• 193 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean are people so stupid that they cant use words like lame      thry really have to be cruel and ignorant kie that
#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to add "that's retarded" to that list too.

Moderator
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized:
exactly
#4 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I know homosexuals who use the term. I find it funny.

#5 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1:
well just because certain people use it dosnt make it acceptable. 
 
i know tons of black people who use the word nigger, that dosnt make it right   it just makes a mockery out of 200 years of pain and suffering
#6 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: I'm not saying it is  acceptable, only that I find it funny for obvious reasons.
#7 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
" @Donnieman v5.1: well just because certain people duse it dosnt make it acceptable.  i know tons of black people who use the word nigger, that dosnt make it right   it just makes a mockery out of 200 years of pain and suffering "
I know you're trying to prove a point here, but it's probably more effective if you don't use one of the word you're campaigning against in a sentence. 
#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:
i see your point
#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why I warn people not to use 'gay' as a derogatory term.  I will not stand to see the ignorant bad habits of a few upset the friendly atmosphere we have here on Comic Vine.

Moderator
#10 Posted by nicknicholby (523 posts) - - Show Bio

its a shitty way too imply less than.  and i apologize to stool for saying that.

#11 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the term is fine, its one thing not to directly offend someone with hate speech, but freedom of speech is something precious. If people want to use "That's Gay" as an expression let them, I do in real life. 

#12 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'm just numb to the term. 
 
Shouldn't this be in the Off-Topic section?

#13 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, but what about these terms... 
 
Your a dic*head  
Such a moron
What a pu**y 
What a retard 
Nerd 
 
Being sensitive around one area is being sensitive about all areas, if you dont like the term then dont use any term that is derogatory towards any person, or any persons anatomy.

#14 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans said:
" I think the term is fine, its one thing not to directly offend someone with hate speech, but freedom of speech is something precious. If people want to use "That's Gay" as an expression let them, I do in real life.  "
The problem is that the word "gay" itself is not negatively connoted but here it is inadequatly used to describe something bad thus stating the word itself and people who are gay are something you can use for insults which it should clearly NOT be. Any arguing about sexual preferences is of course nonsense but some people still want to rob everyone who does not think alike of their dignity and right to live and using "gay" in that context only fuels their conviction. Sadly that is the way it is. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with HOW you want to express something but WHAT you want to express. You are still supposed to use proper language and not insult other people to bring your point across.You can still say what you want but please do not take words out of context and use them in a demeaning, insulting way.
 
Besides we also would not like it if it was "That's so hetero".
#15 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio

We change the use of words all the time. In case you don't know gay didn't always mean homosexual.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

People still use that term? Sigh, quit living in the 90s you lot.

#17 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt:
"well just because certain people use it dosnt make it acceptable.  i know tons of black people who use the word nigger, that dosnt make it right   it just makes a mockery out of 200 years of pain and suffering "
You Said the N Word! :|...
#18 Posted by Chaos Burn (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" People still use that term? Sigh, quit living in the 90s you lot. "
true, i havn't heard it in ages...
#19 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I Use It. But Its Okay Im A Christian. ;o]

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what i'm sick of..I'm tired of people comparing the N word and being black to issues involving gays.If you aren't black don't even bring the word up.I'm so sick of people talking about how black people use the word.You obviously don't understand and you never will.

Moderator
#21 Posted by Jake Fury (18059 posts) - - Show Bio

I always find its much more rewarding to insult people NOT using curse words or derogatory racist terms.
#22 Posted by Mutant God (3011 posts) - - Show Bio

Its just an expression dont be such a pussy
#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" I always find its much more rewarding to insult people NOT using curse words or derogatory racist terms. "
Always fun to go all Jane Austen on someone.
#24 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" I always find its much more rewarding to insult people NOT using curse words or derogatory racist terms. "
Like The N word?
#25 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
"I know homosexuals who use the term. I find it funny. "

agreed 
i use the term "that''s gay" all the time around adults too, its a term that will stay alive for years to come along with "thats retarded".
#26 Posted by Jake Fury (18059 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" I always find its much more rewarding to insult people NOT using curse words or derogatory racist terms. "
Like The N word? "

Nincompoop. Yes!
#27 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
"I agree, but what about these terms...  Your a dic*head  Such a moronWhat a pu**y What a retard Nerd  Being sensitive around one area is being sensitive about all areas, if you dont like the term then dont use any term that is derogatory towards any person, or any persons anatomy. "

