Is Iroh Jr. Zuko's son or grandson?

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By jobiwankenobi

This question has come up several times. I like to think that Iroh Jr. is Zuko's son. The reason for people thinking that he is Zuko's grandson is because of a comment that he makes: "My grandfather would support the Avatar's instinct." or something to that effect. People hear this and think, "Why would Ozai support the Avatar's instinct?" If he was Zuko's son then Ozai would be his grandfather. Therefore he must be Zuko's grandson because then Zuko would be his grandfather and he would support the Avatar's instinct. Here's my reasoning for why he is actually Zuko's son. In the show, Zuko and Aang never really agreed on a whole lot. They disagreed all the way until the end of the show where Zuko thought that Aang should have killed Ozai. In my own opinion, I believe that Zuko would not be a good example of one to support an Avatar's instinct. But why would Ozai. Well, when Iroh Jr. refers to his grandfather, I don't think he's talking about Ozai. I believe he is talking about Iroh himself. Iroh would always support the Avatar. It makes sense because Iroh had always said Zuko was like a son to him and Zuko always said that Iroh was mor of a father to him than Ozai was. After the war, I think Iroh might have adopted Zuko or something similar. Zuko wouldn't want to be associated with Ozai anymore, and he would refer to Iroh as his father. That or people may have just come into the habit of thinking of Iroh as Zuko's father and not Ozai. Even if that's not the case. Iroh Jr. would probably never have been exposed to Ozai. He would have spent a lot of time with Iroh had he lived to meet him. Hence, Iroh Jr. would always have viewed Iroh as his grandfather and not Ozai. This is just what I think. There is no proof of this it is just something that occured to me.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skyfire

It was implied he's Zuko's grandson.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Skyfire said:

It was implied he's Zuko's grandson.

flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By flamingmuffin

zuko has a daughter who is the current firelord. she had iroh

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

@flamingmuffin said:

We don't know that. What we do know is that Iroh is damn too young to be Zuko's son.

flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flamingmuffin

@AtPhantom said:

@flamingmuffin said:

We don't know that. What we do know is that Iroh is damn too young to be Zuko's son.

we will know. LOK season 2, if not the series after "the search"