• 140 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by pooty (11062 posts) - - Show Bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States#Census_Bureau_statistics

1)According to the website black men married white women TWICE as much as black women married white men.

2) Black men/ White Women marriages are TWICE as likely to get a divorce then a White man/white woman marriage.

3) White Men/Black Women marriages had a 44% LESS divorce rate then White Men/ White Women.

Why are White Women and Black Men willing to date outside their race but Black Women and White Men are less willing?

Why do Black Men/ White Women marriages have Twice the divorce rate of White Men/Black Women?

Why do White Men/Black Women marriages stay together 44% more then White Men/White Women?

#2 Posted by mikethekiller (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

What about all the other interracial relationships out there?

#3 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause black guys are inherently cooler so girls are more willing to get involved with them quicker.

White guys aren't cool, so if a black woman marries one you can count on it not being purely for physical attraction.

#4 Posted by pooty (11062 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause black guys are inherently cooler so girls are more willing to get involved with them quicker.

White guys aren't cool, so if a black woman marries one you can count on it not being purely for physical attraction.

LOL.....WHAT????!!! LOL

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

If I can recall correctly you didn't approve of interracial couples/marriage.

#6 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause black guys are inherently cooler so girls are more willing to get involved with them quicker.

White guys aren't cool, so if a black woman marries one you can count on it not being purely for physical attraction.

Worst post of the month?

I think so...

@pooty: **on topic** So, are you worried about there not being enough interracial love being spread in all directions? I think it just comes down to what people prefer on a perosnal level. I am a white guy, and I am dating a white woman (we've been together for almost 5 years, living together for 4 1/2), but barring that, I have no problem with the idea of dating a woman from any race, so long as there is a mutual, physical interest that leads into a more intimate intrapersonal pairing.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (24077 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna be brutally honest here so don't hate me.

I'm a black male, I'm 21. Out of all of the black women I have encountered, 99% of them fall into the stereotype cast upon them. That being loud, ignorant (I don't mean stupid, but rather not knowing how to behave in social settings) obnoxious and often times cruel, in other words, ghetto. Now, this isn't the case for all black women, many don't fit this role, but the ones I've encountered for the most part do. I'm not attracted to that, at all. Conversely, the white women that I've been around act a bit more civilized, at least they know what is and isn't appropriate behavior in public.

Now, I'm not generalizing here, but rather giving examples from my own experiences, not all black women are ghetto, and many white women are, but from what I've seen, white women's behavior is much more appealing.

#8 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

We're humans. There is no "interracial" anything. Stop making a big deal out of who someone of whatever ethnicity or nationality dates someone.

But otherwise:

I'm a black male, I'm 21. Out of all of the black women I have encountered, 99% of them fall into the stereotype cast upon them. That being loud, ignorant (I don't mean stupid, but rather not knowing how to behave in social settings) obnoxious and often times cruel, in other words, ghetto. Now, this isn't the case for all black women, many don't fit this role, but the ones I've encountered for the most part do. I'm not attracted to that, at all. Conversely, the white women that I've been around act a bit more civilized, at least they know what is and isn't appropriate behavior in public. Now, I'm not generalizing here, but rather giving examples from my own experiences, not all black women are ghetto, and many white women are, but from what I've seen, white women's behavior is much more appealing.

kind of this. I'm also black, 20 years old, and I show much more attraction toward white females than black females based on patterns of behavior, beliefs, and upbringing. Physically, white females followed by latinas just attract me more than any other ethnicity. Physical attraction: something I can neither choose nor control.

disclaimer/confession: I have a massive weakness (and it pains me to use this terminolgy) for "trashy" white girls. I can't explain it. My friends make the point that I'd catch a "black-acting" white girl before a "white-acting" black girl. I do consider myself specifically attracted to imperfections, the flaws that keep a girl from perfect, so I've assumed that this would be the cause.

#9 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

Moderator
#10 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it comes down to who you are attracted too. I am not attracted to black women simple as that.

#11 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

#12 Edited by mikethekiller (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

I'm gonna be brutally honest here so don't hate me.

