Posted by MonsterStomp (15867 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Is a "nut shot" a "cheap shot" in fights? (37 votes)

Yes, it's a mans most vulnerable body part of course it's cheap. 19%
No, the goal is to end the fight as fast as possible, why drag it out and flip the odds. 81%

If you witnessed an unorganised street fight and see someone go down via nut shot, would you consider this a cheap/weak/pathetic move from the victor?

Why?

#1 Edited by russellmania77 (14569 posts) - - Show Bio

No. In a fight anything is legal, you don't know if this person is trying to hurt you or kill you

#2 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's a sanctioned fight of any kind yes it's a real sign of weakness.

However if you get attacked by someone and you're in danger it's completely reasonable.

#3 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

In organized sports it is. Street fighting, not so much.

#4 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

In organized sports it is. Street fighting, not so much.

#5 Posted by MonsterStomp (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Would it be different if the fight was organised but no rules were set?

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (14569 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: aw yes much different n then I would call it a cheep shot lol

#7 Edited by MonsterStomp (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Yea I only ask because my younger brother got into a school fight. I saw it on camera. The opponent he was facing caught him off guard and my brother nicked him right in the nuts. People started booing and calling him cheap as such. I just thought it was right. I would have done the same.

#8 Posted by Juiceboks (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

In a street fight when someone is being attacked, anything goes. In an organized fight, most definitely.

#9 Posted by MonsterStomp (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

In a street fight when someone is being attacked, anything goes. In an organized fight, most definitely.

Would it be cheap if the attacker who started it came prepared with knuckle dusters/busters? (or whatever people call them).

#10 Posted by russellmania77 (14569 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: oh, we'll I mean it depends in those kind of fights, once I seen a fight, one guy falls, the other guy waits for him to get up and I seen another fight where one guy got knocked out and the other guy still unleashed on him while unconscious

#11 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

If I am on my back and some fanatic is bayonetting down, yeah, I'm sac-tapping. Sorry, but I am going home to my wife.

#12 Edited by _Hawk_ (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it depends on the fight..... If I'm fighting for my life, I'm most likely going to shot the person, so nuts....yeah.

#13 Edited by Juiceboks (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

Would it be cheap if the attacker who started it came prepared with knuckle dusters/busters? (or whatever people call them).

Hell no it wouldnt. Those things are prohibited for a reason(at least where I live). You're pretty much asking to get kicked in the balls if you take out brass knuckles for a fight.

#14 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a cheap shot but its hilarious so its an ok cheap shot as long as you're not the kickee

#15 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

As others have said.

If it's an organized fight, or a brawl with buddies and you kick someone in the nuts... Yeah, that's pretty damn cheap. Especially it's the one place where you know it's going to take someone down.

If it's out of defense against some stranger? Sure. If you need to.

However, I voted yes for the most part.

#16 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

You can 1 shot random people with that ancient attack.

And nothing else matters.

#17 Posted by mikethekiller (8310 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's a sanctioned fight of any kind yes it's a real sign of weakness.

However if you get attacked by someone and you're in danger it's completely reasonable.

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92548 posts) - - Show Bio

No such thing as a 'cheap shot' in an unorganized street fight. You do whatever the fck you have to do.

#19 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the opposite of a sack tap?

#20 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn: I don't know if I can say it. I know the term, but hell.

C*nt Punt, probably.

#21 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@glitch_spawn:

I don't know if I can say it. I know the term, but hell.

C*nt Punt, probably.

Cookie for our big winner!

#22 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

If you started the fight, yes.

If you didn't start it, nope.

#23 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn: Woo, cookies.

It almost happened to Hope. She got lucky. REAL lucky.

#24 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

First thing i'd go for is a kick in the crotch. Why risk getting hurt yourself when you can end the fight quickly?

#26 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

omg -- I am dying of laughter from this thread. Just the terms used alone...I think there should be one for Elektra somewhere too....

@mercy_ said:

No such thing as a 'cheap shot' in an unorganized street fight. You do whatever the fck you have to do.

This pretty much, though.

#28 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Jezer (3082 posts) - - Show Bio

If its a street fight, with actual serious danger, anything goes.

If its a school fight, likely to be broken up by teachers and egged on by an audience of people you know and will see afterwards, yeah.

Unless you're fighting for your life(which some school fights may be. However, a school fight is in a more controlled environment where it will be broken at some point. A street fight has no guarantees and alot more could happen) fight with a bit of honor and dignitiy, eh?

Unless by caught off guard, you mean that your brother was sucker punched. In which case, cheapness justifies cheapness.

#31 Edited by JediXMan (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

A tournament fight is not the same as a street fight. In a tournament, there are rules and regulations; breaking those rules says that you're not good enough to win following the same rules that other people are subjected to. In a real fight, anything goes; no rules. Just end the fight as quickly as possible.

Fun bit of trivia: most martial arts tournaments penalize groin shots. In competitive fencing, it is completely acceptable in a tournament, because the groin is valid target in two out of all three weapons. Let me emphasize: if you are in a tournament, hitting guys in the groin with metal sticks is okay.