ALL ARE ACCEPTABLE!! LOL
#28 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: It's just an expression!
#29 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"You know what i'm sick of..I'm tired of people comparing the N word and being black to issues involving gays.If you aren't black don't even bring the word up.I'm so sick of people talking about how black people use the word.You obviously don't understand and you never will. "

i agree....sort of 
 
i hate it when they compair the two however i still agree no one should use it, just let it die...
#31 Posted by Jake Fury (18059 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB said:
" @Jake Fury: It's just an expression! "

LOL try using it on someone. They'll look at you like you're crazy.
#32 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God said:
" Its just an expression dont be such a pussy "
hmm
#33 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: I already used!
#34 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:
"I agree, but what about these terms...  Your a dic*head  Such a moronWhat a pu**y What a retard Nerd  Being sensitive around one area is being sensitive about all areas, if you dont like the term then dont use any term that is derogatory towards any person, or any persons anatomy. "
ALL ARE ACCEPTABLE!! LOL "
That gaytarded.
#35 Posted by Agent9149 (2890 posts) - - Show Bio

i just say that's hetero

#36 Edited by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheNooseIsLoose said:

" @Vance Astro: got an article for ya 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keli-goff/why-we-should-actually-th_b_684190.html "

Nice article but I disagree with Keli Goff on this.I simply don't care about Dr.Laura.I have been well aware for years that there are just white people on this earth who simply cannot cope with the fact they can't say the N-word.I think it's funny.I don't think any word should be taboo no matter what it means.The thing is how you use it.There are alot of words that may not be meant to be disrespectful until you use them as an adjective to describe someone.You simply can't insult people on the radio it's that simply.People don't want to stop saying d#ck just because when applied as an adjective it's a negative description.I don't have a problem with Dr.Laura saying the N-word I have a problem with her blatant disrespect for black people.Her entire rant was off topic and then she tried to justify it. 
 
@FLCL1 said:

 i still agree no one should use it, just let it die... "

It's just a word.
Moderator
#37 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB:
ummmmmmmmm.............no i didnt 
 
me:do you think he bought it? 
voice in my head:oh eah that chump totally bought it 
me:u sure 
voice:totally my brotha 
me:sweet 
both:what a maroon
#38 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: Yes you said!!
#39 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
No homo....
#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" No homo.... "
LOL
Moderator
#41 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB: 
 
Great googely-moogely 
 
me:you stupid harpy wench of a hell-beast!!!!! you said that they bought it 
voice:they did buy it 
me:uh-uh pepito  i just got busted 
voice-.........wait who are you talking about 
me:who are YOU talking about 
voice:disney,  they bought marvel studios, who did u think i was talking about 
me:...................*gunshot*
#42 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons:
you know what dude......sometimes the world needs someone to stand up and say......uh.......yes homo?............immma just be quiet now.   grabs a Dr.Pepper and sits in the corner
#43 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt:
Whatever...
#44 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB:
and whats thaaaaaat supposed to mean..........
#45 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio

This threads gay.

#46 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: It means whatever...
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
" This threads gay. "
Very.
Moderator
#48 Edited by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @TheNooseIsLoose said:

" @Vance Astro: got an article for ya 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keli-goff/why-we-should-actually-th_b_684190.html "

Nice article but I disagree with Keli Goff on this.I simply don't care about Dr.Laura.I have been well aware for years that there are just white people on this earth who simply cannot cope with the fact they can't say the N-word.I think it's funny.I don't think any word should be taboo no matter what it means.The thing is how you use it.There are alot of words that may not be meant to be disrespectful until you use them as an adjective to describe someone.You simply can't insult people on the radio it's that simply.People don't want to stop saying d#ck just because when applied as an adjective it's a negative description.I don't have a problem with Dr.Laura saying the N-word I have a problem with her blatant disrespect for black people.Her entire rant was off topic and then she tried to justify it. 
 

@FLCL1

said:

 i still agree no one should use it, just let it die... "

It's just a word. "
If it's just a word, then why can't white people say it? Either it's demeaning and offensive when anyone says it or it isn't at all. With this particular word, I'd say it's more likely to be the former.
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Do I have to give a name? said:
If it's just a word, then why can't white people say it? Either it's demeaning and offensive when anyone says it or it isn't at all. With this particular word, I'd say it's the former. "
For their own protection.It's just a word to me not to every black person.
Moderator
#50 Posted by Mutant God (3011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Do I have to give a name?:

What word, I can say it if you tell me what the word is