I'm a black male, I'm 21. Out of all of the black women I have encountered, 99% of them fall into the stereotype cast upon them. That being loud, ignorant (I don't mean stupid, but rather not knowing how to behave in social settings) obnoxious and often times cruel, in other words, ghetto. Now, this isn't the case for all black women, many don't fit this role, but the ones I've encountered for the most part do. I'm not attracted to that, at all. Conversely, the white women that I've been around act a bit more civilized, at least they know what is and isn't appropriate behavior in public.

Now, I'm not generalizing here, but rather giving examples from my own experiences, not all black women are ghetto, and many white women are, but from what I've seen, white women's behavior is much more appealing.

It sounds like you might hang out around a lot of hood chicks.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24077 posts) - - Show Bio

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

So are Golden Retrievers ;)

#14 Edited by mikethekiller (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is that i'm attracted to women of all ethnicities.

#15 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

As a white guy, I can say with confidence that my most memorable relationships have always been with those of a different ethnicity, or at least a mix of ethnicities.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (24077 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller:

It sounds like you might hang out around a lot of hood chicks.

After 4 years at a public high school...yes, I was confined with them.

#17 Edited by mikethekiller (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller:

It sounds like you might hang out around a lot of hood chicks.

After 4 years at a public high school...yes, I was confined with them.

I can dig it.

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

So are Golden Retrievers ;)

Ouchhh

Moderator
#19 Posted by laflux (15504 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:@knightrise:

I'm black too *waits for cheers*, and actually my first real crush was on an Asian girl, and I continued along those lines for a bit cause I'm hipster yo.

That being said I have been with more white girls on a casual basis than any other group, but that's because I'm studying in an area of the U.K which isn't known for its ethnic diversity. Not that its racist, but that's the north for you :P

As for who I prefer, as of now I don't have a preference skin wise I don't think, its more of facial thing and body composition which does my thing. I can sympathize with the stegman to an extent, as I lived in London for 15 years, in a part where the whole ghetto scene was big and still is. I'm not a "stereotypical" black in many ways, and at the time kinda nerdy (maybe still am), so I was shot down alot :(. But I don't think, its because of how Black girls are, if anything I think its a phase for Black girls who live in inner city areas, and I see my sister going through that phase now, even though she's not in London anymore >.< . But speaking to old friends back in London now, and they have mellowed out.

As for long term, I still have that ultra-romantic viewpoint that we should look past someone's skin color and fall in love with that person. This is of course independent of culture, which is sometimes used interchangeably with race. I'm not saying people from vastly different upbringings can't or should not get married, but just that should be aware of the problems that can arise in communication, how they would want to bring up kids, relationships with extended family etc. Love conquers all so they say >.> <.<, but be smart and think things through.

As for more casual experiences, I'm sorry, I'm saying it, but White Women are alot more easier to pull than Black Women in my experience. Come at me!!!!

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

CLASSIC VANCE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online
#20 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@vance_astro said:

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

CLASSIC VANCE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Moderator
#21 Posted by laflux (15504 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@the_stegman said:

@vance_astro said:

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

So are Golden Retrievers ;)

Ouchhh

Is that Ouchh to the guy who made the original joke, or to Black women as the sequence of phrases could infer that they are worse than dogs?

Anyways what's your opinion on this whole conundrum? As I'm sure your aware, there has been a distinct lack of trolling in this post, so please try to take the time to answer ;)

Online
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

So are Golden Retrievers ;)

I'm not into bestiality...

Moderator
#23 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

White women are friendly and loyal. Sorry Black Women.

Vintage Vance.

Freacking white people.

#25 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:
@thecowman said:

Cause black guys are inherently cooler so girls are more willing to get involved with them quicker.

White guys aren't cool, so if a black woman marries one you can count on it not being purely for physical attraction.

Worst post of the month?

I think so...

Finally, I'm top dog at SOMETHING!! :D

@extremis said:

@thecowman: boy, you sure are stupid.

I try.

#26 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

What about all the other interracial relationships out there?

This!

#27 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Interracial?!?!?! You mean a human and someone of another race?!?!?!?!? Iiiiieeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!

