Is It me?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By utotheg38

Or are marvel events getting more and more terrible?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

It seems to be true that Marvel events are in fact getting more and more terrible.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

According to sales numbers, yes, the whiny ass comicvine community is in the minority.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman  Online

I don't blame Marvel. People complain about AvX yet look at the sales.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheDude123

@HotSauceCommittee said:

According to sales numbers, yes, the whiny ass comicvine community is in the minority.

Do you mean "according to the sales number no"?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By utotheg38

@Dernman said:

LOL I borrowed mine from a friend. XD

Sempurna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sempurna

Is it me or is this thread pointing out what everyone on the forum figured out like 2 years ago?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By utotheg38

@Sempurna said:

Is it me or is this thread pointing out what everyone on the forum figured out like 2 years ago?

:(

Sempurna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sempurna
@utotheg38 said:

@Sempurna said:

:(

LOL. Marvel's events being whack started at Secret Invasion. That was in like '08.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@PowerHerc said:

It seems to be true that Marvel events are in fact getting more and more terrible.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Haven't read too many Marvel events lately, DC's New 52 has me busy, but I'm reading Avengers vs Xmen. And I am enjoying it.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Blood1991

AvX isnt horrible, but they dish out one like every three months so they don't feel like Marvel Universe shattering events just minor changes that they try to make look dramatic. Look at fear itself they went through all that trouble just to make Steve Rogers Captain America again.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By BatWatch

I don't follow Marvel, but I can say that too many crossovers suck. One major crossover every two years would be a good pace to set I think.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By utotheg38

@Blood1991 said:

AvX isnt horrible, but they dish out one like every three months so they don't feel like Marvel Universe shattering events just minor changes that they try to make look dramatic. Look at fear itself they went through all that trouble just to make Steve Rogers Captain America again.

It's a tad painful to read.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Yes, they're getting worse.

I blame the high sales on poor taste. Or kids. Or a combination thereof.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

AVX is dumbbbbbbb

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By jrock85

AvX is mindless rubbish.

Sempurna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sempurna
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

AVX is dumbbbbbbb

@jrock85 said:

AvX is mindless rubbish.

I bet you're both reading it faithfully.
jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jrock85

@Sempurna: Oh hell no! The last Marvel event I read was "Siege", and I'll never forgive myself for reading it.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Sempurna said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

AVX is dumbbbbbbb

@jrock85 said:

AvX is mindless rubbish.

I bet you're both reading it faithfully.

I don't know about faithfully, but yeah.. reading it. Sucks.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Dernman said:

I blame Marvel. I've been smart enough for my own budget purposes to just look through it at the shop and I'm glad I did. Friday by Rebecca Black is a terrible, terrible song but it has millions of hits on Youtube and downloads. That doesn't make it a good song. But then again it's my opinion on the subject. Matter of perspective and I only speak for myself yet know some people do agree with me. CV is a minority since we don't speak for everyone in the comic fandom.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Not necessarily..for what it's worth, and it's not worth much...AvX is slightly less horrible than Fear Itself..sooo there's some improvement.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@The Stegman said:

Not necessarily..for what it's worth, and it's not worth much...AvX is slightly less horrible than Fear Itself..sooo there's some improvement.

LOOPHOLE!!.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@god_spawn said:

@Dernman said:

I blame Marvel. I've been smart enough for my own budget purposes to just look through it at the shop and I'm glad I did. Friday by Rebecca Black is a terrible, terrible song but it has millions of hits on Youtube and downloads. That doesn't make it a good song. 

That doesn't make it a good song but that doesn't mean you should issue with Rebecca Black because you don't like it.It's not MARVEL's fault that the book sucks.The company isn't writing it, a team of writers are.They are not going to stop doing something that's making them money.
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Vance Astro said:

@god_spawn said:

@Dernman said:

I blame Marvel. I've been smart enough for my own budget purposes to just look through it at the shop and I'm glad I did. Friday by Rebecca Black is a terrible, terrible song but it has millions of hits on Youtube and downloads. That doesn't make it a good song.

That doesn't make it a good song but that doesn't mean you should issue with Rebecca Black because you don't like it.It's not MARVEL's fault that the book sucks.The company isn't writing it, a team of writers are.They are not going to stop doing something that's making them money.

Forks don't make people fat. Unhealthy food does.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dernman  Online
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro said:

@god_spawn said:

@Dernman said:

Maybe so but chop sticks limit your intake rate and allow for better eating habits.
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Dernman said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro said:

@god_spawn said:

@Dernman said:

Maybe so but chop sticks limit your intake rate and allow for better eating habits.

True, but that only applies to people with hands.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dernman  Online
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Dernman said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro said:

@god_spawn said:

@Dernman said:

Maybe so but chop sticks limit your intake rate and allow for better eating habits.

And this one girl I saw do some amazing things with her feet in a tv news documentary once.
jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jrock85

Issue #2 of AvX sold over 70,000 less copies than #1. I won't be surprised if it drops below a hundred thousand.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Dernman said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Dernman said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Vance Astro said:

@god_spawn said:

@Dernman said:

And this one girl I saw do some amazing things with her feet in a tv news documentary once.

I saw this same girl use a fork to eat her spaghetti. Chopsticks? Please.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Stormultt

AvX isn't as stomach turning as I thought it'd be but we'll see.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Vance Astro: I misread your post and you're right I shouldn't blame the company cause they aren't writing it. And whether I like it or not and it is terrible it is making money and there will always be haters whether something is good or bad and that goes for many businesses. I still don't see how people can keep buying it though.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34  Edited By SC  Moderator

To me, Marvel's just getting more cautious and safe. So as a consequence its events are getting more simplistic and accessible, which potentially means (and in this case I would assert) getting dumber and pandering to a lowest common denominator. Which in turn means that those savvy with the medium and characters are going to be disappointed and more critical. Then again the more savvy and well versed a fan is in things the more books he can apply this criticism to. Thats why I personally think all Marvel and DC and American books are dumb inherently stupid stories designed for pretentious hypocritical ignorant people like all of you. You criticize Marvel Event books, but eat up the garbage and raw fat that is Batman, X-Force, Justice League, X-Men, Green Lantern, and whatever. All that stuff is dumbed down as well but suggesting it starts to make over sensitive people upset and react emotionally like Hulk without a Tofurkey Sandwich. I only read comic books that are in Dutch or Braille. The words are written in special ink, that you must sing to, your vocal waves activating the ink allowing you to observe them. Each comic I read is hand crafted by gypsies who have their hands stoned to death ensuring that my version is a very limited edition. You people all read the manufactured paper equivalent of Paris Hilton. You can smell the STD's right off the page but you are all in denial. You all think Grant Morrison and Jonathan Hickman is deep? The author of my comics is a one eyed Indian guru who needs for translators just to use a bathroom. He's so deep when he passes wind it sounds like Barry White dry humping Darth Vader.    

**Edited so you all think I was being extra insulting but then spent some time in meditation and realized some of my words might be too difficult for simple minds to read** 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By Billy Batson

People are sheep.
BB

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By HolySerpent

I don't understand. People always complaining about marvel event or they're hating the direction the writers are taking there favorite charcters. Yet you continue to pay for it. Marvel and DC is a business and businesses only understand one thing: profit. Why in the hell would they stop making cross overs. If they are making large sums of money over it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't like the superman series right now, so I drop it....its that easy. On another note: I am dark skin and bald so I hate you "utotheg38" and I hate Jesus !

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By utotheg38

@HolySerpent said:

I don't understand. People always complaining about marvel event or they're hating the direction the writers are taking there favorite charcters. Yet you continue to pay for it. Marvel and DC is a business and businesses only understand one thing: profit. Why in the hell would they stop making cross overs. If they are making large sums of money over it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't like the superman series right now, so I drop it....its that easy. On another note: I am dark skin and bald so I hate you "utotheg38" and I hate Jesus !

Ha!

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Billy Batson: No...Sheep are people!

BlackLace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlackLace
@utotheg38: If the continuity of this thread is an indication, it seems to be you I am afraid.