Is being an meninist hypocritical?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Apparently, it is suppose to be men's sarcastic answer to feminism by means of complaining about the other gender's oppression, much like feminism.

Not to say men aren't oppressed since many of them are in the minority group. I believe in equality of all humans. I just think some men complaining about feminists and then does the same exact things as them are just hypocrites.

Meninism is a synonym for bullshit; usually used by those who aren't oppressed but want to be. Male men (usually white) who feel entitled to women; favorite tools being their hand and their keyboard.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pyrogram

Meninism is bullshit, because feminism does a better job at advocating for males rights. Meninism is anti-feminism, don't get it confused with anything that actually wants to help men -- They don't.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also there is a lot of people who don't understand what feminism is, and why it helps men. Kind of sad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Wait, Meninism is an actual thing?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pyrogram
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Wait, Meninism is an actual thing?

Some guys feel that men are in danger of becoming an inferior and oppressed gender because of the dastardly and evil feminism. It's just uneducated sexists really.

luma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care what ethnicity, gender, age or sexuality you are.

Everyone needs to be equal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: If you use Twitter then you should see some of the ridiculous things under the hashtag lol

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meninists basically just call out feminists on their hippocritical BS and point out the double standards they present

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MakkyD

It's meant to be more irony than an actual movement...I hope.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@kgb725: No they don't, they derail actual conversations and continue living in ignorance. Anyone who sides with meninism probably identifies with the term "nice guy" and think's the friendzone somehow exists too. Immature little boys.

@luma: That's what feminism advocates, equality.

luma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Some people are too ignorantly stupid to notice that it's satire and not an actual movement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luma: You won't get that in America.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Yes, it's a joke.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kgb725

@pyrogram: Why don't most feminists fight for men's rights then

luma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Feminism does not fight for male rights, only male emasculation.

As far as meninism, I think it is bull crap, it sends the wrong messege and confuses people since it is satirical in nature, it provides no benefiet to anything. We need to unite under humanism.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pyrogram

@kgb725: Because they do. They fight for male domestic violence, gender roles, and court bias. If you haven't seen any of that you're ignoring it. Because it happens. Read the site Everyday Feminism (I don't go on it but I know people who do) and they always have articles pro-male rights.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram

Stop lying Pyro, we all know you're a closet feminist. There is no such thing as equality, men are better....STONE HIM!!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_: I'm not a closet feminist, I am xD Kind of anyways... I do have a lot of criticism towards how modern-feminist go about reacting to shit like dumbasses :P

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram

I pretty much feel the same way tbh.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram: many people are giving you hate.

I know some feminist will say stuff like, guys need to have a better standing in child support cases, or something to that effect, but they don't go do anything to help garuntee such a thing. They will say they support it but fail to partake in any action what so ever to help.

The problem with feminist is it emasculated the male population only leaving them with female qualities. Look at what feminism has done to the school population, it has fought to equalize the woman's spot in education, yet the scales never stopped tipping. Schools have now adopted ideals that drastically now support females much more than males. This can be seen from studies about male and female performances. Male children value sports, aggression, etc, yet schools are now saying that games like dodge ball are too dangerous because someone might get hurt. So a guy can't have fun and be a guy during recess, or will have to sit down all day and color while not being allowed to draw his super hero's beating up bad guys (like I did) because punching is a bad thing and isn't supported by the schools systems etc... feminism is now doing more harm than good in all scenarios imo besides Islamic burqa arguments etc...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_: Feminism is a good thing, why would we argue against equal rights? But sometimes feminists can be too reactionary and aggressive. It's such a shame, even some WOMEN don't understand what feminism is xP

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: That's a lie, and you know it. Feminism tries to help.

The problem with femenism is it emasculated the male population only leaving them with female qualities.

Wrong, insecure males believe that. My girlfriend is perfectly happy with me acting masculine/dominant (and feminine with affection) and she is a massive feminist.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: you really only copied one sentence in the whole reply? I go over why it emasculated the male population.

