Is being an meninist hypocritical?

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram said:

@makhai: I do want to bring down certain issues within feminism, and my reactionary/argumentative illogical debating here is just one example of my qualms with feminism, it is one of the bigger issues. The entire feminist public image is terrible and we all know that. I could have debated properly, articulated my points and elaborated with sources and statistics, but seriously -- This is a comic forum with guys who believe in the friendzone and want to get raped, nobody would have changed their opinion even if I had given a Nobel Prize winning post.

So you want to bring down certain issues you have with feminism by attempting to embody these qualities you take issue with?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#302  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@makhai said:
@pyrogram said:

@makhai: I do want to bring down certain issues within feminism, and my reactionary/argumentative illogical debating here is just one example of my qualms with feminism, it is one of the bigger issues. The entire feminist public image is terrible and we all know that. I could have debated properly, articulated my points and elaborated with sources and statistics, but seriously -- This is a comic forum with guys who believe in the friendzone and want to get raped, nobody would have changed their opinion even if I had given a Nobel Prize winning post.

So you want to bring down certain issues you have with feminism by attempting to embody these qualities you take issue with?

POE's law? lol

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@joshmightbe: I really don't want to get into a huge debate, and I'll admit it may be better to delve deeper into this thread in order to get a better understanding and more respectful understanding of your opinions. But when I bring up Sansa, I do it half jokingly. Yes people should move past something that is not worth blowing up about, especially when you delve deeper into that world. But I used the term people in a general sense, and not once did I refer to feminists. Of course there are feminists that overreact to minor things, but you can say that for any movement. I highly doubt all feminists are represented by the acts of what probably is just a select few in the grand scheme of things. Again you could select any movement and pick out the bad apples and use them to represent a false ideology of what that movement actually represents. Yes some women may see men as inferior and use propaganda to claim they are fighting for their gender, but come on not all women and feminists follow that viewpoint. In school I was taught to look at something from all angles before coming to a conclusion. So yeah there are some bad feminists but i would like to believe a movement that fights for equality and progressive positive movement has way more good than bad.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@makhai: Not intentionally, but rather through apathy, cause and effect. I didn't care enough to reply with anything articulate and well formulated so I came across as reactionary/aggressive and downright condescending (because of the swiftness of replying and not having time to really think). If I had thought, and planned out my responses I obviously would have not had those qualities. I just don't see a reason to waste my time here, with people who will never agree with me, instead I debate a little (as aforementioned in this thread, I enjoy debating regardless of if I win or lose) for personal enjoyment.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@acer_: I know what you mean, every group has the loud idiots that drown out the sane ones. Its like why people think all conservatives are nuts because the news keeps showing those tea party lunatics or they think all liberals are deluded because they always show some loopy celebrity who's completely disconnected from reality as a spokesmen.

If we could just find a way to shut all the loud idiots up for a bit we might actually be able to fix the problems they keep screaming about.

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Unfortunately we live in a world where those lone idiotic voices are given more exposure than those with rationale and sane viewpoints. And thus it leads to false representation and quick reactionary judgements from all sides. We as a society need to take a step back and look at these things much deeper before we come to a final conclusion. One day idiots will be quiet and intelligent people can have a voice.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am neither feminist or meninist. I am equalist ftw

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost an entire 8 pages in eleven hours. What the hell have you guys discussed? What is this thread even about.

Guys pls.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like jaken7 and pyrogram would make great friends

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Almost an entire 8 pages in eleven hours. What the hell have you guys discussed? What is this thread even about.

Guys pls.

