• 83 results
Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I adore most sports games, such as FIFA, Madden, NBA 2k, etc.

But, I noticed a repeating pattern in the last few years of better graphics whilst maintaining horrible physics and realism.

Originally, this OP was going to be a rant about how unrealistic 2K was, but while I was thinking, I realized this is a problem prevalent in most games designed by EA.

In fact, the only good games I've ever played by EA were co-produced by Bioware.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Yes. Even Bioware suffered under those idiots.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah...

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

Yeah , they are.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sacredweapons

Companies aren't inherently bad. They give people what they think they want. But when they find a formula that works they do it again and again and again. Even the company's that take risk are criticized(nintendo) but the ones that stay the same make money (activision). So they are going the safe route in not messing up the game and just making it look better.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree regarding Bioware.

SW:TOR had potential, but it was rushed and thus barely lasted a year as a result of EA.

Dragon Age 2 had potential, but it was rushed as well.

Mass Effect 3 had potential, but it's fallen victim to the horrible money hungry executives of EA.

And if that weren't bad enough, games produced solely by EA are outright terrible.

Take NBA 2k14 for instance. Yes, the graphics are beautiful on the next gen console, but in terms of gameplay, it's worse than even 2k12. Especially MyCareer. I picked this game up about a week ago seeing what all the hype was about, and while I enjoyed playing it for the first few days, I quickly realized this game was horrible.

The players drop the ball like second graders in a peewee league basketball tryout. When the ball is knocked out of their hand, the one who was dribbling it usually just stands there and stares at it for a good five seconds while the defender immediately picks up the ball. If that weren't bad enough, sometimes characters even stumble when getting the ball stolen. I have never seen such ridiculousness in my life. Not once have I ever seen a player in the NBA stumble for about three to four feet simply from having the ball swatted out of their hands.

The ball too commonly goes right through your body when the NPC throws it, thus lowering your grade, but when you even slightly dribble the ball into an NPC, it goes flying out of your hand as if you were handling a tennis ball. The passing is horrible. It's as if your player's mindset is to throw the ball so hard that it penetrates your defender's torso and kills him in the process, thus resulting in a complete pass. There are many more things wrong with it, but you'd have to play for yourself to actually grasp my displeasure.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. EA only cares about money and will sacrifice everything including customer satisfaction and in some cases it's own dignity in pursuit of profit.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes. EA only cares about money and will sacrifice everything including customer satisfaction and in some cases it's own dignity in pursuit of profit.

Pretty much this.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#9  Edited By TheCannon

You really had to ask this to make sure?

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: I really hope you don't have this mindset when you enter the Off-Topic forum, because you might as well post this comment on every thread.

Nearly every thread on off-topic is made for opinions. The OPs already have a general idea of their opinion on the subject, but would like to hear from others, it's not like I'm asking for the meaning of life or anything.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are a terrible company that has access to people capable of making great games. That is all.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did EA make Battlefield 4? I played that and that game was the glitchiest piece of garbage I have ever played

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did EA make Battlefield 4? I played that and that game was the glitchiest piece of garbage I have ever played

Yeah, they did.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@the_last_kryptonian: Whatever company is at fault for SW:TOR should be shut down. I haven't the heart to delete the game, even though I haven't played in a year.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I'm in the exact same predicament. It's been months since I've played but I can't bring myself to delete it. I love the idea of a Star Wars MMO, but this one was executed pretty poorly.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

You really had to ask this to make sure?

Thought pretty much the same -_-

@thecannon: I really hope you don't have this mindset when you enter the Off-Topic forum, because you might as well post this comment on every thread.

Nearly every thread on off-topic is made for opinions. The OPs already have a general idea of their opinion on the subject, but would like to hear from others, it's not like I'm asking for the meaning of life or anything.

Why picking on him, mate? Even if OP was asking other people's opinion, it seemed redundant since EA's vileness is not just well known everywere else, its an fact too. Its not like he never played any of their games before, developed or published.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Rather than waste your time arguing, wouldn't it be more practical to move on? Other than you two, 84% of people who've commented on this thread have shown an interest in it.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@the_last_kryptonian: I am not arguing or anything, it was just you who started by taking issue with Cannon's comment for no reason. Maybe you should have ignored instead of playing defensive :v

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yup. But, I enjoy some games, like boxing games and whatnot that are made by them. That being said, they're not a good company to keep buying their titles.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes, they have become rich enough through pumping out subpar mainstream games that sadly alot of people buy that they can buy out all the smaller companies that actually care about more then money, then they just rush them so that they get more money as quickly as possible, killing any hope for anything new and unique in the process.

Imho, I know companies want to earn money, but a company should also care about and listen to their fans, EA does not, they just want money now and quick, I wouldn't care about that if it wasn't for the fact they keep buying out the studios that actually DO care about something more, like Bioware used too.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People will complain about EA and Activision then still buy there products, it's hilarious.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I'm going to be honest, I'm going to buy NBA 2k15.

Only because it's really the only basketball game franchise out there and I want to enjoy the new roster. And I assume other people buy their products because they hope that EA fixes the problems present in their previous games.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk about EA but I like some Activision games.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just like any other money hungry conglomerate that doesn't for the quality of its products as long as it sales

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

The fact that Dead Space 3' s ending is DLC is pretty sh**ty of them. All of their games typically have a rushed feel and games like ME3 and B4 have a ton of glitches.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say who use to work there in cases lurkers are roaming these board...and yes that is something they do on popular forums, to see who talks about things they shouldn't be, not saying it's me who worked there, unless I have, but perhaps these phrases were used a lot

"Ehhh was it game breaking?"

"Can we get away with shipping it like this?"

"Ehhhhh submit it anyway"

From a company standpoint though they know how to make money so no technically they are a titan. Not only do they know how to make money but they know how to do it efficiently, and cheap, if that means hiring contractors, animators and testers for short periods.

If you were an actual employee, especially programmers...they were the kings. it is a fun great atmosphere (unless it's crunch time) if you were a contractor, you were a drone

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mr_Clockwork91
No Caption Provided

I'll just leave this here...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30 JediXMan  Moderator

They are a terrible company that has access to people capable of making great games. That is all.

This. BioWare and DICE make some good games (yes, I like DICE).

MeleeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MeleeGod

I just don't like ea sports especially nba2k games it feels repetitive I mean you see players play what so fun about that but dragon age is fun I guess especially the newest one I just don't why the sports game is nice

It's just boring

Emperor777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People will complain about EA and Activision then still buy there products, it's hilarious.

1 year later and nothing has changed.

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, very

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This will be ingrained in my brain always either way

EliteMan737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it's not a bad company. They made an awesome games like Battlefield, Star Wars, FIFA, Need for Speed etc.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MrHamWallet

Yea, their ideology is as little work as possible for as much money as possible. I enjoy FIFA but it's basically the same game every year as is the case with all their annual releases. They are the worst of games companies.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

EA is still a bad company, but Konami is worse, in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah and they've dragged down developers like DICE and Bioware.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA doesn't make NBA 2k. EA makes NBA Live. And yes, they are a bad company. You should be when you win the Worst Company in the World in two straight years.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zaied

Yes, their business practices and the way they hinder developers make them pretty bad. The problem is that every year their name is attached to a good number of big titles like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space, any future Star Wars game, Battlefield, etc.

Fortunately, those games don't really interest me, and I don't buy their sports games, so I haven't bought an EA game in years and don't plan to in the near future. A new Road Rash is the only thing EA could announce that'd get me hyped.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA isnt bad, just so focused on money they do dumb things

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dextersinister

It's very money driven at the expense of product but Nintendo is probably worse, they have some seriously consumer unfriendly business practices.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

f68.jpg

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope ea provides hella games that people still play all the time. One of the best companies tbh

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@rpgesus: Successful and good are not synonyms in this case.

I just hope they don't ruin Battlefront 3 (or turn it into a Destiny clone).

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Just_Banter

Yes.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I agree regarding Bioware.

SW:TOR had potential, but it was rushed and thus barely lasted a year as a result of EA.

Dragon Age 2 had potential, but it was rushed as well.

Mass Effect 3 had potential, but it's fallen victim to the horrible money hungry executives of EA.

And if that weren't bad enough, games produced solely by EA are outright terrible.

Take NBA 2k14 for instance. Yes, the graphics are beautiful on the next gen console, but in terms of gameplay, it's worse than even 2k12. Especially MyCareer. I picked this game up about a week ago seeing what all the hype was about, and while I enjoyed playing it for the first few days, I quickly realized this game was horrible.

The players drop the ball like second graders in a peewee league basketball tryout. When the ball is knocked out of their hand, the one who was dribbling it usually just stands there and stares at it for a good five seconds while the defender immediately picks up the ball. If that weren't bad enough, sometimes characters even stumble when getting the ball stolen. I have never seen such ridiculousness in my life. Not once have I ever seen a player in the NBA stumble for about three to four feet simply from having the ball swatted out of their hands.

The ball too commonly goes right through your body when the NPC throws it, thus lowering your grade, but when you even slightly dribble the ball into an NPC, it goes flying out of your hand as if you were handling a tennis ball. The passing is horrible. It's as if your player's mindset is to throw the ball so hard that it penetrates your defender's torso and kills him in the process, thus resulting in a complete pass. There are many more things wrong with it, but you'd have to play for yourself to actually grasp my displeasure.

Also, Madden exclusivity is a crime. 2k Sony San Diego would make massively better football simulations.