#32 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

it's both. it is a paradox.

#33 Edited by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

if anybody is trying to kick my as s they should definitely expect me to kick theirs anyway i can. a fight is a fight and there is no way anybody is going to harm me if i can help it.

cheap or not, i'm not the one in pain.

#34 Edited by SC (12698 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. Unorganized fights unlike organized fights which implies some planning and preparation and rules can and depending on what you mean by fight, usually is unfair in some way because of lack of detail aforementioned in organized fights. Its still relative though and there is a difference between organized and officially sanctioned by an accountable third party that sets official rules and regulations. You can have organized street fights that aren't official or legal. Mob mentality isn't exactly the best way to define fairness though. I am personally an advocate of self defense when necessary and also restraint when applicable. Cheap shot to me means unfair shot, so there is nothing unfair about an innocent people being attacked by an aggressive violent person looking to hurt them defending themselves by delving a well timed kick to the "Cyclopses" but I guess if your in a situation where you have a small scared confused unmedicated unarmed 12 year old starting a fight with an older, bigger, stronger, faster, tougher, experienced person with martial arts training and finesse and skill, then there are plenty of alternatives for that person to employ than a kick to the "Mjolnir's" and yeah you might end up making that child unable to have children and thats a pretty hefty punishment and possibly not warranted given the aforementioned context I established. So depends.

#35 Posted by MonsterStomp (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

Unless by caught off guard, you mean that your brother was sucker punched. In which case, cheapness justifies cheapness.

Well from the video I saw, my brother was just getting out of the toilet block when he was push into the wall and punched in the face. He then put his hands up, went down (which I assume is when he nut shotted his attacker) and the attacker went down... If that makes sense. Then bystanders were booing him and calling it cheap. I think the word is going around Facebook too (from what I've heard, I don't have FB). Didn't look like my brother was prepared since he took off pretty fast after he ended it.

#36 Posted by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio

If it isn't sanctioned, go for it.

#37 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Soft things are meant to be punched

let your enemies tell their mistakes to their adopted children

#38 Posted by Jezer (3082 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

Well from the video I saw, my brother was just getting out of the toilet block when he was push into the wall and punched in the face. He then put his hands up, went down (which I assume is when he nut shotted his attacker) and the attacker went down... If that makes sense. Then bystanders were booing him and calling it cheap. I think the word is going around Facebook too (from what I've heard, I don't have FB). Didn't look like my brother was prepared since he took off pretty fast after he ended it.

Woah, this guy attacked him right after he finished using the bathroom and was going to wash his hands? Then he deserves a hit to the nuts.

Also, it's extremely retarded for someone to attack someone before they wash their hands. Unless you're purposely looking for AIDS.(not saying your bro has AIDS...but still you don't want pee in your wounds or on your face)

#39 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17574 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. If its an organized fight and there are rules already stated and obviously it is.

In a random street fight/attack. No nothing is a cheap shot. If I ever got attacked Id do whatever I could to get out of it and if that means hitting the person attacking me in between the legs then so be it.

#40 Posted by GodOfMischief (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends how serious the fight is.

#41 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10273 posts) - - Show Bio

If some dude is wailing on me and I can't overcome him.pff He getting hit in the nuts, cheap or not I'm standind up and he on the ground and in a street fight that all there is to it.

#42 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

It all depends.

#44 Edited by MonsterStomp (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@monsterstomp said:

@jezer said:

Woah, this guy attacked him right after he finished using the bathroom and was going to wash his hands? Then he deserves a hit to the nuts.

Also, it's extremely retarded for someone to attack someone before they wash their hands. Unless you're purposely looking for AIDS.(not saying your bro has AIDS...but still you don't want pee in your wounds or on your face)

Na he didn't just get out of the cubical or the urinal, he got out of the toilet block, so I guess he washed his hands. But yeah, I was shocked that it happened and glad that he ended the fight as quick as he did. The attacker was a huge Samoan fella.

#45 Posted by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends, if it's an evenly matched fight and both are able bodied then I'd say yes it is a cheap shot.

However, if it's obvious that one person outmatches the other then I wouldn't rule out dinger checks as an option. (I.E. Me vs Bone Jones, I'm going straight for the ding ding).

#46 Edited by Jezer (3082 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@jezer said:

@monsterstomp said:

@jezer said:

Na he didn't just get out of the cubical or the urinal, he got out of the toilet block, so I guess he washed his hands. But yeah, I was shocked that it happened and glad that he ended the fight as quick as he did. The attacker was a huge Samoan fella.

Ah okay. I was confused because I don't think we use the phrase "toilet block" in the US.

What country do you live in? Since you said he was attack by a Samoan, I'm gonna guess... Australia.

#47 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

bullets bounce off my junk so no worrys

#48 Posted by MonsterStomp (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@monsterstomp said:

@jezer said:

@monsterstomp said:

@jezer said:

Ah okay. I was confused because I don't think we use the phrase "toilet block" in the US.

What country do you live in? Since you said he was attack by a Samoan, I'm gonna guess... Australia.

Yeah I didn't know what else to call it.

And yes, I live in Australia.