAHAHAHA, the hilarious thing about that, my gay friend always calls me papa bear lol, and quite unfortunately that nickname has spread to many of my other friends to call me lol. I always called him twink lol. He always tries to get me to yield when we play a game where we graphically describe sexual things we want to do to each other (not really just in good fun) Sometimes I win sometimes he wins. It's really immature but we get laughs out of it lol.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Good thing I have both.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SC  Moderator
@god_spawn said:
Good thing I have both.

WOAH, I thought I was the only one at Comic Vine born with both male and female parts... I never considered telling people like you just did though... your bravery however and candid openness has inspired me to stake my foot into the ground and declare! That yes, I SC, have both sets of gender organs and I am okay with that!  

*stands tall* 
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@SC: -_- i meant looks and personality ....but at your post LOL.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SC  Moderator
@god_spawn:  Oh... oh yeah, psst, thats totally want I meant too! Uhm....  

Yeah....  

Honest... *cough* Just jokes everyone!! 

*nervous laughter* 
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@SC: Thou art forgiven
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@primepower53: dude, working out isn't going to give you a six pack. cardio and dieting my friend. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By castleking
@texasdeathmatch

*face palm*

working out could mean any of the various key muscle areas.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SC  Moderator

What you need my friend, is an Anthem. Something you can put in your ipod and that you sing over and over again, quietly or loudly, in private, or public. You have to make girls know, that ain't a stick man with six pieces of small sliced bread glued to your stomach, you need to let them know you are Bootylicious. Like you know, the Destiny's child song. Often guys with six packs have those gross veins and are no fun and they are always whining about calories and eating at certain times of the day, well %$& that %$* like a %&$* and start screaming the lyrics to Avenue D's Do I Look Like A Slut. I know that song was written by a girl, but hey, male empowerment, you can sing that song too! Is it possible for a guy to look good while shaking it like a salt shaker? I think its impossible for him NOT to. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch:

I work out my entire body, weights, cardio (not mutch) etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC:  

LMFAO!!!!

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By azza04

Exercising and working out can help low self-esteem and will also improve your overall health. Can be difficult to stick to the routines but more power to you if you can =D

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thor's hammmer

my friend who gets the most girls is the one with the least tone on his body and the smallest in terms of muscle.  

but 6 packs help I like to stay in shape.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By difficlus
@Aiden Cross said:

Can a girl be attractive without large breasts, big butt, thin waist etc.?  I'd say so, so why would it be different for a guy?

QFT 
Many girls want guys to be more confident, even a fugly guy can get a good looking girl if he's confident enough and has a good personality.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@primepower53 said:

@texasdeathmatch:

I work out my entire body, weights, cardio (not mutch) etc.

Yeah, I get that. Do more cardio then, weights will just pack on more muscle but stomach fat will never go away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch:  

Thank you for the tip! It is much appreciated! :D
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Aiden Cross:  

Can a girl be attractive without large breasts, big butt, thin waist etc.? 

I'd say so, so why would it be different for a guy?

i don't wanna say this without sounding mean..but guys tend to have lower standards, what i mean by that is even if a girl isn't "perfect" or "gorgeous" a man will probably try to hit on her regardless, that's just how men's minds work, women on the other hand tend to lean more toward perfection, whether it is physical, or financial wise, now not ALL women are like this, but from my experience most are
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have always been attracted to men with great senses of humour, I mean sure I will whistle at a good looking guy, but I would never date anyone just for their looks. Girls that do are not worth the time.