Is Hospin the next star of rapping?

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I changed my mind on Eminem. I like his music 10 YEARS AGO, but now 50-Cent is saying the same sh-t over and over, Eminem is getting a tad repititve, Lil-Wayne, etc. But Hospin says what he wants and means it, he openly disses rapers and his lyrics have meaning. Look him up if you don't know who he is but the dude has a pair of balls for sure.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Well, you'd need to define what "star" is first.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

Something new and original.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReVamp

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

Then what's to stop him from already being one? He's new for sure and he's original (which is subjective, but whatever), so that'd mean he already a star of rap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

Then what's to stop him from already being one? He's new for sure and he's original (which is subjective, but whatever), so that'd mean he already a star of rap.

Some shit to do with his record-labels, but his lyrics have meaning and are truthful. It's not like 50-Cent who rambles about killing people and guns, and Eminem was probably the best 10 years ago I just don't feel he's in his prime anymore.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

Some shit to do with his record-labels, but his lyrics have meaning and are truthful. It's not like 50-Cent who rambles about killing people and guns, and Eminem was probably the best 10 years ago I just don't feel he's in his prime anymore.

I think you're missing to do with the point I'm making. I'm saying that by your definition he's already the star of Rap. However by mentioning Record Labels you're also saying that a star needs to be able to sell units/have world-wide recognition (or something along those lines, I'm speculating of course) which thereby alters the original definition you gave me.

The point I'm trying to make here is that really, being the "star" of rap is something which is subjective and that you can recognize him as the star of rap right now and there's not much problem. If you're asking whether Hopsin will be the next big thing in rap, like Eminem, Wayne and Jay before him, then the answer (my answer, that is) will be no, because I do not see Hopsin ever being with a popularity up there with those guys. Now I'm basing this off his content and his personality (with the underlying assumption he won't sellout), but then again old Eminem talked about killing Kim every other song and the most "disgusting things evar" and was still incredibly popular (though he did have race to help him, but lets not turn it into that last thread which was a total debauchery).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

I think you're missing to do with the point I'm making. I'm saying that by your definition he's already the star of Rap. However by mentioning Record Labels you're also saying that a star needs to be able to sell units/have world-wide recognition (or something along those lines, I'm speculating of course) which thereby alters the original definition you gave me.

The point I'm trying to make here is that really, being the "star" of rap is something which is subjective and that you can recognize him as the star of rap right now and there's not much problem. If you're asking whether Hopsin will be the next big thing in rap, like Eminem, Wayne and Jay before him, then the answer (my answer, that is) will be no, because I do not see Hopsin ever being with a popularity up there with those guys. Now I'm basing this off his content and his personality (with the underlying assumption he won't sellout), but then again old Eminem talked about killing Kim every other song and the most "disgusting things evar" and was still incredibly popular (though he did have race to help him, but lets not turn it into that last thread which was a total debauchery).

Ok but I wish Hopsin was bigger because rap is dying IMO.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

That's absolute bull. Just two weeks ago two fcking dope albums dropped. Vinnie Paz and K Dot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

@comicdude23 said:

@ReVamp said:

That's absolute bull. Just two weeks ago two fcking dope albums dropped. Vinnie Paz and K Dot.

I disagree I respect your opinion but I can't get enough of this guy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched 8-Mile and can't believe how awesome Eminem used to be.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@comicdude23: Hopsin sounds like he stole his rap style from Eminem's. I won't lie he's good but man, he just sounds like he added his own flavor to eminem's format of rap ...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@CozyDaPrynce:

He seems a little... less angry than Eminem comes across.

That said, he's not bad. Though he almost had a Niki Minaj kinda tone in the song I just heard of his ("Ill Mind of Hospin 5")... yeah that's not a good thing...