Edited 1 year, 3 days ago

Poll: Is Game of Thrones worth it? (54 votes)

Yeah.... 26%
Hell no! 19%
Why the hell haven't you started watching it yet?!?!? 56%

My friends are constantly nagging me to start watching it and as some of my closer friends here would know... I don't have much time on my hands anymore.

Please sincerely answer if this show is worth watching and factor in that this said person already doesn't have much time on their hands.

#51 Posted by Darling_Luna (8187 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by Wolverine08 (47859 posts) - - Show Bio

Sex, lots of sex.

#54 Edited by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio
@jaken7 said:

@overlordargeist: That dragon is nowhere near as big! Do you see how tiny Aegon is on the back of Balerion the Black Dread there?

Mass does not equal power at times.

But in the case of dragons, it does.

He had sexy black fire, had wingspans so large it covered entire towns, he and his 2 dragon brothers killed over 4,000 men, and he was the leading force behind the conquering of a continent.

Invalid argument is invalid.

Check out that tooth next to Arya. And this is the TV show. He's bigger in the books. That picture above is canon as certified by George R.R. Martin, and is a more accurate depiction of his size.

#55 Edited by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Darling_Luna (8187 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Griping drama, like what you get inGoT

instead of caffeine pills I'm sure it's something like troll dust heheeh

#57 Posted by OverLordArhas (7935 posts) - - Show Bio

Sex, lots of sex.

Are you pulling my leg?

*Getting ready to Torrent*

#58 Edited by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@darling_luna said:

Seriously? That's gripping drama!? You don't know anything about Game of Thrones.

Again, it isn't high fantasy. At all. You don't know anything about Game of Thrones. Magical elements aren't introduced until season 2 or 3, and even then it's kind of ambiguous. White Walkers, some light magic and dragons are the only fantastical element besides 1 giant we saw in season 3. There's also visions and wargs, but that's pretty light stuff. It's political fantasy. Not elves and trolls and stuff.

#59 Posted by Darling_Luna (8187 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: First you repeated a sentence hehe. second, sounds even worse, at least trolls would have help.

#60 Posted by The Stegman (28568 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's fantastic.

#61 Posted by The Stegman (28568 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@darling_luna said:

Seriously? That's gripping drama!? You don't know anything about Game of Thrones.

Again, it isn't high fantasy. At all. You don't know anything about Game of Thrones. Magical elements aren't introduced until season 2 or 3, and even then it's kind of ambiguous. White Walkers, some light magic and dragons are the only fantastical element besides 1 giant we saw in season 3. There's also visions and wargs, but that's pretty light stuff. It's political fantasy. Not elves and trolls and stuff.

Well, if you wanna get TECHNICAL, it is high fantasy, since it takes place in a world that's not our own. But I know what you mean, it's not like Lotr where you have trolls and hobbits running around. It's about as grounded as a fantasy can be.

#62 Edited by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: First you repeated a sentence hehe. second, sounds even worse, at least trolls would have help.

I know, it was my point. Wait what? Help with what?

#63 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@darling_luna said:

Well, if you wanna get TECHNICAL, it is high fantasy, since it takes place in a world that's not our own. But I know what you mean, it's not like Lotr where you have trolls and hobbits running around. It's about as grounded as a fantasy can be.

*scratches head*

Is that the definition of high fantasy? Hmm...didn't know.

Anyways, yeah. You got it! ^_^

#64 Posted by Darling_Luna (8187 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Trolls are better the politics ^-^

I don't want to watch it, never will sorry *high fives*

#65 Posted by OverLordArhas (7935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:
@overlordargeist said:
@jaken7 said:

@overlordargeist: That dragon is nowhere near as big! Do you see how tiny Aegon is on the back of Balerion the Black Dread there?

Mass does not equal power at times.

But in the case of dragons, it does.

He had sexy black fire, had wingspans so large it covered entire towns, he and his 2 dragon brothers killed over 4,000 men, and he was the leading force behind the conquering of a continent.

