#1 Posted by TDSOTMFLTA94 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Me and the other band members in my band have talking, and we were originally thinking about ripping-off Puddle of Mudd. We now have been thinking about completely stealing the song structures from these bands’ classic hits.”

“You see, we want to be that band saves rock ‘n’ roll. We want to bring the genre out of its grave. We want to be the next Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or Nirvana. And to do that, we gotta be BIG. But to do that, we got to go HUGE.”

We feel if we steal these song structures, completely change the lyrics, and release and promote the hell out of them as singles, make big videos, we could be the biggest band in the world.

Here are the songs we want to rip-off:

1. With Or Without You – U2

2. Even Flow – Pearl Jam

3. All Star – Smash Mouth

4. Cherub Rock – The Smashing Pumpkins

5. Blurry – Nirvana

6. On a Plain – Nirvana

#2 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdsotmflta94: Don't think ripping off songs is right and if you're a professional band it can get you sued.

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be the Rob Liefeld of Rock and Roll......

#4 Posted by Pr0metheus (4989 posts) - - Show Bio

Please do and get sued.

I'd love for you too.

P.S

Your band isnt going to be big at all

#5 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

You can maybe take a little influence from some great songs. Analyse them and find out what you like about them, and write songs in a similar style. But just deliberately ripping things off is just lazy, wrong, and would probably get you sued.

#6 Edited by thedarkknight9283 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Troll harder.

#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

*police siren* TROLL ALERT. TROLL ALERT. *police siren*

#8 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

You should use Eastern song scales and structures. The western world isn't very familiar with it so the songs are almost always considered catchy.

#9 Edited by Bruxae (12671 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely you wont make it out of your mom's garage, and no one likes a rip-off. If you are gonna try then do it right.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

loltroll

#11 Posted by HeckTate (1108 posts) - - Show Bio

The only rule with regards to rock n roll is do not alter Beatles songs. If you cover a Beatles song and change it for any reason, I will find you and kill you.

#12 Edited by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

if you think that Smash Mouth is rock and roll then you've got problems

#13 Edited by thedarkknight9283 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Troll aside, you can rip off whoever you want, but I swear to God, if you even touch a Pink Floyd song, and change it in any way, even just change one little line, words will not describe what I will do to you when I find you.

#14 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're first thought after you formed a band was "Let's rip off other bands, and become famous!" you should just give up.

#15 Posted by opelfl9201 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (38996 posts) - - Show Bio

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

#17 Posted by Dabee (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to break it to you, but you're not gonna be the next Beatles... also I think you're trolling. Well done.