@hayden86: I don't.. i think..

Why? is it harder to sleep if you do?

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@dewin50: oh yeah. To much tension in your jaw can make it very difficult to sleep. Google it, i cant explain it that well.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You're probably just hungry.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50:

Get out of bed & do something else for a while, they say if you can't fall asleep in 30 minutes doing something else helps your brain relax. Otherwise you start focusing on your inability to sleep.

Isometric exercises (I think that's the name), work from head to toes- tensing and relaxing each individual muscle group at a time.

Don't use a phone/ tablet, I recently heard something about how backlit screens reset your brains "sleep mode", just have low/no lights in your room.

Or just learn to deal. I was working on 2-4 hours a night for around 4 years, coffee is your friend at work...

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: Whether or not the textbook part was a joke.

It was pretty funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: I actually feel a bit nauseous :(

@ryagan said:

Whatever you do, don't take melatonin. People say you can't become dependent on that stuff, but you actually can. It gets to the point where you can't fall asleep without it.

I don't know what i took but a few months ago my mother gave me one of her sleeping pills so i could fall asleep in time... it ended up with me sleeping for almost 32hours.. no joke! hahaha

I suggest reading a textbook. That usually puts me to sleep. Also limit your use of electronic devices about an hour or so before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate you and make you stay awake longer.

Yeah i was lying here for about 3h without getting anywhere sleep wise :/ i'm actually pretty tired but i can't seem to fall asleep.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ryagan said:

Whatever you do, don't take melatonin. People say you can't become dependent on that stuff, but you actually can. It gets to the point where you can't fall asleep without it. I suggest reading a textbook. That usually puts me to sleep. Also limit your use of electronic devices about an hour or so before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate you and make you stay awake longer.

Sounds like sound advice.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

been there, it will pass

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ryagan: Whether or not the textbook part was a joke.

It was pretty funny.

It actually wasn't a joke. Textbooks aren't very engaging, so they tire you out pretty quickly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50:

Get out of bed & do something else for a while, they say if you can't fall asleep in 30 minutes doing something else helps your brain relax. Otherwise you start focusing on your inability to sleep.

Yeah, i've tired it before: working out, reading a book, take a bath etc. it help me get tired but the falling asleep part is where the magic isn't happening

Isometric exercises (I think that's the name), work from head to toes- tensing and relaxing each individual muscle group at a time.

Don't use a phone/ tablet, I recently heard something about how backlit screens reset your brains "sleep mode", just have low/no lights in your room.

Yeah i'm currently on my macbook with its lowest screen lighting :)

Or just learn to deal. I was working on 2-4 hours a night for around 4 years, coffee is your friend at work...

No Caption Provided

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: Nauseous, eh? Maybe that's preventing you from sleeping.

Sometimes I feel "No, I'm not hungry", but a few minutes later I feel "Sh%t I really am hungry", go to the fridge, eat something, and got back to bed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: hahah I know that feel! I ate quite handily before i went to bed but that's been a while now. I got no snack or bread or anything at home though so i'd have to cook. it's morning in about 2h so hey it'll be time for breakfast :)

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: Lmao, so you haven't slept all night?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: nah man, my class starts at 9 and it's 4 o'clock here right now. It's gonna be hell.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go workout man

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snu-Snu?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Noone301994

Try this:

No Caption Provided

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drink milk

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

@cave_duck said:

@dewin50:

Yeah, i've tired it before: working out, reading a book, take a bath etc. it help me get tired but the falling asleep part is where the magic isn't happening

Yeah i'm currently on my macbook with its lowest screen lighting :)

No Caption Provided

The MacBook will also work against you sleeping, they don't even recommend TV before sleep because of the light. Its something to do with some complicated brain mumbo-jumbo, any light sources in the room need to be background light by staring at a screen you're activating a part of the brain that reminds you to stay awake basically.

Can't really think of anything else to suggest, like I said before I've been there when nothing works just try not to get too focused on it and you'll eventually sleep. Kind of like the "watched pot never boils" cliché...

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ultragreenboy:

I keep telling myself that I've stopped, That I'm done with this mess... But look, it's 5:30 in the morning, & I've ran out of cigarettes. It doesn't matter if I close my eyes, & try to go to sleep. As soon as I relax, here comes everything. My family, my friends, does Amy have food? Did I give them flea medicine?Is the car insurance due? God I wish I was skinny, Maybe he'd love me more... What if he doesn't love me at all, What if he finds someone else to adore? Are the doors locked? Did he take the trash out... Is my grandma okay? && My friends & family.. Who are gone & passed away... Did I call my dad today? Did Bandit go out? What day is it? WHY AM I FREAKING OUT??? Turned over, checked my phone 6:00am is the time I read. Oh boy, another long night tossing & turning in bed. - See more at: http://allpoetry.com/poem/11779572-Insomnia--or-sleeplessness--is-an-individuals-reported-sleeping-d-by-Amby-x-Amore#sthash.qgROzRTH.dpuf

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsomething: http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/e7/14/e71472_4128047.jpg

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: http://www.shinysearch.com/prank/fakegoogle.php

when you get there type in: Comic Vine

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ultragreenboy
itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By itsomething

@ultragreenboy: LAIR LAIR pants full of piss!

do it again, like actually google it on the old outdated search engine.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: are you doing it right or are you trying to rustled my jimmies (in which you will fail)