• 150 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Edited By frozen  Moderator

Often regarded as one of the worst genocides of all time; far more Native Americans died than Jews did in the Holocaust, with some estimates going to 100 million killed. Native Americans were slaughtered and killed by the settlers - their land taken.

It is what it is. An ugly, haunting truth --- but more awareness of this history should be spread.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

May the souls of the dead men find peace.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Many of those deaths occurred due to disease.

But I agree that this is an all-too forgotten genocide.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@logy5000 said:

Many did, undoubtedly; but millions were also slaughtered over time. Disease was also documented to have been purposefully spread through biological warfare.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I remember reading about colonists giving natives blankets infected with yellow fever and smallpox.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Remembrance.*

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F**k Andrew Jackson.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Native Americans were already pretty decimated by disease by the time the settlers came, but yeah, believe whatever you want to believe....

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't have expected this thread to be made by you Frozen

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@cattlebattle said:

Native Americans were already pretty decimated by disease by the time the settlers came, but yeah, believe whatever you want to believe....

I'll believe the truth - the facts. The American Indians were killed by settlers and there are recorded accounts of biological warfare.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I'll believe the truth - the facts. The American Indians were killed by settlers and there are recorded accounts of biological warfare.

Ok, sure. Believe what you want to believe.

The facts are.....well, that the facts are convoluted. There are several books that explore the different accounts of what really happened.....the one thing remains and that is that its usually just hypothesized. However, it is usually pretty backed up that disease and plagues from spanish and french explorers decimated the Native American population before the common depiction of European settlers otherwise known as "Pilgrims" arrived on the east coast.

The plagues and disease weren't even intentional. It was just two cultures meeting and one didn't have an immunity to disease another one had. Sure, there was subsequent war and massacres for land where the colonists killed a lot of the already decimated Native Americans, but its not like the Native American were just standing around saying "peace man", they were actively fighting against the settlers and killing them too. They were just had dwindling numbers.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2edgy.

Beata

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman

@cattlebattle: the Native American were just standing around saying "peace man"

lol dat image

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@cattlebattle: I'll believe facts. It's not a matter of ''wanting to believe'' through one view-point; there is masses of evidence - it is a documented fact that the Native Americans were killed. Disease did kill many - however it was also accounted that disease was intentionally spread. Lord Jeffrey, a commanding general of British forces in North America was documented to have secretly advocated purposefully spreading disease:

... Lord Jeffrey Amherst, the British commander-in-chief for America, believed ... that the best way to control Indians was through a system of strict regulations and punishment when necessary, not "bribery," as he called the granting of provisions

Here is a letter Jeffrey sent:

I will try to inoculate the Indians by means of Blankets that may fall in their hands, taking care however not to get the disease myself. As it is pity to oppose good men against them, I wish we could make use of the Spaniard's Method, and hunt them with English Dogs. Supported by Rangers, and some Light Horse, who would I think effectively extirpate or remove that Vermine.

The killing of the Native Americans wasn't really the Native Americans' fault. The indigenous people of America were not standing in peace because they were actively retaliating if all else failed. A major reason why Native Americans retaliated and killing settlers was because the settlers / Government was attempting to take their land, even after repeated (failed) bribes.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frozen  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Europeans slaughtered us and enslaved us and took our land!

Just like we did to each other for generations....

F**k Andrew Jackson.

Jackson, on the other hand, Jackson was just a monster.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RetconCrisis

@racob7 said:

The Europeans slaughtered us and enslaved us and took our land!

Just like we did to each other for generations....

@thatguywithheadphones said:

F**k Andrew Jackson.

Jackson, on the other hand, Jackson was just a monster.

It's sad that both Jackson's public during his administration and most of us today view him as a great expansionist President, the "Common Man"... Sure he had positives but a lot of people overlook negatives.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: you're wrong, but okay. The colonists gave them smallpox.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@frozen: Neither are people who take themselves too seriously :D

Beata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: Adolf Hitler had positives, I've learned a lot from him, that doesn't make him any less of a monster.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@racob7: A comparison between pre-Colombus tribal warfare and colonization is a gross generalization. That's akin to saying that Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs were in conflict before British Rule in India, therefore it's not that different if the British rule India.

The Europeans undoubtedly committed genocide. Prior to European colonization, the Native Americans undertook tribal warfare. The tribal warfare prior to the European colonization was actually very little. Prior to Columbus there was more than one hundred million Native Americans, after the Europeans came it dwindled. Was it a genocide? History points towards that. There are documented accounts which confirm that disease was often (frequently, actually) intentionally spread and encouraged. When the Europeans colonized the land, they carried out a mass genocide, forced them out of their land and ''Christianized'' them.

