Is it okay to kill someone in act of defense..... ???

Avatar image for magneticshockwave
MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MagneticShockwave

Ok, I just read this http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/father-of-kidnapped-son-gets-revenge/641821/#9 posted by @Cort 

It brings up an important question, especially towards women and kids... 

If a Serial Killer Rapist pre-meditated kidnapping and enslaving a kid or woman OR MAN for sexual desires and empowerment and plans on killing them later, would the victim's moral value prevent them from saving themselves even if it meant killing your captor and soon-to-be killer? 

In another perspective, would it be moralistically wrong to protect yourself in this matter of pushing yourself into beast-mode and kill just to live? 
Would that NOT be justice if that victim kills his or her predator???????? 

Or would you deny justice served when the victim kills their predator???? 

I wonder this, because some people here say that when a predator dies, it is not justice.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Chaos Burn

Killing should always be a last resort.... but I know that if there was a guy putting my girlfriend or family in danger, I would try and kill them with my bare hands.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By Dracade102

There is never any justice that comes from killing. In some cases your just choosing the lesser of two evils... However it could/should be condoned if it is by the means of survival in an example like one of the ones listed above... But afterwards the near-victimized person should do the right thing and call for help and explain what happened instead of attempting to get away with murder... That's about as fair as it can be in the case of self defense like that...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well thing with morality I find is that it gets pretty easy the more simple things are and things get pretty simple when one can discern certainty. Like if I was the victim in the scenario, if I had opportunity to just injure the attacker, thats what I would prefer to do. If it was a friend? I'd want them to go for the sure fire way of getting themselves out of their safely - so I am applying discretion.  

Personally I am less competent in beast mode than I am in thinker mode. So I wouldn't have to push my self to that mode to increase my chances of survival. I thus do not want one small moment of justice (relatively) I want justice for all.  

So I am one who thinks when a predator dies, it is not justice, not true justice, not the type I strive for as a human. A type of justice sure, its just that predators aren't born, babies don't kill people, people experiencing life and other people who end up ignorant, selfish, mentally distressed or ill to certain levels, or trained to, etc etc  kill people. Some of those predators victims themselves before they were predators and so a cycle is created. So to me, to get justice, you need to think deep, and go deep and not just cover things with a band aid. 

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

There are many ways to avoid murder/death in a conflict. It shouldn't be someone's first option.

HughJass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HughJass

There are a lot of factors involved so there is no definitive answer, I haven't taken a law class in a few years so I can't recall them at the moment.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

When it comes down to kill or be killed than I don't think one can be morally wrong for fighting for life rather than accepting death.

I would say if the predator dies it is justice, but once the predator has been removed from society and is no longer a true threat to it's not justice to take his life then.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I believe it's ok to kill someone because they wrote a terrible comic, so self-defence is a pretty damn good reason in my book.

Avatar image for deactivated-1530978
deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the way I see it is this, and I think any sane person in a developed country can agree on this. the few justifiable reasons to kill are, self defense, protect your family or friends, or at war for your nation. the other reasons, I can't say because some will disagree with a thing called capital punishment.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE

Right with SC here. When your actually in a moment, when your then is now, especially when you untrained and this experience is not habitual, anything that was in notion immediately fades away and yourself as a person slides into an entirely different mode of being, one that's somewhat outside definitions. In retrospect that doesn't conclude right or wrong, but pretty much makes it moot either way.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By cyberninja

Yes I would and then sleep like a baby. 

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ARMIV2

In self-defense of yourself or others, yes.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

@MagneticShockwave: It would be quite alright to kill someone under the circumstances you state.

Avatar image for magneticshockwave
MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good points.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By RainEffect
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I believe it's ok to kill someone because they wrote a terrible comic, so self-defence is a pretty damn good reason in my book.
Bendis comes to mind?
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Shadow_Thief

If it's me or him, it's going to be him, morality and legality be damned.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Magian

Look if you run out of options and killing is the only option left, then yeah it is ok for me.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By nefarious

Yes.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By TheGoldenOne
If you have no other choice? Yeah. Is it good? No, but it's necessary.
Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#22  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

If it's a "you or them" situation, particularly in a time of war, then the choice is obvious.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssejllenrad

What if I'm doing the killing and he's making the self-defense? Is that ok? Nyehehehehe! Peace!