Is America just a bully?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is America just a bully? (67 votes)

Yes 49%
No 51%

Is The United States an overgrown bully?

• 
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Goto college, grow a beard, smoke a bunch of weed, and then the answer will be clear

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goto college, grow a beard, smoke a bunch of weed, and then the answer will be clear

But I finished college ages ago,mate :p

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off, America is not just the U.S.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't like America get out

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cable_Extreme
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By modernww2fare
Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

Ohh snap, a patriot has arrived.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

I'm from the UK lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:
@rpgesus said:

I'm from the UK lol

"Blasted colonists!"

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No, there are a lot of sadistic people out there just like the one in the image.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well, i am from the country that god bombed the shit out because we were killing terrorists and NATO and the US didnt think that was humane. Now those terrorists are killing people in Macedonia so we dont have to care about them anymore... Long story short., YES but not only US, NATO, EU, and Mother Russia are all bullies. That is how it works

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#17  Edited By black_wreath

Yes!

Americans always make fun of my accent!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

America bullies itself by allowing crazy Christian's to exist.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: America is great because of the freedom it allows its citizens. Are you truly suggesting suppressing people's religious views?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not America, it's the corperations using their government ties to start wars for a profit

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: "Freedom" yeah. LOL Tell that to all the people religion in America oppresses, shames, and ultimately controls their lives.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram: it is freedom, I grew up in South Texas and was raised by what most (including me) would call crazy christians. My family is the YEC type that go to church 3 times a week. They do that because they choose to, because people in general have the freedom to express their religious view. This same protection protects me as an atheist, to be free and believe or not believe what I wish. I chose my path, and people being able to choose their own path is what makes America great.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pyrogram
@cable_extreme said:

@pyrogram: it is freedom, I grew up in South Texas and was raised by what most (including me) would call crazy christians. My family is the YEC type that go to church 3 times a week. They do that because they choose to, because people in general have the freedom to express their religious view. This same protection protects me as an atheist, to be free and believe or no believe what I wish. I chose my path, and people being able to choose their own path is what makes America great.

Apart from that's not what happens. And you're a male, it's easier for you to choose your path. Try being a female in a highly religious area of America, and saying you can distance yourself from religious without being cast out by everyone who supposedly loves you.

I'm bias, I'm anti-religious. I'll admit that. But objectively it's naive to believe that America is the land of the free anymore. Come on, your biggest issue is Gay Marriage for Christ sake. People can't even marry who they want because of religion.

I don't want to turn this into an Anti-religious thread, I don't believe America is bad through and through like some. I simply think religion ruins the USA and the country would be better off without it.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DBVSE7

Religion doesn't ruin anything.. people do. Religious person could say the same thing about homosexuals and the thread would blow up and probably get locked. Say it about religion, and no one goes crazy. (Or will but won't get locked)

It's about to be a religion thread. As soon as you type Christian or anything that has to do with religion it's pretty much a done deal.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram: I disgaree, people can marry who they want, there are states that currently allow it to be. What you are suggesting is that you are intolerant of people's choice to vote how they wish. In America, the majority vote wins. What you suggest is to deny people's ability to vote which leads to a dictatorship. Not everyone believes as you do, so whether or not you agree with them, what truly makes your position better?

I know plenty of female atheist who were in the same position as me.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30 Straight-Fire  Online

@pyrogram:

I simply think religion ruins the USA and the country would be better off without it

Ouchie!

Yours truly, Frosty

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pyrogram

@dbvse7: @cable_extreme: @dboyrules2011: I won't continue, it's a perpetual cycle of defending religion with "But I escaped the oppression" or some rubbish and forgetting all those who can't. And anyways, debating religion on CV is pointless, it's been done 100000000 times.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: "for all those who can't", they can, just don't want to. I know I waited until after college to inform my family (who did disown me). But the freedom is there, people's choice to hold their own beliefs are there as well. You are mistaking people's tolerance of your views as freedom, but true freedom is freedom to be tolerant or intolerant of people's views.