Invalid argument is invalid.

Check out that tooth next to Arya. And this is the TV show. He's bigger in the books. That picture above is canon as certified by George R.R. Martin, and is a more accurate depiction of his size.

4000 Men. Meh! With its size yes. But it is so massive that it will have a hard time maneuvering and any Frost Brood could pick him off the sky little by little with its frost breath.

And your dragon is up against an undead one.

#66 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (14269 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't plan on watching it anytime soon.

#67 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordargeist: Balerion still wins. ;p

@jaken7: Trolls are better the politics ^-^

I don't want to watch it, never will sorry *high fives*

That's fine. You just have no right to talk sh*t about it. *high fives*

#68 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (14269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

if you like boobs

And swords.

Lovely, lovely swords.

And according to South Park, wieners

#69 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

I await your reasoning...

#70 Posted by Darling_Luna (8187 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Do 2 free speech ^-^

*flies away*

it fun to mess with fan boys

#71 Edited by OverLordArhas (7935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

Haha! You did not not convert her to your GoT Cult. ;p

Frost Wyrm can pierce through him and eat his heart.

#72 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

*flies away*

*spews garbage about Kamen Rider*

@jaken7:

Wasn't trying.

That sounds speculative and dumb. ;P

#73 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (14269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@thehipkid said:

I await your reasoning...

I rarely watch movies that take place in times hundreds of years ago but to watch a show where they all speak in olden ways would get on my nerves. A movie sure but not a series.

#74 Posted by OverLordArhas (7935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@darling_luna said:

*flies away*

*spews garbage about Kamen Rider*

@overlordargeist said:

@jaken7:

Wasn't trying.

That sounds speculative and dumb. ;P

FANBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;p

Kamen Rider especially Black do not deserve your crap! ;p

#75 Posted by Night Thrasher (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

S/N The trolling in this thread was EPIC!!!!!!

#76 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehipkid: That's fine, but they speak normally.

#77 Edited by lesterlawton (1048 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the show that Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead want to be when they grow up.

#78 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (14269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@thehipkid: That's fine, but they speak normally.

The only thing that makes me kinda wanna watch it is Dinklage, ever since that show the dude has be revered so kinda wanna know why but the premise of the show doesn't really interest me so maybe someday in the future Ill watch it

#79 Posted by JediXMan (32187 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the show that Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead want to be when they grow up.

It's way better than TWD.

#80 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehipkid: Just for curiosities sake, what do you believe the premise to be?

But yeah, if that kind of stuff doesn't interest you than you're fine. Although I think it would surprise if you watch it. Especially since you've got low expectations going in.

#81 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@lesterlawton: Breaking Bad is pretty close to it honestly. I have a hard time deciding between the two.

#82 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (14269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@thehipkid: Just for curiosities sake, what do you believe the premise to be?

But yeah, if that kind of stuff doesn't interest you than you're fine. Although I think it would surprise if you watch it. Especially since you've got low expectations going in.

If South Park is any indication a lot of betrayal and the promise of something to come but keeps on not happening.... and wieners.

Honestly, a lot of Drama (too much). Almost like a soap opera. I'll check out the first episode right now and see what the deal is.... I will hold you accountable if it sucks though.

#83 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehipkid: More like political plot twists, dynamic characters, gory action, graphic sex scenes, boobs, boobs, boobs, a dick per season, boobs, more boobs, and an engaging plot. It delivers way more than you'd expect, that joke is probably in reference to Dany never making it to Westeros even in the 5th book.

Hah! Ok, that's fine. It only increases in quality exponentially, but the first episode is still great.

#84 Edited by OverLordArhas (7935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@thehipkid: More like political plot twists, dynamic characters, gory action, graphic sex scenes, boobs, boobs, boobs, a dick per season, boobs, more boobs, and an engaging plot. It delivers way more than you'd expect, that joke is probably in reference to Dany never making it to Westeros even in the 5th book.

