• 195 results
#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (13977 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not looking for your personal opinion unless it's an interpretation of Scripture.

Please help.

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19516 posts) - - Show Bio

Just Google it. Read the bible yourself, Or talk to a pastor. This website is not the authority on the subject. Even though you say no opinions this thread will probably start flaming.

#3 Posted by MisterAnderson (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: Don't think so. I don't think they really had a frame of reference for it when The Bible was penned. JC seems more tolerant than his followers; I suspect he'd be more concerned with what someone does, rather than how they were born.

#4 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17509 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is a sin to be gay in the eyes of the bible then I can see transgender following that as well.

I did have a look at a couple of christian sites about it and they seem to view it as such.

And you say you aren't looking for a personal opinion unless its an interpretation of scripture. So you are looking for peoples personal opinions then?

#5 Posted by russellmania77 (14410 posts) - - Show Bio

Y r u gonna put urself threw this? Asking questions like this will not make u feel better

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the more Biblical construct would be a Transgender person is Cursed.

#7 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Just Google it. Read the bible yourself, Or talk to a pastor. This website is not the authority on the subject. Even though you say no opinions this thread will probably start flaming.

Sadly, the last part is too true

#8 Edited by Wolverine08 (38093 posts) - - Show Bio

And here.. we... Go.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio

Y r u gonna put urself threw this? Asking questions like this will not make u feel better

This. I can understand the initial thread for coming out because you want/need some form of support, but if you're so damn worried about the religious aspect, go figure it out yourself.

#10 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (11417 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree on this.

#11 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17152 posts) - - Show Bio

errr....i'm assuming it is.

since being gay is wrong according to the bible i feel like it'll have the same rule with being stransgendered.

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (38093 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

I agree on this.

completely

#14 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (11417 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (38093 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (11417 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Are you sure two is enough or maybe a third?

#17 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

Transgender people are awesome!

Not sure if the bible condemns them or not, and honestly I don't care. If the bible has a problem with transgender people it can go f#@% itself.

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19516 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone's catching feelings... LOL

#20 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by russellmania77 (14410 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Oscuro (676 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bible is interpreted so many different ways that you could probably find someone who will say yes and someone who will say no within the exact same words. Whether you are a transgendered person or not, just be the best person you can be as a friend, worker, family member etc etc. Be yourself

#23 Posted by _Zombie_ (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure it is.

#24 Posted by w0nd (2730 posts) - - Show Bio

if wearing certain fabrics is a sin this most certainly is.....

#25 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

On another note, why are you looking for validation or invalidation from The Bible ? I mean this is the same book that endorses Slavery and calls eating Shellfish an Abomination. I mean in terms of what The Bible considers Sin... everyone fits in that category as Sin covers just about everything we love to do as well as a lot of the bad stuff too.

#26 Posted by OverLordArhas (7383 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, Sodom and Gomorrah received divine punishment because of its many transgression including homosexuality (Engaging in sexual acts with the same sex), one of the major sins included in God's smite list.

#27 Posted by MonsterStomp (15267 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the bible. Fits under the fiction category in my books.

#28 Posted by _Zombie_ (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, Sodom and Gomorrah received divine punishment because of its many transgression including homosexuality (Engaging in sexual acts with the same sex), one of the major sins included in God's smite list.

This isn't homosexuality in question, though. It's being transgender.

On another note, why are you looking for validation or invalidation from The Bible ? I mean this is the same book that endorses Slavery and calls eating Shellfish an Abomination. I mean in terms of what The Bible considers Sin... everyone fits in that category as Sin covers just about everything we love to do as well as a lot of the bad stuff too.

Pretty sure they're just curious.

#29 Posted by BR_Havoc (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I would just go by what the new Pope said. Finally someone that wants to use the church to better the world not make money.

#30 Edited by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by OverLordArhas (7383 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

@overlordarhas said:

This isn't homosexuality in question, though. It's being transgender.

But the path they thread leads to this. Changing one's gender is going outside the natural order. It is pretty naive to presume that it will not lead to intimate relationships with the same sex.

*If my definition of transgender is warped, then please correct me.*

My personal opinion is go for it! If it makes you happy then go for it, unless the act violates the rights of others. I'm more of an atheist, but OP stated that our response must be biblical.

#32 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22877 posts) - - Show Bio

I already stated my opinion on the matter. If being gay/transgender/whatever you are, is a "sin" then God fails horribly as a creator.

#33 Edited by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

@king_saturn said:

Pretty sure they're just curious.

I actually think it's deeper than just good ole curiosity... based on what was said in other threads dealing with the user.

#34 Edited by _Zombie_ (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: It's not naive at all to assume that. Someone can be transgender and want nothing to do with the gender they identify with.

Likewise, homosexuality and the state of being transgender don't always intersect.

