In need of a bit of support and advice

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

Not sure if any of you care, but I need to get this off my chest.

Over the last couple of weeks i've been having neighbour troubles, my neighbour's dog has been coming into my garden and cr@apping all over the place (it's stopped currently) and I've asked them to pick it up and they didn't, I called my community police officer, who told them to pick it up (which they did after we called him out 3 times).

The reason why they didn't pick it up in the first place is because I wasn't in (I was and they saw me). More recently I overheard one of them say that if a football gets kicked into our garden they'll jump over the gate and take it (without asking), after hearing that I put of cctv and a sign saying I have it up.

Yesterday later a sign was put up in a window saying "Smile your on cctv you sad, sad person." The sign is pointing directly into my sister's bedroom which is worrying her that there could be an actual camera pointing into her room. After calling the CMO(community police officer) earlier today they said they would send someone out to sort the problem that was at 08:35 and it's now 13:19 and nothing.

So I decided to finally knock and ask them to take the sign down and guess what they called me perverted for looking into their child's window. I'll keep you up to date if you guys care :/

Note: what confuses me is the fact that it all started with footballs coming over and me telling their child to be a bit more careful, since then theirs been a horrible atmosphere, I have a fence on top of the dividing wall that blocks all view of the neighbours garden unless looking out of a bedroom.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hahaha only in America.

------

In all seriousness that must be pretty aggravating, i hope it all gets sorted out :)

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: After about 4 hours or so, if local police still have not arrived I would give another call. Also for future food for thought, tape record said conversations between you and your neighbors. Also I would take pictures of where the sign is and the direction it is looking into your sisters bedroom.

Document your evidence so if you ever have a civil dispute between your neighbors, you have proof to validate your side where they might only have their word to argue against you.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: After about 4 hours or so, if local police still have not arrived I would give another call. Also for future food for thought, tape record said conversations between you and your neighbors. Also I would take pictures of where the sign is and the direction it is looking into your sisters bedroom.

Document your evidence so if you ever have a civil dispute between your neighbors, you have proof to validate your side where they might only have their word to argue against you.

I've already gone and done that, i'm just now waiting for the civil war that will break out. Also update he's removed the sign.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:

Hahaha only in America.

------

In all seriousness that must be pretty aggravating, i hope it all gets sorted out :)

Actually this is happening in the uk where I live, and just wish I didn't atm.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cloudguy: Honestly, you sound a bit crotchety. I suppose it's important for some people to be rather private, so I guess the neighbors should respect that. Just go easy on the kids kicking the ball into your yard. Other than that though, I can't comment. It sounds like this confrontation has gone to a really weird place.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@cloudguy: Honestly, you sound a bit crotchety. I suppose it's important for some people to be rather private, so I guess the neighbors should respect that. Just go easy on the kids kicking the ball into your yard. Other than that though, I can't comment. It sounds like this confrontation has gone to a really weird place.

I actually only ever spoke to the kid once lol, then it just went a bit weird from there.

Update: I just got the problem resolved and the neighbour has apologized. :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cloudguy: Oh ok. Lol.

Glad a resolution was reached and you seem to have obtained a sense of normality again. Things definitely got...strange.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cloudguy

@jaken7 said:

@cloudguy: Oh ok. Lol.

Glad a resolution was reached and you seem to have obtained a sense of normality again. Things definitely got...strange.

I'd say.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grab a shotgun and go over to their house. i'm sure they'll stop pretty quickly

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chibi_cute

Burn their house and make it look like an accident..

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@cloudguy said:

@jaken7 said:

I actually only ever spoke to the kid once lol, then it just went a bit weird from there.

Update: I just got the problem resolved and the neighbour has apologized. :)

He only says he is sorry. That is so you let your guard down and he can really twist your screws. Be ready.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol neighbor problems are always awkward. At least it was resolved, but if they continue to not pick up the sh** you need to grab a grocery bag or some gloves, pick it up and nonchalantly drop it in their yard and do so every time it happens, even if they're outside looking right at you, just smile, wave and keep doing it lol

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Get a big dog, and have him in the back yard. Problem solved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know all about bad neighbors.

No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The thing here is you haven't done anything wrong so don't give them a reason to turn the tables. There're trying to push your buttons to force you to do something in response, so that they can call the authorities on you. But just don't give them the chance. Call the community officer again if there is any more trouble.