#1 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone looking forward to the new show on Comedy Central called "Inside Amy Shumer". I've been watching the Jeselnik Offensive, and obviously some say "That's offensive" well eh, the world is cruel so is he, you just learn to laugh at situations instead of dwelling on them. In her promotions Amy would say it will be like the female version of Tosh.0 or ofcourse the Jeselnik Offensive. Honestly she isn't very attractive, and doesn't have the same vibe as them (at all), but most say her old work is pretty well so who knows.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Female comedian...pass

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6213 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69: I think most female comedians say the same thing to you......

#4 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry but there are mabye 10 EXCELLENT female comedians in history, while the rest are just god awful

#5 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

She is genuinely funny.

#6 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

She dated Dolph Ziggler, that is all.

#7 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

First thing that came into my mind when I read the title:

#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy her stand up a good deal, so I'll definitely give it a shot.

Staff
#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

THEN YOU GETS THA PLAY ON WORDS!

Staff
#10 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, i liked her when she first came out on that show with that mike n mike guy

#12 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Her stand-up is on TV right now, mediocre, its kind of observational.

#13 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

HA!

Never heard of this upcoming show but I will be keep a look out for it. Sounds interesting.

#14 Edited by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

@judasnixon said:

sorry but there are mabye 10 EXCELLENT female comedians in history, while the rest are just god awful

*You've watched every female comedian out there do stand up? That's impressive!

*This message is brought to you by sarcasm.

Staff
#15 Posted by Dabee (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

@judasnixon said:

Not true at all, ten is a huge over-estimation. No, I kid. There are plenty of hilarious female comedians, well beyond 10. Maybe you can relate to male comedians more, and their jokes at women's expense, but that doesn't make female comedians any less funny. I'd say it's pretty balanced gender-wise.

The show was a great pilot, by the way. What a way to open a series... Pretty risky if you ask me, I wouldn't be surprised if people turned it off hoping to avoid seeing the poop. There was no poop. I guess it qualifies as a spoiler...

#16 Posted by King Saturn (223825 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Bean Print ?

#17 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Anthony Jesselnik is legitimitely funny and I haven't found a moment of his show not humorous. There's someting about his stoic delivery and non-sequiters that I really like. Amy Shcumer is too obvious

#18 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Debut episode was very good this show allows for a female comic to be edgier and should be commended. Nice to see.

#19 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

Anthony Jesselnik is legitimitely funny and I haven't found a moment of his show not humorous. There's someting about his stoic delivery and non-sequiters that I really like. Amy Shcumer is too obvious

I'm seeing him later this month!

Staff
#21 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@knightrise said:

Thats awesome! I'm jealous

#22 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@knightrise said:

Lucky B*stard! If you talk to him personally you should see what he thinks of Daniel Tosh, I can imagine them either really liking eachother or really hating eachother.

#23 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10349 posts) - - Show Bio

meh it was an alright episode some of the sketches were bit long for my taste but it was an okay first episode.

#24 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
@dh69 said:

Female comedian...pass