Is it just me or is Biden destroying Ryan in the debate?

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xanni15

Ryan made it easy for him, not being able to answer any questions. I loved that Biden mocked him by laughing.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

I saw the first 20 minutes. It wasn't so much destroying as that Biden was 3 seconds away from blowing a gasket. Why is he acting so desperate? For crying out loud, I bet he stares at Obama everyday with hate for getting the presidency before him.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@Xanni15 said:

Ryan made it easy for him, not being able to answer any questions. I loved that Biden mocked him by laughing.

Lol same, though it was rude I couldn't help, but laugh along with him. Very few Democrats have his backbone, so I always listen closely to what Biden has to say.

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Biden's demeanor helped him. The constant smirking and laughing just made him look like a condescending douche the whole time, whereas Ryan's calm and collected attitude could have more appeal with swing voters. I disagree and agree with certain positions held by both, but Biden was being over aggressive - perhaps to make up for Obama's poor debate performance last week or he's just a dick in real life.

Anyway fact checkers show that both of them lied and misled people constantly in the debate.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HBKTimHBK

It didn't help, in fact he looked like an overconfident, rude man as Ryan condescendingly smiled at him..while not interrupting.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
Joe Biden did pretty good IMO... but I know all the conservatives will say how rude Biden was... and all the liberals will say how bad Biden destroyed Ryan... this politics sh!t is a joke. 
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By _Sojourn_

Biden did destroy him. Truthfully, I watched all the body language. And Ryan was clench jawed, and was swallowing harder and more than a hooker in a dark ally. He looked flushed and nervous at times.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nick_hero22

Biden took him to the wood shed

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both lied like hell, Biden was just more aggressive. But I don't consider acting pompous and snarky a "destroying" on Biden's part. It's just Biden being a dick. Anyway Biden's win will come out to nothing if Obama is just as bad in the next debate against Romney as he was in the first one.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By kuonphobos

If I were on the fence, Biden's disrespectful and tactless behavior would helped me make up my mind. The debate format was not conducive to communication and the moderator was totally powerless, although she did ask some very good questions.

Folks demand that Ryan give specifics then don't give him the time to do so. He seems more than willing. First off, I wouldn't want to watch paint dry or listen to economic minutia. But would if I could because it is important, but it certainly doesn't make for great television.

All this stuff is political American Idol.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

People said Romney was rude for interrupting the host and Obama, so I guess they made Biden more aggressive and rude against Paul Ryan.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nick_hero22

@Living_Monstrosity said:

Both lied like hell, Biden was just more aggressive. But I don't consider acting pompous and snarky a "destroying" on Biden's part. It's just Biden being a dick. Anyway Biden's win will come out to nothing if Obama is just as bad in the next debate against Romney as he was in the first one.

If you take a look at fact checkers Biden was much more honest compared to Ryan.

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

If you take a look at fact checkers Biden was much more honest compared to Ryan.

Depends on which fact checker you look at. Both lied and told half-truths throughout the entire debate.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kuonphobos

@nick_hero22 said:

Depends on which fact checker you look at. Both lied and told half-truths throughout the entire debate.

So true. Who watches the Watchmen!

TheMinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMinister

If the president were to die, I could see neither of them leading this country. Biden is an arrogant prick. Ryan is young and seems inexperienced, of course.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Biden> Existence

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Biden acted like he did tonight in the debate against Sarah Palin in 2008, I bet she would have started crying from his rudeness.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kuonphobos

I wish we could have a televised event (I realize it would no longer be a "debate") where the candy-dates were only able to state their position and not be allowed to deflect to a straw man version of the other's position. Then they could take turns dismantling the other's statements. Kinda like:

Candy-date A: "We believe blah, blah,blah..."

Candy-date B: "Here is why we believe that that will not work."

Candy-date A: "Here is my criticism of that/those responses"

etc

Instead we get:

Candy-ass A: "You said you would kill all the cross-eyed babies"

Candy-ass B : "Well the last time your party was in power it voted to have babies with hair lips be forced to blow air through kazoos which were rigged with wet reeds."

Candy-ass A: "Don't be ridiculous. You know that your policies would completely deprive schools of their ability to have music programs"

etc.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By daredevil21134

Biden was epic lol

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Grand Ninja

@kuonphobos said:

I wish we could have a televised event (I realize it would no longer be a "debate") where the candy-dates were only able to state their position and not be allowed to deflect to a straw man version of the other's position. Then they could take turns dismantling the other's statements. Kinda like:

Candy-date A: "We believe blah, blah,blah..."

Candy-date B: "Here is why we believe that that will not work."

Candy-date A: "Here is my criticism of that/those responses"

etc

Instead we get:

Candy-ass A: "You said you would kill all the cross-eyed babies"

Candy-ass B : "Well the last time your party was in power it voted to have babies with hair lips be forced to blow air through kazoos which were rigged with wet reeds."

Candy-ass A: "Don't be ridiculous. You know that your policies would completely deprive schools of their ability to have music programs"

etc.

I agree. the debates are gets off topic about people's preferences rather than the main issues at hand. Economy and border defense should be the number one issue, but instead, the candidates are talking about religion, gay rights, animal rights, race, what males want and what females want which then over shadows the real problems of today's living. Keep the personal preferences to the states to handle, not the Feds. In fact, the Presidentual debates use those trivial topics to gain votes, but they do like its the only thing to convince the people. Doing that will only separate the people up into categories and that's completely the opposite of the American way. Keep the people together through well-being and well living; Not person preferences.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By minigunman123

I thought Biden was a failure and an ass, and Ryan was pretty cool.

I'm pretty astonished at the ratio of liberals to conservatives on this site lol. I must be the minority here!

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By utotheg38

@nick_hero22 said:

LMAO

Thank You, People are so idiotic when they're being biased.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nick_hero22

@utotheg38 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

LMAO

Thank You, People are so idiotic when they're being biased.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2012/10/11/vice-presidential-debate-fact-check/1628435/

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By nefarious

It sure seems that way. 

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If by destroyed you mean acted like an asshole.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroying...no. They both did well for their base and that's all. Biden was more aggressive and had actual experience on just about every topic that was brought up, but whatever he gained from that he lost due to his bad body language, smirking, laughing, etc.... I don't think independent voters liked that. Ryan, while calm and collected, brought little specifics on what he or Romney would do. So...it was a draw.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By SuperTide

biden looked and acted like a buffoon.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, most people have their minds made up how these debates are going to go before they even watch them. So individual opinions about how they went are useless. The nation as a whole, (which actually means something) I saw two polls..One said Ryan won 49-44% one said Biden won 51-39%. Based on that scoring, I'd say Biden won, but it's not a woodshed by any means. In someone's mind it may have been a whooping one way or the other, but the reality is, it was basically a draw. FWIW: I'm not voting for either guy. I think Obama has been horrible, but have no faith Romney would be any better.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OmegaDynasty
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By willpayton

I wouldnt say Biden destroyed Ryan, but I think he decisively won the debate.

At one point Ryan was getting his butt kicked by the moderator... which was hilarious. That's pretty much how you know you lost a debate, when even at times the moderator is stomping you. =)

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By BatWatch

I believe that the debates have been accurate reflections of the candidates thus far. Beyond that, people see what they want to see. The only peoe whose opinions matter in these things is the independents. The rest are just rooting for their side.

Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers