• 195 results
#101 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? XD

They used to say it was a mental disorder. Which it is. They were blackmailed into changing it from a mental disorder.

Look into that. ;)

oh god i cant stop laughing

#102 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

TROLLS BE LURKIN!!!!

#103 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? XD

They used to say it was a mental disorder. Which it is. They were blackmailed into changing it from a mental disorder.

Look into that. ;)

I...

I...

I...

#104 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17859 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe said:

Really? XD

Look into that. ;)

I...

I...

I...

Just....pathetic....

#105 Edited by Squares (5529 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@cezar_thescribe said:

@explodingpineapple said:

If you are born a male your a male, if you are born a female your a female.

Here lies the problem in this line of reasoning; It's scientific fact that gay/transgender people are born the way they are and it's not something they chose.

But go ahead with your bad self, if you honestly think you know more about people who scientifically researched this. *eye roll*

Really? XD

Look into that. ;)

Who's 'they'? The people who make the DSM?

#106 Posted by HeckTate (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

If you mean transgender as in getting a sex change, the answer is obvious: there was no such thing in biblical times, and despite claiming an omnipotent god, the people who wrote the Bible didn't have the foresight to see transgender issues arising. If you are referring to being a hermaphrodite (someone born with both) I don't believe there is any mention whatsoever in the old or new testaments.

The bible really doesn't say much about sexuality at all. There's some focus on it on what qualifies as acceptable slavery, acceptable rape and marriage (not at all mutually exclusive, biblical punishment for raping an unmarried woman was now you have to marry her), and lots and lots about what foods are ok to eat and what clothing is ok to wear (btw if you wear any clothes that have blended fabrics [ie. not 100% cotton or wool but something like 50/50] that is a sin, you'll go to hell for it if you believe the bible. Also, picking up sticks on a Sunday = straight to hell.)

Basically what I'm getting at here is that the concept didn't exist when the Bible was written, and even if it did and it was explicitly mentioned as a sin, the Bible is one of the poorest sources of morality ever written.

#107 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17859 posts) - - Show Bio

I do wonder what the OP's thoughts are after three pages of responses.....

#108 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Either deep in thought...or a lot of Viners just got trolled, hard!

#109 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

Well yeah o/course its a sin , in the bible god made people to be who they wer born as , and otherwise ,its a sin..

#110 Posted by HeckTate (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg: Wrote my whole elaborate response then went back through and saw you covered almost everything I put down. Reading your bible is the quickest path to atheism, and atheists are sadly often the most knowledgeable people to consult when it comes to "what do the teachings of religion X say about subject Y?"

#111 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17859 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Either deep in thought...or a lot of Viners just got trolled, hard!

Don't think its trolling considering the OP's other thread.

#112 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah, after posting, that crossed my mind. I just forgot about it. I do, however, hope the OP is reconciling well. Even if asking for help on CV seems a bit juvenile.

#113 Posted by Dabee (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

It probably is. But who cares? So is playing football and shaving.

#114 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I already stated my opinion on the matter. If being gay/transgender/whatever you are, is a "sin" then God fails horribly as a creator.

Why would he even create gay/transgender (or people with the intent later on) people if he knew they would have "sins"? It makes no sense.

Exactly. I have researched this multiple times and I come up with the same result; Sexuality preference is something we're born with. We don't choose it's that way from birth. That is why I say God is a horrible creator if he/she/it exist.

I'd rather go to hell lol.

#115 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I already stated my opinion on the matter. If being gay/transgender/whatever you are, is a "sin" then God fails horribly as a creator.

Why would he even create gay/transgender (or people with the intent later on) people if he knew they would have "sins"? It makes no sense.

He would do that because he wanted to give people a choice, would you rather sin or do what's right.

#116 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24062 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: Right..... I'm not buying it. They are born that way, so God is that evil that he would make people suffer and struggle with being themselves all because he wants to "test" or to "do what's right" (which is stupid to begin with) certain people and not others for whatever reason? I refuse to follow this logic.

The Bible has borderline stated no human is "born in the wrong body" IIRC, which means no one is born gay/transgender or whatever; But good ole science proves otherwise.