However, explain how believing that feminism supports male emasculation to be me being insecure? That has literally no link. I provided reasons like feminism doesn't support male qualities, and this can be seen in how the school system has changed. feminism also is in fact sexist towards males as well (at least modern feminism) by bringing up rape all of the time like it is a male-female hate crime rather than bad people doing bad things. They act like we have to teach males not to rape, how much more offensive can people be? And these wackos are united under feminism. This is why I cannot be apart of it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: You gave the dumbest example ever which wasn't even worthy of my attention. Come on dude, none of those things you said are even related to feminism and are even problems. 1st world problems which aren't even problems.

Feminism DOES support male qualities. Do you understand the concept of 3rd wave feminism? That's what modern feminism is. It's stopping gender roles, and that includes male gender roles. We DO have to teach some males not to rape. Because lot's of men are unsure what rape is and they think having sex with a sleeping woman isn't rape (that is a common thing) or they think "the woman was asking for it" and that is also a common thing. Lots of men think that pressuring a woman into sex isn't abusive. You're just upset because your privilege is being attacked. You don't have to worry about walking down the street and being raped at night because it happens to men less. You don't have to worry about getting in a car with a male friend because you're unsure if he will rape you. (Because most rape happens by people we know).

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

There are very few things I agree with my father on but he summed up the "Men's Rights Movement" quite nicely. He said you don't get to be called a man if you spend all your time whining about what women who don't like you are doing.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People take satire too seriously. And if someone can't recognize it as such, then they lack both sense and understanding of context. In other words, they're stupid.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: And you're insecure because you're blaming women on your lack of confidence and inability to be masculine. Literally nobody is stopping you being masculine, no feminist wants to stop people being masculine. That's absurd.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was more satire and not an actual movement or whatever. I don't know anything about them besides that.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people that think its an actual movement also probably think Stephen Colbert's character on the Colbert Report was who he actually was and represented his actual political views lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Meninism isn't meant to be taken seriously. If you don't have a sense of humor, then go ahead and take it seriously. And I understand what the feminist movement is supposed to stand for. However, that's not what it's become. Modern feminism has become a movement that relies on faulty statistics (77 cents for every man's dollar, 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault, etc.) that don't help anyone and just end up demonizing men, so of course a lot of men (and women) aren't on board with feminism.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram: your statements are a prime example of why I cannot support feminism. Your are acting like regular males are capable of rape, it takes people with screwed up minds to commit such actions.

Of course we have to talk about rape being the same thing. Are you one of those people that thinks if a woman is otherwise accepting of sex, and is partaking in it but the guy didn't ask for permission to be rape?

Either way, you have already presented a female superior bias that males have to be taught not to commit horrendous acts as if it is in thier nature to do so. That is sick as hell. (In a bad way)

People who have sex with an unconscious woman are sick and deserve jail time, that isn't a normal quality in guys, and if they say that they didn't know, they are playing dumb like all criminals do. So you claiming to be part of a equalist movement have already shown immense bias towards male equality by basically treating males like that were inherently rapist. Above that, you know what that teaches them? It makes them think that they are evil, and crushes thier self esteem, it did mine at first when I was interested in feminism.

And for your insecurity argument. Is that really needed? Calling someone insecure for pointing out reasons they feel emasculated by feminism? The studies about male and female preformances in schools already show what I am talking about. Why is it that we see female success strive up (greatly) and male success shoot down tremendously? by supporting females (as feminism mainly does) it changed the environment in schools to strongly support females much more than males. All we are left with is a school system that punishes male behavior (majority of males).

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The thread is hilarious. Props to those with intelligence, though.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: So you can't support feminism because women want to stop themselves being the large majority of rape victims which is carried out mostly by males. Okay, I see this conversation is going nowhere. Go educate yourself a little.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: TBH I don't even care to debate you anymore. Your views are so naive and entrenched with ignorance, this conversation is done.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

It's masculism.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: feminism is an equality movement the fights for men's and woman's rights while understanding that woman aren't equal and get preferance.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: well, you are the one calling men rapist.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: women aren't equal in certain societies, but they are equal in America and places in Europe.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: then you kinda just dismissed your argument

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pyrogram
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pyrogram
@cable_extreme said:

@nipower888: women aren't equal in certain societies, but they are equal in America and places in Europe.

Dumb BS.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well let's be honest, watching a troll against a feminazi is better than anything on TV right now