Is Champions Online a good game?

Brolytard1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard a bit about it.

I've grown bored of DCUO, and am looking for a good MMO.

Not necessarily a Superhero theme, I just want something that is fun.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Thewhiteronin

Champions Online has an excellent character creation system, it is better than DCUO's by 1000x. Check the following threads for sample characters:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223561

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?s=46427b1ae09bff93f84f56ee8611ab71&t=210951

Some people are so dedicated to their characters that they made character profiles for their in-game characters: Caliga (Caliga is a fairly famous or infamous player ((depending on you who ask in the community)) in the CO community).

In Champions Online, you're mostly pressing corresponding keys to activate your powers in combat (1-7), but it's also very dynamic because your character can block attacks, jump out of AoE attack ranges, and teleport away from your opponents as well as utilize unique weaknesses to an enemies' powerset. Even though DCUO's combat gameplay is more modern, the powerset selection in Champions Online has more variety. There's rock, ice, fire, telekinetic, firearms, super strength, darkness, dual swords, a Thor powerset (Yeah, there's a powerset that's a homage to Marvel's Thor, you wield a heavy weapon as well as emit energy blasts), martial arts, magic, and a ton more that are escaping my mind right now. You can actually mix-and-match powersets to make such a powerful character that is able to solo ALL of the content in this game.

Champions Online has also fairly enjoyable content because there's a good amount of end-game dungeons to raid as well as rewards to receive. There are about 6 different world zones to do missions in (about 50-200 missions in each zone, they take quite awhile to complete).

The community is also generally friendly to new players because there are quite a few max level players who go out of their way to help low-level players. However, the CO community isn't favorable to beggars.

EDIT: Forgot to input my conclusion! Yes, this is good game, I've been playing since 2012!