#117 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24062 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Wait wait ,If god created it for it to be man x man or woman x woman , don't you think he'd create another man instead of eve? And why do you think he destroyed sodom and gohmmorah? Secondly How are they born that way? Peope decide to turn gay , not born that way LOL Where does " good ole' science" proof this?

#119 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, no, but I do love God with all my heart and want to do what's right. This is a very difficult issue as my one pastor told me.

That's all that matters, friend.

#120 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Wait wait ,If god created it for it to be man x man or woman x woman , don't you think he'd create another man instead of eve? And why do you think he destroyed sodom and gohmmorah? Secondly How are they born that way? Peope decide to turn gay , not born that way LOL Where does " good ole' science" proof this?

When has the bible ever proven anything? And, if you bothered to search, good ole science has many scholarly articles explaining the matter in great detail. But, you wont actually read something that wouldnt be parallel to your closed beliefs.

#121 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish all the idiots out there could put aside the Religion vs. Science debate just this one time!

Trollin' hard, son.

#122 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish all the idiots out there could put aside the Religion vs. Science debate just this one time!

Trollin' hard, son.

And calling people idiots isnt trolling?...son.

#123 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: Wait what..... This is the first time i ever see you on the forums and now you are making idiotic , baseless statements about me. :/ Whatever

#124 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17859 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah, after posting, that crossed my mind. I just forgot about it. I do, however, hope the OP is reconciling well. Even if asking for help on CV seems a bit juvenile.

Yeah, I think the OP is/was conflicted otherwise why would they have made this thread asking such questions?

#125 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24062 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder:

1. That's the point......God wants to punish people for doing things they never really had a choice to begin with because they were born with to begin with is idiotic, no? I'm not religious anyway so this does not imply me at all that is why I'm asking the question, because I want someone who is to answer it for me.

2. Again that is why I stated if he is real he is "bad creator" for punishing for that.

3. It is proven by science. Being gay is something life forms have in their DNA, (there are even animal who show this behavior)I have researched this subject multiple times and I get the same results, sexuality is something you're born with, it's not a chose.

Several sceintific studies and experiment prove this. I would post links to these studies, but I'm on my Droid right now so I can't post links, but I do remember me posting them in my ask thread. You could go there if you like, I think it's on post 198? or something? I dunno lol.

#126 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

Yeah, I think the OP is/was conflicted otherwise why would they have made this thread asking such questions?

Its a rough situation for the OP, any way you look at it. But there are much better avenues for moral support. Anyway, I need to back away from this thread.

@tifalockhart: Good luck to you, I hope you eventually find what you need and can feel good about who you are.

#127 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#128 Posted by HeckTate (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He would do that because he wanted to give people a choice, would you rather sin or do what's right.

That's not really much of a choice is it? If someone were to offer you a choice of 2 options, but hit you every time you chose the one they didn't like, you wouldn't exactly turn around and say "Well, at least he gave me that choice. Thanks." So not very cool of God to say "Yeah, it's totally your choice, just know that one choice results in me loving you and the other in your eternal damnation." Especially when you add to that all the passages where they explicitly instruct you to kill, rape, and enslave anyone who worships differently than you . . .

But yeah, free will. God's all about that.

#129 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24062 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: This is getting off-topic now and has nothing to do with what's the OP's asking. Obviously my post and say on the matter was questtioning the legetimacy of the Bible, while the OP wanted answers from the Bible.

It's obvious the OP is devoted to the Bible and Christianity in general and their is nothing wrong with that. Tifa is looking for religious people to answers said question, not people to question the legitamacy of it.

So if you want to keep discussing this I think it's best we continue in PM if that's okay with you.

#130 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

Trollin' hard, son.

And calling people idiots isnt trolling?...son.

Nope.

#131 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17859 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: It is. And seeing people constantly posting "Here we go" and "Uh flame baiting" comments don't help either.

#132 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard holy sh*t

how do you function

#133 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24062 posts) - - Show Bio
#134 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: I'm asking how you are currently alive. It doesn't seem very possible.