#28 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't unsolved. Patrice O'Neal solved it on his his final album Mr. P.

Moderator
#29 Posted by pooty (11062 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

What about all the other interracial relationships out there?

This!

If you click on the link those stats are there also.

#30 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@mikethekiller said:

What about all the other interracial relationships out there?

This!

If you click on the link those stats are there also.

Yeah, but see you have specified two particular races, when you should have just posted all the races you had info on instead of leaving people a link. To be honest you make yourself sound racist by your post due to the two races you singled out. Your post says interracial relationships yet you have some stats posted between two races, and you expect people to hit the link to see the other stats from races. I think you should take a look at what you've actually done. Do you think you should have said interracial relationships between blacks and whites, and oh, here's a link in my in my post, if you wanna know the stats of other races.

#31 Posted by Ohgawd (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the need to push the rate of interracial relationships even higher? Let people get with whomever they like, there's no need to fill some racial quota of interracial relationships.

#32 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we please stop using "race" to refer to "ethnicity"?

#33 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohgawd said:

Why the need to push the rate of interracial relationships even higher? Let people get with whomever they like, there's no need to fill some racial quota of interracial relationships.

I, agree!

#34 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i like black, white,latinas and asian girls, to me its more about the chemistry than their race. also, its easier to pull white girls than black girls i don't know why that is.

#35 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

white girls are easier to pull than black girls. i've always been told that with black girls you have to have "game" with them.

#36 Edited by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

I eagerly await the day when people see that race is all in the mind. There really is no divider based on a person's race. It's how people feel they must act because of how they are raised and who they are most often around.

Anyone can be ghetto as all hell or sophisticated. It's all in the mindset.

As for interracial relationships, I'm all for them. As long as they are happy with each other.

#37 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

White women are so much more easier. Something about black men that appeals to them. Black women want you to go the extra mile. I actually prefer asians and latinos over black/white women. Obviously there are varying opinions, and it differs with everyone.

#38 Posted by pooty (11062 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: when you should have just posted all the races you had info on instead of leaving people a link.

i was not interested in the other stats at all. didn't even read them. but left a link in case others were

To be honest you make yourself sound racist

I probably am.

you expect people to hit the link to see the other stats from races

don't care if they do.

I think you should take a look at what you've actually done

I did. i'm cool with it.

Do you think you should have said interracial relationships between blacks and whites, and oh, here's a link in my in my post, if you wanna know the stats of other races

No. that title wouldn't fit

If I can recall correctly you didn't approve of interracial couples/marriage.

Yes. but apparently black men are more racist against black women then I am. I can't believe the things i'm hearing black men say about black women.

I'm gonna be brutally honest here so don't hate me.

I'm a black male, I'm 21. Out of all of the black women I have encountered, 99% of them fall into the stereotype cast upon them. That being loud, ignorant (I don't mean stupid, but rather not knowing how to behave in social settings) obnoxious and often times cruel, in other words, ghetto. Now, this isn't the case for all black women, many don't fit this role, but the ones I've encountered for the most part do. I'm not attracted to that, at all. Conversely, the white women that I've been around act a bit more civilized, at least they know what is and isn't appropriate behavior in public.

Now, I'm not generalizing here, but rather giving examples from my own experiences, not all black women are ghetto, and many white women are, but from what I've seen, white women's behavior is much more appealing.

If a white person agrees with what you said does that make me a racist or just brutally honest?

@ohgawd said:

Why the need to push the rate of interracial relationships even higher? Let people get with whomever they like, there's no need to fill some racial quota of interracial relationships.

There is no push. I don't think the OP is encouraging interracial dating.

#39 Edited by Lux_Invictus (154 posts) - - Show Bio

As corny as it sounds "All you need is love."

My first girlfriend was as black as black can be. Her parents were from Kenya and most of her family still remains there. We didn't work out, but I still have the utmost respect and love for her. We are now best friends and help each other out with everything. I am so happy that I got the chance to be with her for as long I did because she taught me a lot about myself. Black, white, brown, yellow.... green-- it really doesn't matter to me.