Adolf Hitler actually praised the efficiency of the Native American genocide.

Loading Video...

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: the Holocaust saw 5 million Gypsys and nearly a million Catholics, Blacks, Gays, Jehovah Witnesses, disabled and Communists killed as well. Don't know how Jews got to monopolize the Holocaust as only their struggle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: the Holocaust saw 5 million Gypsys and nearly a million Catholics, Blacks, Gays, Jehovah Witnesses, disabled and Communists killed as well. Don't know how Jews got to monopolize the Holocaust as only their struggle.

Thank you!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@superguy1591 said:

I agree.

I'm not actually sure why Jews monopolized it as their struggle only, come to think of it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's something I also found off.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: I never said Jackson wasn't a monster. I'm pointing out how much of the America learning public see Jackson as a good president, which honestly saddens me. I was pretty much agreeing with you; I should've made that clearer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: No, I was just making another point to support yours.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RetconCrisis

@racob7 said:

@retconcrisis: No, I was just making another point to support yours.

Alright then we're on the same boat.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@superguy1591: @frozen: That's because Jewish filmmakers make 90% of the films on WWII and the Haluacaust. Therefore they get to retail history how they like.

Freaked up and horrible what happened to the Native America. America was built on wholesale slaughter.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: are you saying native americans are weak?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@logy5000 said:

Many did, undoubtedly; but millions were also slaughtered over time. Disease was also documented to have been purposefully spread through biological warfare.

I remember reading about that.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frozen  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@superguy1591: @frozen: That's because Jewish filmmakers make 90% of the films on WWII and the Haluacaust. Therefore they get to retail history how they like.

Freaked up and horrible what happened to the Native America. America was built on wholesale slaughter.

Well Zionists do own the media. I'm sure they fuel the lopsided Israel bias through News outlets.

@sophia89 said:

The strong beat the weak and took their land,what is new.

Julius Cesar did the same to the gauls.

Lukehero's second point nails it. America was not built on freedom and what-not, that's just the truth.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

If I had a hat on, I'd remove it

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

RIP

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it was outright genocide but yes it is sad

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

We get it, American history is bad. No one should celebrate Thanksgiving ever again.

#whiteguilt

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Just be happy Spain went to the Americas instead of India to meet the real Indians. You would probably not be alive after Spain decimated India.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hint: money. Influence. Political weapon against people who don't like jews. Israel.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're in the wrong all the time, but it doesn't matter what we say about it, only what we do about it, there's no turning back, keep pushing forward.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F**k Andrew Jackson.

We get it, American history is bad. No one should celebrate Thanksgiving ever again.

#whiteguilt

#Whitetears

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#whiteguilt

Basically this, we learned of this in school and are well aware of it, no need to dredge up genocide, the school curriculum will make sure it's never forgotten what our long dead ancestors did to everyone....uneeded thread

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@immortalone said:

#whiteguilt

Basically this, we learned of this in school and are well aware of it, no need to dredge up genocide, the school curriculum will make sure it's never forgotten what our long dead ancestors did to everyone....uneeded thread

The Holocaust has been thoroughly taught by school systems, that doesn't mean we should take the conversation outside of places like that. Not saying that we should always dwell on heinous instances in history like this, but saying that this thread is necessary just because we learned of it elsewhere is pretty faulty.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Alright, let's eat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Actually I think a thread like this is very necessary. Just because you learn something once doesn't mean you don't need to hear about it again.

There is actually stuff in our history books that aren't even mentioned like the Armenian genocide that few people know about.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Those figures are skewed. 80% to 90 % of the Native Americans who died were killed by smallpox and other diseases that Europeans spread inadvertently simply by coming to the United States. (Source) Those numbers also include all Native Americans killed in justified actions. Let's not forget that the Native Americans were not all sunshine and rainbows themselves and murdered a fair amount of Europeans provoking legitimate reciprocal actions.

However, a lot of Europeans and Americans did royally screw over (and by screw over, I do mean kill and steal from) Native Americans, and those actions were reprehensible and should be remembered by all people.

That being said, associating this with Thanksgiving is bad form. Thanksgiving had nothing to do with violence between Pilgrims and Native Americans. In fact, it was a wonderful moment of peace in a world that too often experiences violence from all nations, creeds and colors. Trying to taint Thanksgiving with tragedy is shameful in my book.

@rubear said:

@superguy1591 said:

Hint: money. Influence. Political weapon against people who don't like jews. Israel.

I'm willing to be proved wrong on this one, but the Jews got it worse on this one, right? Also, Catholics hav eway more money than the Jews, so that theory doesn't really hold water.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We just need to kill all white people.

#sarcasm