I say the latter.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gloom

Watches as part of the Vine's ceiling falls down.

Dying? Nooooo!

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Slinger

I don't think it's dying, there are certain times and mixes of users that can cause a lot of activity to happen.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Octagon Freak

I've noticed a lot less activity in all of the forums, and less and less people online that are actually active.

So is this website dying? Or am I just looking at all the threads at the wrong times?

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Octagon Freak

Alexander Anderson says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"I say the latter. "
Ditto. The RPG forums in particular are very lively."

But is that the only thing keeping the site up right now?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

The Vine seems fine to me. Though at times it can be slow in the forums but overall it seems Okay to me

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

Octagon Freak says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"I say the latter. "
Ditto. The RPG forums in particular are very lively."

But is that the only thing keeping the site up right now? "

No it's the battle forums. The battle forums are always always lively.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Octagon Freak

Dreadnaught says:

"I say the latter. "

Well, every time I'm online, no one seems to be here. No one is responding in hardly any of the threads, and the site just seems dead...

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Dreadnaught says:

"I say the latter. "

Ditto. The RPG forums in particular are very lively.

Garison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Garison

some days are slow some days are fast

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

Octagon Freak says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"I say the latter. "

Well, every time I'm online, no one seems to be here. No one is responding in hardly any of the threads, and the site just seems dead..."

Besides, I'm not about to let the vine die.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kurrent

No way man!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The site has never been more popular (in my opinion). Lets not forget that the Vine isn't just the forums, theres the contribution pages as well. Maybe you need to expand to more threads. Thats not a shot but I know you like to frequent in the Vine Villains thread, in which case I don't blame you for thinking the Vine is dying.

I can only speak for myself, but the Vine has never been better. There are new users arriving everyday as well as new and creative threads. Lets not forget that today is Sunday as well as Memorial Day Weekend.

The Vine will never die. It will only multiple.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Octagon Freak

Well, I think I can say that activity has dropped since over a year ago when I first got here.

There were lots of cool people, and teams were solid for longer ammounts of time, even the ones that Gambler led...

The site just seems much less fun and active as it was awhile ago.... Man I sound old...

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul

Octagon Freak says:

"Well, I think I can say that activity has dropped since over a year ago when I first got here.There were lots of cool people, and teams were solid for longer ammounts of time, even the ones that Gambler led...The site just seems much less fun and active as it was awhile ago.... Man I sound old..."

I know how you feel. Most of my old friends are long gone, and most of the more famous viners. P-man. Walkingstone, Ronny, Donnieman, new venom, practically everyone on my friend's list are no longer here. And the loss that makes me saddest is octagon enigma. He took me under his wing back when no one liked me at all.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Since when do you have to be a mod to contribute to the character pages?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Dreadnaught says:

"Oh and sparda, though the loss of him was not voluntary on his part at all. His computer imploded. "

What ? Sparda is gone too ?

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Octagon Freak

Dreadnaught says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"Well, I think I can say that activity has dropped since over a year ago when I first got here. There were lots of cool people, and teams were solid for longer ammounts of time, even the ones that Gambler led... The site just seems much less fun and active as it was awhile ago.... Man I sound old..."
I know how you feel. Most of my old friends are long gone, and most of the more famous viners. P-man. Walkingstone, Ronny, Donnieman, new venom, practically everyone on my friend's list are no longer here. And the loss that makes me saddest is octagon enigma. He took me under his wing back when no one liked me at all. "

Yeah, but you'll be happy to know that he wastes all his time on Runescape now. Which is where I'm considering wasting some time here in a minute....

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vrakmul

Oh and sparda, though the loss of him was not voluntary on his part at all. His computer imploded.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Octagon Freak

Gambler says:

"Since when do you have to be a mod to contribute to the character pages?"

No, I meant that I can't see the contributions coming in like you can.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

aztek_the_lost says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Well, I think I can say that activity has dropped since over a year ago when I first got here.There were lots of cool people, and teams were solid for longer ammounts of time, even the ones that Gambler led...The site just seems much less fun and active as it was awhile ago.... Man I sound old..."

