Inappropriate comments by Marc-Oliver Frisch (The Beat)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By sethysquare

I find these comments extremely inappropriate for a page set up to actually show and analyse sales data. How could such a website be taken seriously if the writer goes on for months writing inappropriate comments and personal biases like that.

I’m sure these Before Watchmen books by the Friends of Dick Burger will keep selling once they’ve been collected, but boy, these are some depressing sales figures to have screwed someone over for.

Can DC still be taken seriously as a company that screws people over with these kinds of sales figures? Paul Levitz knew what he was doing, I think. This, on the other hand, is just embarrassing.

The Friends of Dick Burger strike again. But I’m pretty sure even Dick Burger would think twice before ripping someone off for these pitiable sales figures. This is truly and deeply embarrassing for a company that aspires to evil and has such a rich and fabled history of screwing people through the eye sockets while they were still looking through them. Way to rest on your Superman laurels, DC Comics.

I find comments like that highly inappropriate.

He has been very bitter about the DC relaunch and every month, the comments has been about how much DC books are not selling and whatever not.

Okay, here we go.

Last month, a complaint was filed about the repetitious nature of my commentary with respect to the steeply declining sales figures of various comic-book titles published by DC Comics. And upon reflection, I have to admit that this complaint was entirely justified. So I discussed this issue with Heidi and the editorial board here at The Beat, and ultimately, we all agreed that, to prevent the same thing from happening again this time, the best and fairest solution to this dilemma is for me to take one jolly good swig of Rothaus Tannenzäpfle, 5.1% abv, one of the finest and most quaffable pilsners in Germany, whenever a DC Universe title drops five percent or more in August. It’ll be entirely objective.

For this purpose, I have procured six bottles of Rothaus Tannenzäpfle, which should hopefully suffice to get me through the Top 300. If it does not, there’s plenty of Talisker to go around, although in that case, I can’t vouch for my ability to finish this column in a proper fashion, so let’s hope it won’t come to that.

All that said: Skol.

Yet he goes on and said this

These numbers make me cry, considering who the artists have been. Issue #11 is by Frazer Irving.

The drop was 3%. Not more than 5%.

Sure, there is bound to be percentage drops, but every single time, there is a 5% drop, he goes on a drink a beer, by the end of the essay, he is completely and utterly drunk therefore making statements like that.

These two titles by people with no interest in money are returnable, so it’s possible I overjuiced their sales by as much as 10%. Still, you’ll notice that their sales are nowhere near as goode as those of the other, previous titles by people with no interest in money, whose sales I may also have overjuiced equally.

Yes he is bashing before watchmen creators.

The Green Lantern title for kids hasn’t found its level, but… no, wait: the Green Lantern title for kids. As opposed to the other Green Lantern titles that DC publishes, you know: the ones with the genocides, the rapes, the beheadings, and all the other things that point to the intellectual and emotional maturity of these Green Lantern comics and the adult human beings that read them.

Did he just insult us readers of green lantern comics?

I find his comments extremely inappropriate and I don't understand why he is still allowed to continue the column.