#35 Posted by OverLordArhas (7383 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

@overlordarhas: It's not naive at all to assume that. Someone can be transgender and want nothing to do with the gender they identify with.

Likewise, homosexuality and the state of being transgender don't always intersect.

Can you give me a ball park figure on that? Because I do not know anyone to use as reference with regards to that. Most of the people I read or know personally who is transgendered are involved with the same sex.

#36 Edited by _Zombie_ (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: My boyfriend knows a few. I'm just saying that it isn't necessarily the default for them to be homosexual just because they identify with a certain gender.

#37 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19516 posts) - - Show Bio

On another Note, why was this post needed. if your don't agree with the Bible, that doesn't mean bash it. Old Testament laws are different then New Testament laws. Yes, everyone has sinned and fallen sort of the glory of God. everybody sins everyday, if we repent are sins he forgives us. Jesus Christ already died for every ones sins, meaning God loves everybody.

#38 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22877 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#39 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

On another Note, why was this post needed. if your don't agree with the Bible, that doesn't mean bash it. Old Testament laws are different then New Testament laws. Yes, everyone has sinned and fallen sort of the glory of God. everybody sins everyday, if we repent are sins he forgives us. Jesus Christ already died for every ones sins, meaning God loves everybody.

Since when is The Truth bashing something ? Old Testament Laws are not much different than New Testament... at no point did Jesus say "Okay Slavery is Off Limits" as a matter of fact in both Colossians 3:22 and Ephesians 6:5 it says that Slaves are to Obey their Masters. Old Testament Laws are Very Similar to New Testament Laws... there are only slight variations. God doesn't love everybody he claimed openly that he hated Esau and he even said he rejected King Saul after Saul failed him... God only loves those whom he draws to himself... he didn't save everyone nor did he have an intention of doing so. God loves to create evil as much as he does make peace and be good. You forgot Isaiah 45:7 ?

#40 Posted by WillPayton (9043 posts) - - Show Bio

I like kittens!

Who's with me?

#41 Posted by OverLordArhas (7383 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

@overlordarhas: My boyfriend knows a few. I'm just saying that it isn't necessarily the default for them to be homosexual just because they identify with a certain gender.

There are always exemptions to the rules, but if we generalized the population, their statistics maybe insignificant. Plus the bible told us not to go against our nature.

#42 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

The bible says a lot of things.

#43 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart

I'm afraid I can't offer much in terms of advice, since I have zero experience in this regard, and I don't think a comic site is really qualified for that either.

But if you are a Christian, I suggest you seek the advice of a properly-trained pastor of some sort. This is something you have to seek the counsel of others for, and maybe even God Himself. All I can offer you is prayer, and know that no matter what, God still loves you:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? … No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither life nor death, neither angels nor demons, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:35-39)

#44 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it says something about women shouldn't dress as men and vice versa so I'm going to assume since being transgender implies god goofed and put a woman in a man's body or vice versa the concept is viewed negatively within the bible. Just a guess though.

#45 Posted by OverLordArhas (7383 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by TifaLockhart (13977 posts) - - Show Bio

The last thing I want is a war. But my mother is crying because I wore a dress to HeroClix yesterday and I've heard that transgenderism isn't referenced in the Bible from some people but from others they say it is and I've read the passages in question and I honestly don't know and neither does my one pastor.

I need help.

#47 Posted by JediXMan (29286 posts) - - Show Bio

The last thing I want is a war. But my mother is crying because I wore a dress to HeroClix yesterday and I've heard that transgenderism isn't referenced in the Bible from some people but from others they say it is and I've read the passages in question and I honestly don't know and neither does my one pastor.

I need help.

I'm a Christian, so we're clear. My answer is not based on opinion, and I'm not judging. I just want to help out.

That said, this is the quote:

Deuteronomy 22:5 (King James)

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

#48 Posted by TifaLockhart (13977 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but doesn't mean women who wear pants are in no position to condemn and judge me?

My other pastor cited Genesis and the part about God creating man and woman, and not Deuteronomy.

#49 Posted by JediXMan (29286 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but doesn't mean women who wear pants are in no position to condemn and judge me?

People have argued that, too. Fundamentalist Christian women don't wear pants.

Though one could argue that makeup and high-heels were meant for men in the first place (seriously. Look up the history - those things were made for men to use. Makeup was also popular amongst warriors in ancient times).

#50 Posted by OverLordArhas (7383 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@tifalockhart said:

I need help.

I'm a Christian, so we're clear. My answer is not based on opinion, and I'm not judging. I just want to help out.

That said, this is the quote:

Deuteronomy 22:5 (King James)

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Agreed, and it goes deeper than mere cross dressing, it also pertains to acts and state of mind (How you think). The Bible is quite strict in this.