I know how you feel. Most of my old friends are long gone, and most of the more famous viners. P-man. Walkingstone, Ronny, Donnieman, new venom, practically everyone on my friend's list are no longer here. And the loss that makes me saddest is octagon enigma. He took me under his wing back when no one liked me at all. "

What do you mean? WS is still here, she's just on late at night...I talked to her just two days ago"

And did you really mention New Venom in the same breath as Stone an P-Man?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vrakmul

King Saturn says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Oh and sparda, though the loss of him was not voluntary on his part at all. His computer imploded. "

What ? Sparda is gone too ? "

Yes, read his blog, and this leaves me the task of dealing with halo fanboys. I already have hulk, dbz, wolverine, Anime in general, and U.S.A fanatics to deal with. I don't need Halo fanboys too.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Octagon Freak

aztek_the_lost says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Well, I think I can say that activity has dropped since over a year ago when I first got here. There were lots of cool people, and teams were solid for longer ammounts of time, even the ones that Gambler led... The site just seems much less fun and active as it was awhile ago.... Man I sound old..."
What do you mean? WS is still here, she's just on late at night...I talked to her just two days ago"

She's not online anything like she used to be.... And she's not very active either.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Octagon Freak

Gambler says:

"The site has never been more popular (in my opinion). Lets not forget that the Vine isn't just the forums, theres the contribution pages as well. Maybe you need to expand to more threads. Thats not a shot but I know you like to frequent in the Vine Villains thread, in which case I don't blame you for thinking the Vine is dying. I can only speak for myself, but the Vine has never been better. There are new users arriving everyday as well as new and creative threads. Lets not forget that today is Sunday as well as Memorial Day Weekend. The Vine will never die. It will only multiple."

Bah! I haven't been in the VV thread in awhile. I know no one is there, lol. And I can't see the contribution pages, because I'm not a moderator, and think I'm better than everyone like Gambler.....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Dreadnaught says:

"King Saturn says:
"Dreadnaught says:
What ? Sparda is gone too ? "
Yes, read his blog, and this leaves me the task of dealing with halo fanboys. I already have hulk, dbz, wolverine, Anime in general, and U.S.A fanatics to deal with. I don't need Halo fanboys too. "

Damn. That Sucks

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Just look at how many posts this thread has gotten in the short time its been up. Yeah it looks like the Vine is dead to me.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Octagon Freak

Gambler says:

"aztek_the_lost says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"Octagon Freak says:
And did you really mention New Venom in the same breath as Stone an P-Man?"

Oh, them's fightin' words....

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Copy

I haven't been that active in awhile, but thats because of my life. I'm starting to hang out with friends more, and do more thing with my family.

But as for the vine, I can't say.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Octagon Freak

Gambler says:

"Just look at how many posts this thread has gotten in the short time its been up. Yeah it looks like the Vine is dead to me."

It's because I'm so popular and loved....

cries

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"And did you really mention New Venom in the same breath as Stone an P-Man?"

Lmao!

Pretty sure this isn't the first time we've had a thread like this and the site didn't die then so I think we'll be fine this time around as well.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Copy

Well, I know for me, I haven't gotten that along with the new people. I just never talk to them. Maybe I should. Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Octagon Freak

Copy says:

"Well, I know for me, I haven't gotten that along with the new people. I just never talk to them. Maybe I should. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... "

Don't do it.

It's a trap!

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Octagon Freak says:

"Gambler says:

No, I meant that I can't see the contributions coming in like you can."

Yes you can http://www.comicvine.com/sitestats/ . Unless you mean you can't see new users' subs but new users' approved subs go on that page like any other sub & only account for a fraction of the day's total.

Character subs used to average in the 100-200 daily range, last week character subs hit 600 a day, now its averaging around 300 a day so... Gambler saying its never been more popular is totally true. Not even considering the new comics subs that come in, interviews G-Man does with big name creators, creators actually coming on the site & submitting stuff, the forums, powers/battle voting, more issue reviews than ever.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vrakmul

Copy says:

"Well, I know for me, I haven't gotten that along with the new people. I just never talk to them. Maybe I should. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... "

Copy, are you using fesak's super hero image?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pixelized

Copy says:

Yeah you havent had the pleasure of talking to me.