#136 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@hecktate said:

@nighthunder said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

That's not really much of a choice is it? If someone were to offer you a choice of 2 options, but hit you every time you chose the one they didn't like, you wouldn't exactly turn around and say "Well, at least he gave me that choice. Thanks." So not very cool of God to say "Yeah, it's totally your choice, just know that one choice results in me loving you and the other in your eternal damnation." Especially when you add to that all the passages where they explicitly instruct you to kill, rape, and enslave anyone who worships differently than you . . .

But yeah, free will. God's all about that.

1. God loves anyone regardless what they believe , its just satan tainted humanity with sin , he didn't make people that way.

2. When? Show me where it says that.

and 3rdly this IS getting off-topic , like DCCR2011 said. I'll gladly continue in PM if you like

#137 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

The bible said a snake talked a guy into eating an apple. I wouldn't pay much attention to it....

#138 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@biteme_fanboy: lol @ calling people idiots.

Real mature move.

Well. In my opinion, the people who take any chance they can get to insult one anothers beliefs are indeed idiots, and as basically what you just called me, immature.

Whether you think it's mature or not. I honestly don't care. But anyways. I'm not going to fall victim of what I was just complaining about, so I will kindly exit this thread because the only response towards the OP I needed to make, has been made.

@deranged_midget A mod steps in to tell me not to insult people, but not to warn people to stay on topic and respect the OP's thread? And insulting each other as well?

#139 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: Simple , the heart pumps blood to all my vitals and what not and my brain allows me to control them , that includes breathing.

#140 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: That doesn't explain what you just said three posts ago.

You're an imaginary construct.

You are not real.

I absolutely refuse to believe that you are a real person who actually believes what you said.

#141 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio
#142 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#143 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24062 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: I'm not even going to explain the fallacious line of reasoning in your post, so I'm just going to say whateves and leave it alone.

Have a great day. ^_^

#144 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: It wasn't a actual snake , it was satan , the guy that tempts rapists to rape , the evil spirit who wants people in hell to burn , the reason why there are murderers

#146 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: It wasn't a actual snake , it was satan , the guy that tempts rapists to rape , the evil spirit who wants people in hell to burn , the reason why there are murderers

Or its just Rob Liefeld's ancestors first attempt at writing.

#147 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: The OP's thread revolves around the Bible itself and obviously, people will have differing opinions and beliefs which they are allowed to speak. In regards to most religious threads, if it gets out of hand, we handle it. In your case, you unfortunately chose to insult that group directly and even admitted to it afterwards.

#148 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: now you are just stating what you personally believe in as if it were absolute truth. This thread is not about religion, it's about the Bible.

The Bible is an actual document, a work of mythology written as an aggregation of different texts in the span of decades, more than 2000 years ago.

It has little if anything to do with the various different things people choose to believe today. If we are talking bible then yes, the Bible states all the things liste above about rape, slavery and mixed fibers. There is no denying that, those things are in there.

Should that discourage anyone from believing? Of course not. History changed the corpus of what christians believe, luckily. Those who choose to use the Bible as a shield to justify their actions kind of fail in their arguments because they just cherry pick what's written in there. But if you believe in a god who is similar to the one in the new testament, Jesus Christ and all that, a 2000 years old book shouldn't stop nor inform your beliefs. Your heart and your faith should.

This thread is about transgenderism (I don't know if it's called that, english is not my first language). In the bible there is no mention of it. There are some statements about sexuality, but of course 2000 years ago they were different times, so they had a whole different set of prejudices.

Also, people always make a big deal about how homosexuality is such a big deal in the bible, when it's actually talked about only twice. They talk way more about obeying the holy men and punishing thieves and unfaithful wives.

So, the simple answer to the OP is no, it's not a sin. I would invite people to stay civil and not accuse anyone of being idiots just because they don't share world views.

Of course, people shouldn't get arrogant or offensive is somebody states a fact that they don't like: I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that homosexuality is something people are born with, but that is just a fact, common in nature and in mankind since ever. If that clashes with your beliefs, then you should consider what that means about yuor beliefs, not shut your eyes and offend others.

#149 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by NighThunder (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

wait , transgenderdness is a sin becuase you're changing the body god gave you. Secondly i think the OP wants to hear from other christians , not trolls who want to fluant other religions.