Anyways, if you don't wish to continue, very well.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Silly foreigners, mad because the U.S.A. sh!ts of their pathetic country. :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Not everyone in the world was born with the luxury to be who they want. Some people can't escape, stop being ignorant.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram: you say that based on what? How do you know that people (in America) aren't free to choose thier own path? I did so and lost my family, but the path was still there to choose. And it was their freedom to react as they did.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pyrogram

@dccomicsrule2011: I visited the U.S.A in January (Florida) and I gotta say, I did like how cheap two things in particular are there (gas, food) compared to the UK xD

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: Based on someone I love who spent most of her adult life in chronic pain due to having an illness, and hiding her sexuality/views and feeling ashamed of her own body until she was 25, all because of her religious upbringing. She needed her family for support for health reasons, she couldn't leave. Not everyone has the luxury you've been afforded.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: but that same situation happens in the UK,

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Nowhere near to the same degree, like, not even comparable. And in the UK our welfare system would have meant her illness would have been far easier to treat, we have the NHS, and a better benefit system. She wouldn't have been so vulnerable.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Straight-Fire  Online

@pyrogram: I wasn't defending religion per se. I stop believing it a few years ago, was just surprised about what you said. >_o

Yours truly, Frosty

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: I can't lie, I have extreme views in regards to religion. So.... :P

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: you are basing your position on a single instance (as am I). However, she still had the freedom to choose her path and there would be NO retaliation from the American government. Her feeling ashamed is her choice, as is the choice of her parents to raise her as they wish. She apparently made her choice and got on her path in early adulthood which only proves that the choice, the freedom was there.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dum529001

Why do some people want to say how good the USA is without mentioning the bad stuff? Part of America's problem is trying to cover things up when something bad happens. I'm not saying other countries don't do it, I'm just saying its a problem for USA since that is the country we are discussing at the moment.

The United States of America has good things but there is also a lot of bad stuff about it. And the bad stuff is not small stuff either so it should not come as a surprise when someone calls the USA an overgrown bully.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Feeling ashamed is her choice? Whoa. Okay, how old are you? Do you have much exposure to what shaming is and how it affects people irrationally?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Straight-Fire  Online

@pyrogram: I think I'm well aware of that, mate lol. =)

Yours truly, Frosty

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:
@cable_extreme said:

@pyrogram: it is freedom, I grew up in South Texas and was raised by what most (including me) would call crazy christians. My family is the YEC type that go to church 3 times a week. They do that because they choose to, because people in general have the freedom to express their religious view. This same protection protects me as an atheist, to be free and believe or no believe what I wish. I chose my path, and people being able to choose their own path is what makes America great.

Apart from that's not what happens. And you're a male, it's easier for you to choose your path. Try being a female in a highly religious area of America, and saying you can distance yourself from religious without being cast out by everyone who supposedly loves you.

I'm bias, I'm anti-religious. I'll admit that. But objectively it's naive to believe that America is the land of the free anymore. Come on, your biggest issue is Gay Marriage for Christ sake. People can't even marry who they want because of religion.

I don't want to turn this into an Anti-religious thread, I don't believe America is bad through and through like some. I simply think religion ruins the USA and the country would be better off without it.

Really?? Women in western society are are most privileged beings in existence at this point.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any country with power becomes a "bully", America is just the most powerful

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pyrogram: she felt ashame of herself because if her views. It was her choice to believe in whatever she wanted, and her beliefs affected her views. Even more proof that she has freedom to choose for herself is that you know about her feelings, she has apparently stepped on her own path (since she shared with you and doesn't feel ashamed anymore) which is her freedom to do so. The proof that people are free to choose for themselves is even extreamly evident in the case you mentioned because my main point is currently in effect.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Look up what the word indoctrination means, it isn't choice.