LOL

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Copy

Shatterstar says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"Gambler says:
Yes you can http://www.comicvine.com/sitestats/ . Unless you mean you can't see new users' subs but new users' approved subs go on that page like any other sub & only account for a fraction of the day's total. Character subs used to average in the 100-200 daily range, last week character subs hit 600 a day, now its averaging around 300 a day so... Gambler saying its never been more popular is totally true. Not even considering the new comics subs that come in, interviews G-Man does with big name creators, creators actually coming on the site & submitting stuff, the forums, powers/battle voting, more issue reviews than ever."

So, was that character: "Stan Lee" for real?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Copy

Dreadnaught says:

"Copy says:
Copy, are you using fesak's super hero image? "

Yes. He said it was okay.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Copy says:

"Shatterstar says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Gambler says:
Yes you can http://www.comicvine.com/sitestats/ . Unless you mean you can't see new users' subs but new users' approved subs go on that page like any other sub & only account for a fraction of the day's total. Character subs used to average in the 100-200 daily range, last week character subs hit 600 a day, now its averaging around 300 a day so... Gambler saying its never been more popular is totally true. Not even considering the new comics subs that come in, interviews G-Man does with big name creators, creators actually coming on the site & submitting stuff, the forums, powers/battle voting, more issue reviews than ever."

So, was that character: "Stan Lee" for real?"

Definitely not. You think Stan has time to write massive diatribes about how great he is in the third person on a comic site?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Copy

Shatterstar says:

"Copy says:
"Shatterstar says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Gambler says:
So, was that character: "Stan Lee" for real?"
Definitely not. You think Stan has time to write massive diatribes about how great he is in the third person on a comic site?"

I didn't know that, lol. My b.

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ImbecilicSage

I'd actually only joined up here about a week ago, but from what I've seen, it's one of the most active internet comic communities around. I don't know why anyone would think it's dying considering how prominent the community is...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#44  Edited By gmanfromheck

Just checked some data. The site traffic is up. It's continuously been increasing at a drastic rate since we've launched. Believe me, I keep an eye on it.

As far as professionals on site, yes there are some actual ones. Some make it clear who they are on their myvine pages. They don't necessarily use their real names as their user names, just like most of us don't. There are others that I believe try to stay a little under the radar.

And be prepared after the re-launch for traffic to increase even more. As far as the times when it's slow, that's because of heavy traffic. Too many users can slow things down. Remember that you don't have to be a registered user or be logged in to be on the site. We will be switching to a new server also so traffic increase won't slow the site down. If anything, it'll be going faster.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kurrent

G-Man says:

"Just checked some data. The site traffic is up. It's continuously been increasing at a drastic rate since we've launched. Believe me, I keep an eye on it. As far as professionals on site, yes there are some actual ones. Some make it clear who they are on their myvine pages. They don't necessarily use their real names as their user names, just like most of us don't. There are others that I believe try to stay a little under the radar. And be prepared after the re-launch for traffic to increase even more. As far as the times when it's slow, that's because of heavy traffic. Too many users can slow things down. Remember that you don't have to be a registered user or be logged in to be on the site. We will be switching to a new server also so traffic increase won't slow the site down. If anything, it'll be going faster."

You guys are Awesome!

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Last_Guardian

G-Man says:

"Just checked some data. The site traffic is up. It's continuously been increasing at a drastic rate since we've launched. Believe me, I keep an eye on it.As far as professionals on site, yes there are some actual ones. Some make it clear who they are on their myvine pages. They don't necessarily use their real names as their user names, just like most of us don't. There are others that I believe try to stay a little under the radar.And be prepared after the re-launch for traffic to increase even more. As far as the times when it's slow, that's because of heavy traffic. Too many users can slow things down. Remember that you don't have to be a registered user or be logged in to be on the site. We will be switching to a new server also so traffic increase won't slow the site down. If anything, it'll be going faster."

hellz yeah!

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Ms. Invisible

G-Man says:

" As far as professionals on site, yes there are some actual ones."

So Gail Simone could be registered on the site for all we know... Eeeeeep!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By shanana

well the summer is pending so i guess people got stuff to do

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers