No prep; Morals off

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nickthedevil

@buttersdaman000: Can you imagine how much Damage Bullseye would be able to do with the Bow from Immortals?!?!?!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Round 1-Thor solos. Easily.

Round 2-Zeus and friends mop the floor with the Asgardians.

Round 3-Thor destroys the battlefield and flies away.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000

Lol just noticed that this in the wrong section....

@Illuminatus:

Why do you say Thor solo's? The gods in Immortals are pretty impressive. Super Speed, Super Strength, Fighting skills and more....

I dont remember much from the Thor movie but I think his most impressive feat was that mini quake he produced....something that could be replicated given the amount of strength Zeus showed

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Illuminatus:

Why do you say Thor solo's? The gods in Immortals are pretty impressive. Super Speed, Super Strength, Fighting skills and more....

I dont remember much from the Thor movie but I think his most impressive feat was that mini quake he produced....something that could be replicated given the amount of strength Zeus showed

Thor's movie feats off the top of my head:

• Using a single thunderbolt that was produced in seconds and smashing his hammer onto the ground, resulting in a massive seismic quake that was collapsing parts of the planet itself and killing countless Jotuns.
  • The few times he was even "hurt", he literally laughed it off and went back to just mopping the floor with anything and anyone that moved.
  • Flew from one end of the battlefield to the other in seconds and killed the massive creature that was about to kill Sif and Co. with one blow.
  • Outraced energy-beams from the Destroyer armor whilst flying.
  • Fast enough to actually hammer away the Destroyer's beams with his hammer.
  • Created a storm powerful to carry the Destroyer armor into the air like a ragdoll and in turn defeat it.
  • Also, he never once even took damage from the Destroyer armor once he regained his powers.
  • He destroyed the bridge that connected the main part of Asgard to the teleportation device with around 5 or 6 repeated blows.
  • Summoned a single lightning bolt while on the ground and took out Loki and all of his copies, which were doubling rapidly.
Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

IMMORTALS

IMMORTALS

IMMORTALS

(Also, Thor and the rest of the Asgardians die in battle without any mercy.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

IMMORTALS

IMMORTALS

IMMORTALS

Oh please. The gods in Immortals had difficulty fighting a few dozen creatures that were seemingly incapable of communicating with one another and hardly had any armor or weapons to begin with. Zeus couldn't even destroy the mountain himself, and struggled to do so when using the golden handles or whatever. Thor stomps them with relative ease whenever he is in the battle.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

Well considering Loki could harm Thor I don't see why the Immortals couldn't..I guess they would take 3 rounds

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@cattlebattle said:

Well considering Loki could harm Thor I don't see why the Immortals couldn't..I guess they would take 3 rounds

He harmed him with Odin's weapon, and Thor was holding back almost the entire fight. As soon as Thor even put a modicum of effort into it, Loki lost horribly, and even attempted to literally stab Thor in the back because he knew he was simply inferior to his brother in a straight fight, even with Odin's spear.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
@Illuminatus said:

@cattlebattle said:

He harmed him with Odin's weapon, and Thor was holding back almost the entire fight. As soon as Thor even put a modicum of effort into it, Loki lost horribly, and even attempted to literally stab Thor in the back because he knew he was simply inferior to his brother in a straight fight, even with Odin's spear.

Well he is up against Zeus and the Olympian elite here, I just recall Thor being a brawler, the Olympians were using God-Fu......I could see Thor getting taken down
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@cattlebattle said:

Well he is up against Zeus and the Olympian elite here

Olympian elite that can't even devise a simple strategy before rushing in there like a bunch of morons. Zeus brought Ares's hammer...and nothing else? He didn't think to bring a secondary weapon? I see two reasons for this:

1. Zeus and his fellow gods are idiots.
  2. The "titans' they were fighting were drastically inferior to the five gods, and pretty much just served as cannon fodder that had to come together with four or five just to even injure one of the Olympians. Therefore, the creatures were not that impressive in hindsight and Zeus knew this all along, rendering all the feats against them nearly moot.

Also, Loki's few landing strikes on Thor barely even elicited a wince from the thunderer, before he finally got back up and kicked Loki's ass out of the teleportation-room. He got shot through a giant wall and appeared later with his armor completely unscathed and no visible signs of lasting injury. 

I just recall Thor being a brawler, the Olympians were using God-Fu......I could see Thor getting taken down
Thor was only acting as an inexperienced brawler when fighting the Jotuns, who he had a personal vendetta against. The entire time he was fighting them and goofing around he was taking them apart by the dozens and eventually by an incalculable number when he brought down a lightning strike. In his fight with the Destroyer, he didn't act brash once and handled it in a few minutes. 
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle
@Illuminatus said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Illuminatus said:

Olympian elite that can't even devise a simple strategy before rushing in there like a bunch of morons. Zeus brought Ares's hammer...and nothing else? He didn't think to bring a secondary weapon? I see two reasons for this:

2. The "titans' they were fighting were drastically inferior to the five gods, and pretty much just served as cannon fodder that had to come together with four or five just to even injure one of the Olympians. Therefore, the creatures were not that impressive in hindsight and Zeus knew this all along, rendering all the feats against them nearly moot.

Also, Loki's few landing strikes on Thor barely even elicited a wince from the thunderer, before he finally got back up and kicked Loki's ass out of the teleportation-room. He got shot through a giant wall and appeared later with his armor completely unscathed and no visible signs of lasting injury.

Well Zeus and his gods are idiots, thats another story though. The Titans could move inhumanly so I wouldn't totally dismiss the Immortals getting overwhelmed and killed. The problem with judging Thor in any battle, not just this one is his severe lack of feats, he had a couple of battles against less powerful opponents. He wasn't completely unstoppable though, he could be batted around and hurt.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buttersdaman000

@Illuminatus said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Illuminatus:

Thor's movie feats off the top of my head:

• Using a single thunderbolt that was produced in seconds and smashing his hammer onto the ground, resulting in a massive seismic quake that was collapsing parts of the planet itself and killing countless Jotuns.
  • The few times he was even "hurt", he literally laughed it off and went back to just mopping the floor with anything and anyone that moved.
  • Flew from one end of the battlefield to the other in seconds and killed the massive creature that was about to kill Sif and Co. with one blow.
  • Outraced energy-beams from the Destroyer armor whilst flying.
  • Fast enough to actually hammer away the Destroyer's beams with his hammer.
  • Created a storm powerful to carry the Destroyer armor into the air like a ragdoll and in turn defeat it.
  • Also, he never once even took damage from the Destroyer armor once he regained his powers.
  • He destroyed the bridge that connected the main part of Asgard to the teleportation device with around 5 or 6 repeated blows.
  • Summoned a single lightning bolt while on the ground and took out Loki and all of his copies, which were doubling rapidly.

It seems like youre over exxagerating his feats.....

- He caused a mini earthquake on a surface that I could easily argue to be unstable

- We dont even know how far he flew...I dont remember it being that great of a distance anyways and all he did was bullrush through it. I doubt he could do that to beings with super speed.

- The Destroyer was lame and a lot weaker than his comic counterpart....

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@cattlebattle said:
@Illuminatus said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Illuminatus said:

Well Zeus and his gods are idiots, thats another story though. The Titans could move inhumanly so I wouldn't totally dismiss the Immortals getting overwhelmed and killed. The problem with judging Thor in any battle, not just this one is his severe lack of feats, he had a couple of battles against less powerful opponents. He wasn't completely unstoppable though, he could be batted around and hurt.
They didn't move at an exceptional rate. Stephen Dorf's character was able to take out atleast one with the bow, and the camera angle that was supposed to be from Theseus's viewpoint showed us that they were running slightly faster than a human sprinting, whereas Ares moved so fast that he killed a dozen or so men before one could even bring a sword down.  

And again, he was only hurt when he wasn't trying, and it wasn't injuries that he showed any real pain from.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By buttersdaman000

@Illuminatus:

Zeus may not have completely brought own the mountain by himself but he showed a vast degree of Super Strength that at least puts him Thor's league. The other gods most likely have the same degree of super strength.

Then, the gods all have a degree of super speed that makes humans look like they are moving in slow motion

Combine that with their Kung-Fu.......

This definitely isnt an easy fight for Thor

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@buttersdaman000 said:

It seems like youre over exxagerating his feats.....

No, not really.  

- He caused a mini earthquake on a surface that I could easily argue to be unstable

- We dont even know how far he flew...I dont remember it being that great of a distance anyways and all he did was bullrush through it. I doubt he could do that to beings with super speed.

- The Destroyer was lame and a lot weaker than his comic counterpart....

1. Okay, and what exactly would you base that argument on? The fact that it was ice? It's otherworldly ice that was most likely inherently magic. 

2. It was a pretty expansive distance, seeing as the creature was running fast enough to outrace the traveling wave of destruction and actually be there waiting for Sif and Co. 

3. That's completely and totally subjective.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
@Illuminatus said:

@cattlebattle said:

They didn't move at an exceptional rate. Stephen Dorf's character was able to take out atleast one with the bow, and the camera angle that was supposed to be from Theseus's viewpoint showed us that they were running slightly faster than a human sprinting, whereas Ares moved so fast that he killed a dozen or so men before one could even bring a sword down.   And again, he was only hurt when he wasn't trying, and it wasn't injuries that he showed any real pain from.
Well, In my defense, I haven't seen either of these movies in a long while upon watching this fight again I realize your right. I seem to remember the titans being more super human, I forgot the Gods were played down to be more realistic......Thor would probably wipe these guys out with a Norse Wind

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@buttersdaman000 said:

Zeus may not have completely brought own the mountain by himself but he showed a vast degree of Super Strength that at least puts him Thor's league.

A mountain that was almost entirely hollowed out? I really don't think that's a clear sign that he is in the same class as Thor. 

The other gods most likely have the same degree of super strength.

I doubt it. But, in your opinion, what did any of them do that would be indicative of super-strength anywhere near the head of their pantheon, Zeus? 

Combine that with their Kung-Fu.......

Despite the fact that none of them were using a fighting style that remotely resembles that of kung-fu, I fail to see how that will aid them in a fight against a guy who can cause entire battlefields and more to collapse, control the weather to an impressive degree, and remain mobile while flying, instead of just beaming from Olympus to Earth and back like a comet.  
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@cattlebattle said:
@Illuminatus said:

@cattlebattle said:

They didn't move at an exceptional rate. Stephen Dorf's character was able to take out atleast one with the bow, and the camera angle that was supposed to be from Theseus's viewpoint showed us that they were running slightly faster than a human sprinting, whereas Ares moved so fast that he killed a dozen or so men before one could even bring a sword down.   And again, he was only hurt when he wasn't trying, and it wasn't injuries that he showed any real pain from.
Well, In my defense, I haven't seen either of these movies in a long while upon watching this fight again I realize your right. I seem to remember the titans being more super human, I forgot the Gods were played down to be more realistic......Thor would probably wipe these guys out with a Norse Wind

No worries. I have Thor on Amazon-Instant and I watched Immortals with my sister over the weekend (she had never seen it before), so both films are fresh in my mind.  

I think that the gods from Immortals would easily decimate Loki, Sif, Fandral, Hogan, Heimdall, etc etc, but Thor is something entirely different from all of them and just has a far more diverse power-set in his film.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buttersdaman000

@Illuminatus:

What are you basing that on? I simply disagreed with the size of the earthquake that Thor caused, the that you apparently think was a lot bigger than it was. And yes it is because its ice.

