Round 2. Morals

Round 3. Real Life versions.

#2 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce lee, or maybe a stalemate

#3 Posted by JediXMan (31330 posts) - - Show Bio

Ip Man.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about 1 or 2 but Bruce takes Ip Man down in real life.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (31330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

In their prime? No. Ip Man was well past his prime when he trained Bruce Lee, and he could still fight.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5697 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Bruce the student against Ip Man the teacher.
Winner: Ip Man

Round 2: Bruce with Jeet Kun Do against Ip Man with Wing Chun.
Winner: Bruce Lee.

#7 Posted by Trinity00 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Round 1: Bruce the student against Ip Man the teacher. Winner: Ip Man Round 2: Bruce with Jeet Kun Do against Ip Man with Wing Chun. Winner: Bruce Lee.

I think IP man can beat him with morals on.

#8 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

In their prime? No. Ip Man was well past his prime when he trained Bruce Lee, and he could still fight.

Not sure how that shows Ip to be better than Bruce. I'm sure if Bruce lived to be 60, which is around the age Ip met Bruce, Bruce would still be able to train & fight better than most of his students too.

Bruce won more titles, trained more champions, spent more time studying and perfecting his body and revolutionalized the art of fighting more than Ip did. Bruce just has more feats.

#9 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Ip Man.

#10 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one, in their prime I think IP man would win, but it would be a really good fight.

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26988 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Ip Man.

#12 Posted by Trinity00 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#13 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19327 posts) - - Show Bio

Ip man all rounds

#14 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

IP man

#15 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you guys saying Ip Man would beat Bruce in real life? If so based on what? Movie version of Ip Man is not really how Ip Man was in real life and I doubt Ip Man was as buff as Donnie Yen or Bruce.

#16 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10711 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: Have you ever practiced wing chun? Cause I have. And it's has nothing! to do with being buff at all. My old Sifu took down a dude twice his size in class. The style was created by a nuns to fight soldiers and it worked very well. Think about that.
#17 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: Have you ever practiced wing chun? Cause I have. And it's has nothing! to do with being buff at all. My old Sifu took down a dude twice his size in class. The style was created by a nuns to fight soldiers and it worked very well. Think about that.

It's not a fight between a 300lb WWE wrestler vs Ip Man, this is against Bruce Lee who did practiced Wing Chun.

#18 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10711 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: You're right its a fight between the master of wing chun and the creator of JKD. Now why would you mention how Buff IP man is or is not and then try to negate my question?
#19 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: When you have 2 people of equal or similar skills in a fight, physical attributes is what can sway the outcome. A 5' women that knows what she is doing can take down a man that is 7' if he can't fight, but if the 7' man can fight, it's not so easy anymore.

But my whole point was that we know what Bruce was capable of. We know how fast, strong, skilled & dedicated to perfecting his mind & body but can the same be said about ip? There's not much recorded about what he did other then he was a master of wing chun and that's it.

Where are the feats for Ip & how does that stack up to Bruce?

#20 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10711 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers:

I understand what you're saying. What I'm saying is that I believe Ip Man would win based on the fact that he'd had experience on Bruce. Being the master, that said you mentioning feats and then saying Bruce wins negates it self, If we don't know if IP Man can beat Bruce based on lack of feats how can we know if he would lose to Bruce either? Has he lost to anyone of Bruce's build or skill level before?
#21 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. No Morals -Bruce Lee. His Jeet Kune Do has got no morals. Just strike the easiest way with maximum damage.

Round 2. Morals -Still Bruce Lee. Ip Man is more of a pacifist than his student. He is even less hostile to other disciplines.

Round 3. Real Life versions. -Again. Bruce Lee. Ip Man is a master of a refined version of Wing Chun that deviated from the traditional style. He incorporated multiple styles including some Japanese ones to improve his version of Wing Chun. Bruce Lee, on the other hand, took this some steps further. First, with his Jun Fan Kung Fu, he applied strength into the speed-centric "Ip-Man Wing Chun". Then he cross-trained with more styles to create Jeet Kune Do. Not to mention he obsessed in reaching the peak of human conditioning.