Hah! Ok, that's fine. It only increases in quality exponentially, but the first episode is still great.

The Boobs sold me. ;p

#85 Posted by Night Thrasher (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a political drama more than a fantasy epic. The whole premise of the series is that the king died and people are vying for the vacated throne. Everyone has at least semi-legitimate claims to the throne. So, you could take the fantasy elements of it out and it would still hold up the same IMO.

#86 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordargeist: You'll stay for more than just the boobs. But you will get more sexy surprises on the way. ;)

You like the idea of a pimp telling two of his girls to practice pleasing the clients on each other?

#87 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: Hah! Your comment proves that even the audience is starting to forget the real threat from beyond The Wall.

#88 Posted by OverLordArhas (7935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@overlordargeist: You'll stay for more than just the boobs. But you will get more sexy surprises on the way. ;)

You like the idea of a pimp telling two of his girls to practice pleasing the clients on each other?

Ohhhhh.....Tell me more before @ostyo come and call me a pervert.

#89 Posted by pinecone (852 posts) - - Show Bio
@jaken7 said:

All this plus this is probably the best looking tv show out there(except when it doesn't want to be pretty).You can practically see the money bleeding out each scene with amazing locations,great costumes and props,amazing special effects when they are needed and a cast that is unrivaled on tv with it's sheer number and talent.6 million dollars per episodes make for a sexy and lovely looking show.

#90 Posted by JetiiMitra (9237 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a political drama more than a fantasy epic. The whole premise of the series is that the king died and people are vying for the vacated throne. Everyone has at least semi-legitimate claims to the throne. So, you could take the fantasy elements of it out and it would still hold up the same IMO.

Well it's based heavily on the War of the Roses, from what I've read, so that would probably be why. But like JakeN7 said there is still "the real threat from beyond The Wall."

#91 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by Night Thrasher (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

Well it's based heavily on the War of the Roses, from what I've read, so that would probably be why. But like JakeN7 said there is still "the real threat from beyond The Wall."

@jaken7 said:

@night_thrasher: Hah! Your comment proves that even the audience is starting to forget the real threat from beyond The Wall.

The "threat from beyond The Wall" is a subplot in the series. The main plot is the battle for the throne. I haven't watched any of Season 4 yet, because I no longer have HBO, but I'm sure it will be addressed soon. But the main draw so far has been the battle between the factions.

#93 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitrageist: Yeah and Dany's story would be much different if it wasn't for her dragons (she'd most likely be dead). So would Bran's. Stannis' as well. Oh and Berric Dondarion, Thoros of Myr, and the rest of the Brotherhood Without Banners. The fantasy elements are becoming more and more entwined with the plot.

#94 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: It's the overarching big threat of the entire series. Forgetting about it is part of the plot. All the internal strifes makes Westeros much more vulnerable to the White Walkers. White Walkers were the first thing we saw in the first episode. They've always been the main point of the story.

#95 Posted by The Stegman (28568 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Breaking Bad is better than GoT imo. Much better.

#96 Posted by JetiiMitra (9237 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@mitrageist: Yeah and Dany's story would be much different if it wasn't for her dragons (she'd most likely be dead). So would Bran's. Stannis' as well. Oh and Berric Dondarion, Thoros of Myr, and the rest of the Brotherhood Without Banners. The fantasy elements are becoming more and more entwined with the plot.

Yes! And I love it, because it really is handled well. The show is growing into it rather than hitting the audience with it to begin with, and that makes for a nice change.

#97 Posted by Night Thrasher (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: It's always been there and kind of looms over the story, but I still feel the main plot is the battle for the throne. Hence the title "Game of Thrones"!

#98 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (14269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

Well I give up, no I haven't seen the show, there are no links to the first episode.

#100 Posted by JakeN7 (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitrageist: Yeah, I remember praising it for that very reason pretty early on.