We still have no way of determining how far he flew, so my assumption is just as good as yours

The lame part is, but not about it being weaker. He clearly was.

Like that lowers the feat? He showed Super Strength enough to bring down a mountain.

The other Gods showed some degree of Super strength. There is no clear indication that they have it on the same level as Zeus, but Poseidon did cause that huge Tidal wave. Also, it seemed like they did keep the gods close to thier original sources, and going by that, Hercules is the strongest god and Poseidon is equal to Zeus.

So......? And like Thor would really fight like that? Morals are off, he's going to fight like he did against the frost giants

I just dont think Thor would stomp them like your implying.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@buttersdaman000 said:

@Illuminatus:

What are you basing that on? I simply disagreed with the size of the earthquake that Thor caused, the that you apparently think was a lot bigger than it was. And yes it is because its ice.

Compelling argument. Let's not forget the camera shots showing that there were multiple layers of that ice that were crumbling and plenty of Jotuns running around between those layers. Most likely, they built supports to keep the ice from doing just that.  

We still have no way of determining how far he flew, so my assumption is just as good as yours

Here's the point: He flew a greater distance at a far faster speed than any of the Olympians ever did in their film. 

The lame part is, but not about it being weaker. He clearly was.

What's your point? Both versions of the Destroyer would slaughter the Olympians, seeing as Asgardian weapons and explosions had almost zero-effect on the armor and Thor was forced to overload it with it's own energy, something the Olympians would be incapable of doing.  

Like that lowers the feat? He showed Super Strength enough to bring down a mountain.

Yes, it lowers his feat. A mountain that is thoroughly hollowed out and held in place by support-statues is detrimental to the feat in every conceivable way. Also, those handles were there in the first place because Zeus or whoever must've known that it would've been impossible for an Olympian to actually destroy the hollowed-out mountain without any assistance. It seems like those handles did a majority of the work. 

The other Gods showed some degree of Super strength. There is no clear indication that they have it on the same level as Zeus, but Poseidon did cause that huge Tidal wave. Also, it seemed like they did keep the gods close to thier original sources, and going by that, Hercules is the strongest god and Poseidon is equal to Zeus.

Poseidon caused that massive tidal-wave because he is the god of the sea and reached terminal-velocity before actually impacting with the water. Hercules got killed by those generic "titans", so his "super-strength" must've either been on sabbatical or non-existent. 

So......? And like Thor would really fight like that? Morals are off, he's going to fight like he did against the frost giants

Wrong. Thor had a personal vendetta agains the Jotuns and was relishing in proving himself to be a worthy combatant to both his father and Laufey. All Thor knows is that these are some super-humans wearing golden armor and he doesn't care whether they survive the battle or not.  
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By buttersdaman000

@Illuminatus:

Well, I concede. I just borrowed Immortals and Thor from a friend in my hall. I watched all the key scenes and I was wrong.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@buttersdaman000 said:

@Illuminatus:

Well, I concede. I just borrowed Immortals and Thor from a friend in my hall. I watched all the key scenes and I was wrong.

It was a pleasure debating with you. :)
Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@Illuminatus said:

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

IMMORTALS

IMMORTALS

IMMORTALS

Oh please. The gods in Immortals had difficulty fighting a few dozen creatures that were seemingly incapable of communicating with one another and hardly had any armor or weapons to begin with. Zeus couldn't even destroy the mountain himself, and struggled to do so when using the golden handles or whatever. Thor stomps them with relative ease whenever he is in the battle.

DUDE. Those "things" were the titans. They birthed the Gods.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Illuminatus said:

Round 1-Thor solos. Easily.

Round 2-Zeus and friends mop the floor with the Asgardians.

Round 3-Thor destroys the battlefield and flies away.

This

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ssejllenrad

Immortals cause they got Superman... Nyahahahahaha! Kidding.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By HolySerpent

I agree with Illuminatus. But Olympian >>>> >>>Assgard