#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (11560 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause black guys are inherently cooler so girls are more willing to get involved with them quicker.

White guys aren't cool, so if a black woman marries one you can count on it not being purely for physical attraction.

lol

#41 Edited by laflux (15504 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it comes down to who you are attracted too. I am not attracted to black women simple as that.

I don't mean to single you out, but is it simply a case of physical attraction? And would you be willing to forgo that if you met a black girl who had a personalility which was compatible with you?

Online
#42 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep hoping some of the responses on here are jokes, but no -- they aren't, are they?

Just. Wow.

#43 Posted by SithLantern93 (2152 posts) - - Show Bio

Interracial?!?!?! You mean a human and someone of another race?!?!?!?!? Iiiiieeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!

Your remark is invalid.

#44 Edited by laflux (15504 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I keep hoping some of the responses on here are jokes, but no -- they aren't, are they?

Just. Wow.

Look at the post directly below the one you originally made, and I doubt you will be surprised. And what statement has rustled your jimmies so much? Was it me?

*clutches "abandon thread" gif tightly*

Oh and if your not fuming with stone cold rage (hehe get it). Would be interesting to here from a female's perspective (even if they happen to be a rock). Especially, after I was blindsided by Mercy_. And to believe, I was actually nice to her!!!!!!!!!!

Online
#45 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5387 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with IR relationships? You like who you like, who gives a fuq? Living in DC where it's 9-10 to 1 female to male , you can almost take your pick. White, black, Latino ,Asian etc from all walks of life why wouldn't you try your hand? Life's too short don't be a dick.

#46 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

I keep hoping some of the responses on here are jokes, but no -- they aren't, are they?

Just. Wow.

Look at the post directly below the one you originally made, and I doubt you will be surprised. And what statement has rustled your jimmies so much? Was it me?

*clutches "abandon thread" gif tightly*

Oh and if your not fuming with stone cold rage (hehe get it). Would be interesting to here from a female's perspective (even if they happen to be a rock). Especially, after I was blindsided by Mercy_. And to believe, I was actually nice to her!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the post below mine is just as bad as the others not joking but for extremely different reasons. My jimmies are rustle-prone when I come across comments made about "white" women being "easier" and "black" women being obnoxious and requiring "game" in order to attain them.

Shall I put up unsubstantiated percentages and claim the opposite? Nah -- where's the point in that. It's all subjective and clearly debatable. If this thread has become one in which ethnic stereo-types are presented as valid as it relates to women, then I am comfortable considering every post in it as a joke -- hey! Mine included!

Rock out.

#47 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

I keep hoping some of the responses on here are jokes, but no -- they aren't, are they?

Just. Wow.

Look at the post directly below the one you originally made, and I doubt you will be surprised. And what statement has rustled your jimmies so much? Was it me?

*clutches "abandon thread" gif tightly*

Oh and if your not fuming with stone cold rage (hehe get it). Would be interesting to here from a female's perspective (even if they happen to be a rock). Especially, after I was blindsided by Mercy_. And to believe, I was actually nice to her!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the post below mine is just as bad as the others not joking but for extremely different reasons. My jimmies are rustle-prone when I come across comments made about "white" women being "easier" and "black" women being obnoxious and requiring "game" in order to attain them.

Shall I put up unsubstantiated percentages and claim the opposite? Nah -- where's the point in that. It's all subjective and clearly debatable. If this thread has become one in which ethnic stereo-types are presented as valid as it relates to women, then I am comfortable considering every post in it as a joke -- hey! Mine included!

Rock out.

Heh heh my post wasn't a joke but then it wasn't one of the posts you describe as such :)

#48 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

True and not for anything, this might be more an American thing. "Inter-racial" relationships aren't remarkable where I am -- more the norm, at least in my social circle.

#49 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

there's nothing wrong with interracial relationships.

#50 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17916 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

True and not for anything, this might be more an American thing. "Inter-racial" relationships aren't remarkable where I am -- more the norm, at least in my social circle.

Id say its the same where I live guess it may not be the same for everyone though.