#1 Posted by TheHulk (831 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk was wondering. Is it OK to have liked Battleship? Hulk know it not a GOOD, high-quality film, sure, but Hulk enjoyed it. Hulk liked the action. Hulk was big fan of board game back in the day, so Hulk can understand why they take approach they did and add aliens.

Think about it. No one would pay to watch 2 hours of 2 kids bellowing out random letters and numbers. So, they do this instead. Hulk liked the movie, but Hulk didn't think it was "good".

Maybe had they not put it in same weekend as Hulk's Avengers movie and put in July, it would've earned more. The only thing Hulk wished was in the movie was a nod to the board game in the form of one of the characters saying, "You sunk my Battleship".

Plus, Hulk thought living metal wrecking balls with spikes were pretty cool. They smash good.

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4005 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard it's perfectly acceptable as decent 'sit down with a bucket of popcorn, turn off your brain, and enjoy it'. Given that you're the Hulk, and obviously not one of the smarter variety, the second should be easy for you, so of course it's a movie you enjoy.

#3 Edited by TheHulk (831 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

I've heard it's perfectly acceptable as decent 'sit down with a bucket of popcorn, turn off your brain, and enjoy it'. Given that you're the Hulk, and obviously not one of the smarter variety, the second should be easy for you, so of course it's a movie you enjoy.

Yeah. Hulk feel that same problem with Transformers movies. Hulk enjoy them, and a lot of people no like them (well, they thought first movie was good, but not the sequels), and Hulk don't understand why. It based off toyline and TV show and about giant robots that turn into cars and beat each other up. That's it. If you expecting something more, like the meaning of life, you not going to get it here.

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing wrong with likin' a good popcorn flick.

#5 Posted by TheHulk (831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Nothing wrong with likin' a good popcorn flick.

Agreed 100%

#6 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk said:

Hulk was wondering. Is it OK to have liked Battleship?

no.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...no matter how idiotic it is (not saying your's is. The film was okay for a Michael Bay style flick).

#8 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't see it, but if the line "You sunk my battleship!" wasn't yelled, stated, or at least uttered, then it was a failure of a movie.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#9 Posted by Samimista (20850 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would it be wrong to like it? We all may like things that are different due to taste but all that matters is that we enjoy what we're interested in.

#10 Posted by MrDirector786 (43616 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with liking it. I liked Michael Bay's Transformers movies even though most people didn't.

#11 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@TheHulk said:

no.

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

If you have to ask, you already know.

#14 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what else Hulk is insecure about.

#15 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ok to like a good popcorn movie. There's a big difference between a good movie and a good popcorn movie though.

I never saw it, but I think a lot of peoples problem with Battleship is they tried to shoehorn a unrelated movie script into the title of a board game for shameless marketing. Turned people off before they even saw the movie. Made me not even want to see it. Had it been some other name I might have looked at it differently. But, I dunno, that's just me.

#16 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@TheHulk said:

no.

what crom said

#17 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

You should win an award for the way this post was worded. Very Ricky Henderson like.

#19 Posted by TheHulk (831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

I didn't see it, but if the line "You sunk my battleship!" wasn't yelled, stated, or at least uttered, then it was a failure of a movie.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

LOL That funny.

#20 Posted by Pyrogram (41151 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by TheCannon (19041 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen it, but it's okay. Different people have different tastes. I like a film generally considered to be one of the worst of all time.

#22 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6475 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'know they actually made a movie tie-in version of the original game for this?

Kinda pointless?

#23 Posted by Bushwhacker_ (576 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (49892 posts) - - Show Bio

When Hulk plays Battleship, do Hulk's opponents yell, "you smashed my battleship!" 

Sorry, had to.

Staff
#25 Posted by Inverno (13315 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to rage toward this movie due to some stupid influence I had, but when I realize it was just a dumb action flick like any other, the hate is undeserving. To be honest, I be surprised if you waste your breath raging towards it.

#26 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose there isnt anything wrong to like Battleship. Opinions are free.

#27 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

No... No, it really isn't.... and yet....

I like the movie 'Starship Troopers' and I KNOW it's a horrible movie... and I still watch it on occasions... (sigh...hands head in shame...)

#28 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

Why would it be wrong to like it? We all may like things that are different due to taste but all that matters is that we enjoy what we're interested in.

Yup, I agree =)

#29 Posted by _Zombie_ (10461 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Liking things is illegal.

#30 Posted by roboadmiral (546 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the internet, sir. No one is allowed to like anything here. If you are on the internet everything is stupid, unoriginal, and overrated. Get with the program, Hulk.

#31 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18462 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk said:

@JonSmith said:

Yeah. Hulk feel that same problem with Transformers movies. Hulk enjoy them, and a lot of people no like them (well, they thought first movie was good, but not the sequels), and Hulk don't understand why. It based off toyline and TV show and about giant robots that turn into cars and beat each other up. That's it. If you expecting something more, like the meaning of life, you not going to get it here.

Reason I didn't like Transformers movies was because the Transformers weren't the focus of the movie.And it would of been nice to have actually had a decent plot.Not even really anything on the level of Beast Wars,Prime or the comics plots,just a decent one would of been nice.

#32 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

UNACCEPTABLE!

#33 Posted by TheHulk (831 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk also forgot to point out how people always complain that it based off board game. Newsflash: This not first time board game adapated into movie.

Remember the Clue movie?

#34 Posted by GhostofOnyx (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfectly acceptable

#35 Posted by ALFMutant (158 posts) - - Show Bio

There is two kinds of people towards this movie.

1. People who have enjoyed Battleship
  2. People who have self-respect

Seriously, it's time to live in a world where two beings can have different opinion.