I think its made a advanceMENt

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This thread:

No Caption Provided

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: ill fill you in with the thread, this thread started out as a funny meninism thread. Some feminist started talking and a debate started. So it was basically feminist trying to defend thier world view agaisnt people whom identify as egalitarian or humanism, which a debated sparked. Feminist said that they are fighting for equality, yet they made sexist remarks like "men need to be taught not to rape" as if it is in thier nature. A saint of Egalitarianism called Frozen then shared his blog post about why he isn't a feminist and instead of talking about the main substance of his post, a feminist pointed at a hasty generalization made by Frozen which was an abstract idea that didn't even effect his main points. They then started calling him a liar by contorting that idea which he said "no feminist supported the problem of men in prison being raped". That signifies that it wasn't high on the feminist priority list, instead they were preoccupied with the way Women were portrayed in some video games being the Damsel in distress. So the feminist (instead of engaging In a thoughtful debate) simply called the saint a liar, which inevitably led to multiple pages of meaningless nonsense, basically the feminist trying to degrade the saints argument without actually having to argue a single point. Saint being @Frozen

I need to be filled in about the last page though, was Pyro simply imulating feminism?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: I should already be following you, I'll check though.

akintoussaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By akintoussaint

Basically this thread started about meninsm,then became about rape.Then DV briefly.then about feminist before completely deteriorating into people trolling each other and now we're reflecting on how this thread was massively derailed.:P

Good job eveybody. :D

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimately theres no logically sound way to argue with a feminist.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I may not agree with all of your viewpoints, however I applaud you for that blog

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you even grammar?

"an meninist"

It was only a mistake :(

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You said yourself its only ment to be sarcasm, so I wouldn't call it hypocritical as much as a joke. Hypocrisy to me implies an actual belief.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: Guess you're right but some people won't be sarcastic or have humor regarding such a issue. They might get the wrong idea and actually agree with a movement.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bruxae: Guess you're right but some people won't be sarcastic or have humor regarding such a issue. They might get the wrong idea and actually agree with a movement.

That's true, just like some feminists believe it's about female superiority.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't call a parody of men hypocritical.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Mfundroid

I thought it was a "masculinist" since feminist is derived from feminine. Oh well...

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: what happened to the post you sent me? It is in my notifications and I read it, but it isn't here.

In that post I think you misunderstand what rape is. If someone says yes, but then says no afterward, that isn't rape. You cannot expect anyone to be able to read minds.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: You're a rapist basically. If someone says no during sex that's rape. WTF? You're justifying rape. LOL This is why education is needed. If you're having sex with someone and they say "stop" and you don't stop, you're raping them. We're all allowed to change our minds even during the act, you don't own their body.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: if I were you, I'd read my post. In your post you said that is someone has sex and says YES during, but afterwards says they didn't want to, that is rape. Lol you are trying so hard to put words in my mouth.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: You said if they said no afterward, if they initially said yes to sex, and then said no AFTER the yes because they changed their mind, that's rape. I'm not talking about AFTER sex, I'm talking about after the yes, during sex.

So you're telling me, if I was having sex with my girlfriend, and she told me to stop, and I didn't stop, that's not rape? Let's look at the definition of rape from the oxford dictionary;

The crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will

She explicitly said "stop" so, if I don't stop, that's going against her will. That's rape.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: this is what you said in the post that "disappeared" I can still see it in my inbox.

"People are pressured into sex and might say yes initially, but say no afterwards (or even during) and that's rape".

You made it clear that you meant after sex. Which is what I mean. I see how you got confused, but I worded it just like you did.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme:

You made it clear that you meant after sex.

Where? I said after the yes, I didn't once say after sex. I said after the yes. You misunderstood my words. You can't say no after sex, that makes no sense. How can you say no to something which has already happened? O_o LOL

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: you put "if they say yes after (of even during)" which means at least the way I inerpreted it, yes after sex or even during sex. I know that during sex, someone can quit any time. What I talking about is how you said after it.

You are saying now that you meant after one says yes, but the way your post is worded it says something different.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: Someone using their brain would realize that you can't say no to something after it's happened. How you interpreted that as after sex is your problem, because it's logically impossible to say no to something that has already happened which you agreed to prior and during.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: well, there is a few feminist out there arguing that if someone says yes and engages in sex, but feels bad about it afterward, that they were raped. I was hoping you weren't that type of feminist, and that is why I brought it up. Now I have two options, I can do what you did to Frozen and call you a liar that is now "changing" his story. Or I can simply say thanks for clarifying.

"Thanks for clarifying"

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: I think feminists who say that "guilty rape" is a thing are stupid. I was arguing about that a few days ago actually because some people I know linked me to an article of a girl who lost her virginity in a one-night stand and was sad she didn't get into a relationship after, and called it abusive (and rape) and I was like. That's stupid, any logical feminist knows you can't be raped simply of because of guilty or regret, if you agreed, that's literally not rape.

I didn't change my story, you just interpreted it wrong. They aren't even the same. He wasn't clarifying, he changed his entire argument to fit the lie (or false information).

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: okay, well that scared me a tad at first. My impression wasn't that you were one of those crazy feminist. It was just that you were a feminist. And after seeing that post I was scared I was going to have to relate you with the crazies. Glad I dont

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: Well I am crazy, soooo. You weren't too wrong :P I have some really extreme views, I can admit that. Especially in regards to the R word.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram: I use to be kinda crazy religious wise. I went through christianity, then rebelled into satanism for awhile. I had a girlfriend that brought me into wicca for a few years, I left because they were more dianic in nature, then tried chaos magic, then Mormonism, deism, now I'm an atheist/agnostic. Soooo.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I still believe these issues can be fixed if we just stop letting idiots and crazy people do all the talking, or at the very least stop listening to them. Like if a woman gives you an hour long rant about flowers being a symbolic vagina because you say stop and smell the roses then her opinion no longer counts, or if a dude says that women only belong in the kitchen then maybe he doesn't get to represent men on TV.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and people wonder why there is MGTOW

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

"Meninist"?

I don't think I have ever heard a word that sounded this lame..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The op doesn't even make sense, he/she acknowledged it as a "sarcastic answer" to feminism. Yet takes it all as being true and calling it hypocritical. SomayaReece didn't even provide examples of this meninist movement being hypocritical or something to justify it being a "synonym for bullish!t". It doesn't make sense.

And how would op know that it is usually white male men that feel entitled to a woman. Isn't that a bit ridiculous?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am neither feminist or meninist. I am equalist ftw

Damn straight

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

We should make a thread next talking about the friendzone, that'll probably gain funny attention too :P

its a myth

Loading Video...

people keep making terms to protect their insecurities

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#348 frozen  Moderator

@silkyballfro94: ill fill you in with the thread, this thread started out as a funny meninism thread. Some feminist started talking and a debate started. So it was basically feminist trying to defend thier world view agaisnt people whom identify as egalitarian or humanism, which a debated sparked. Feminist said that they are fighting for equality, yet they made sexist remarks like "men need to be taught not to rape" as if it is in thier nature. A saint of Egalitarianism called Frozen then shared his blog post about why he isn't a feminist and instead of talking about the main substance of his post, a feminist pointed at a hasty generalization made by Frozen which was an abstract idea that didn't even effect his main points. They then started calling him a liar by contorting that idea which he said "no feminist supported the problem of men in prison being raped". That signifies that it wasn't high on the feminist priority list, instead they were preoccupied with the way Women were portrayed in some video games being the Damsel in distress. So the feminist (instead of engaging In a thoughtful debate) simply called the saint a liar, which inevitably led to multiple pages of meaningless nonsense, basically the feminist trying to degrade the saints argument without actually having to argue a single point. Saint being @Frozen

I need to be filled in about the last page though, was Pyro simply imulating feminism?

I am Saint Frozen, and I preach for thy Bat-God.

No Caption Provided

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Pyrogram

@vivide: Yeah, the friendzone is just to make insecure people feel better.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Pyrogram

@frozen: Also, you're a supporter of egalitarianism, have you ever done anything to promote female or male injustices? Because if you're so willing to preach that men aren't helped, I'm sure you do help men and women somehow.