• 56 results
#1 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

Th story is, I'm in the UK...It is snowing and was like, I am bored. So put on some socks and went outside to exercise... Boy. Russians know how it is. Guys, Never exercise with dumbbells in the snow without gloves, My hands 0_0

I have a F*** ugly chest cough now lmfao. Good experience. Next stop summer and training in the green house at blazing hot tempretures :D

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

It was -25°C / -11°F here on friday.
BB

#3 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Well good for you. Exercise in that with only a vest and socks and then come to me :)

#4 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm from Australia and it's the total opposite for me. SO hot. It never gets cold enough in winter to snow in Australia, well where I live in Australia that's true. Been excessively sweating for most of my day. I hope you get rid of your cough and stay warm, Have a great Day/night, whatever it is at the moment. ( I'm probably going to die from Heat stroke).

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7 said:

I'm from Australia and it's the total opposite for me. SO hot. It never gets cold enough in winter to snow in Australia, well where I live in Australia that's true. Been excessively sweating for most of my day. I hope you get rid of your cough and stay warm, Have a great Day/night, whatever it is at the moment. ( I'm probably going to die from Heat stroke).

I love training in the heat to test myself. Stay safe to you also.

#6 Edited by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

The snow and ice in London is ridiculous can't event walk outside without fear of falling on my butt.

#7 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Winchester said:

The snow and ice in London is ridiculous can't event walk outside without fear of falling on my butt.

lmfao , The people in cold countries must be loling at us.

#8 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the feeling. Honestly, I prefer being warm to being cold.

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111 said:

I know the feeling. Honestly, I prefer being warm to being cold.

Same, but I like to exercise in places outside my comfort zone once in a while when I get the chance, it snows like once a year in the UK lol

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: It was -12 through the week here yet still no snow :-\

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Well good for you. Exercise in that with only a vest and socks and then come to me :)

Well I'm not stupid.
...or maybe I am.

BB

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It is only -1° here. But as you probably know the wind makes it freezing and the wind is going full throttle where I live coupled with snow = freezer.

#13 Edited by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Stupid or lazy?

#14 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

Yes, getting sick on purpose is pretty stupid.
BB

#15 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

You are clearly not a Canadian, I went to England and saw people going crazy over having about 2 inches of snow. Meanwhile we don't really care that we have over a foot at the moment. Not to mention the wind blew over some of my potted plants one time and I had to walk around putting them back up outside in said deep snow wearing only my pajamas, or in other words flannel pants and a grey t-shirt. I suppose the bare feet and the -20 temperatures were not fun but they really aren't that bad.

#16 Edited by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Pyrogram said:

Yes, getting sick on purpose is pretty stupid.
BB

I'm not sick. It is called exercise induced asthma, when you exercise in cold temps your muscles can tighten and give you a cough, Once warmed its all good. :D

#17 Posted by Mr_Stagger_Lee (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance said:

You are clearly not a Canadian, I went to England and saw people going crazy over having about 2 inches of snow. Meanwhile we don't really care that we have over a foot at the moment. Not to mention the wind blew over some of my potted plants one time and I had to walk around putting them back up outside in said deep snow wearing only my pajamas, or in other words flannel pants and a grey t-shirt.

:P

Seriously though, It only snows once or twice a year in England, so there is no need to prepare for the Canadian snows or anything like that. Hence why we go crazy at the slightest dusting.

#18 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Here in the Northern Midwest we laugh at your London winters.

I love the cold and snow much rather be shivering then a puddle of sweat.

#19 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Here in the Northern Midwest we laugh at your London winters.

I love the cold and snow much rather be shivering then a puddle of sweat.

We wish we could have heat like that. We wish. It is just rain over here...

#20 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance said:

You are clearly not a Canadian, I went to England and saw people going crazy over having about 2 inches of snow. Meanwhile we don't really care that we have over a foot at the moment. Not to mention the wind blew over some of my potted plants one time and I had to walk around putting them back up outside in said deep snow wearing only my pajamas, or in other words flannel pants and a grey t-shirt. I suppose the bare feet and the -20 temperatures were not fun but they really aren't that bad.

Obviously...I said I am from the UK.

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18018 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the cold much more than the heat.And I like the snow.I think people complain about it way too readily.

#22 Posted by Edamame (28130 posts) - - Show Bio

You should see how cold North Dakota can get in the Winter.

#23 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Michigan gets pretty cold too.

#24 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

Snow...I miss snow...

#25 Posted by BumpyBoo (9172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

Th story is, I'm in the UK...It is snowing and was like, I am bored. So put on some socks and went outside to exercise... Boy. Russians know how it is. Guys, Never exercise with dumbbells in the snow without gloves, My hands 0_0

I have a F*** ugly chest cough now lmfao. Good experience. Next stop summer and training in the green house at blazing hot tempretures :D

Noooo! I warned you, man! XD

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

Guys, Never exercise with dumbbells in the snow without gloves, My hands 0_0

.............If I was your parent, I would hit you

What were you thinking?!

#27 Edited by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, us Yanks will offer you guys warm weather in California. Maybe a little reconciliation is in order after whipping your rumps a few centuries ago.

#28 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

A fuzzy blanket would have come in handy.

#29 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

A fuzzy blanket would have come in handy.

Bah, nonsense. In Finland, they just use reindeer hides. 
#30 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Alchemax_7 said:

Personally, I hate extreme temperatures (especially heat... never been good with lots of heat), but I, too, enjoy conditioning myself in them with certain exercises.

I actually use a gym to exercise mostly, but I often go out in fairly cold weather (cold for my area anyway, don't think it's been below 15-20F in the 6 years I've lived here) in a T-shirt and either shorts or jeans, and sandals. I don't own any vests, heh.

When I go to school though, I take a jacket for sure. Could catch all kinds of nasty stuff at school, and thus far, I usually get sick the first couple weeks of the quarter (my college goes by quarters), so I'm trying to actually stay warm for the walks around campus... But if I had my way, I'd probably just stick in a T-shirt and jeans.

Stay warm, don't get frostbite. Almost got it once... Terrifying.

#31 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the cold...

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Pyrogram said:

Guys, Never exercise with dumbbells in the snow without gloves, My hands 0_0

.............If I was your parent, I would hit you

What were you thinking?!

I was thinking I want to test myself to see how I would react, In-case I was ever hiking or doing something and wanted to see how long I could do physical work.

#33 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Alchemax_7 said:

Personally, I hate extreme temperatures (especially heat... never been good with lots of heat), but I, too, enjoy conditioning myself in them with certain exercises.

I actually use a gym to exercise mostly, but I often go out in fairly cold weather (cold for my area anyway, don't think it's been below 15-20F in the 6 years I've lived here) in a T-shirt and either shorts or jeans, and sandals. I don't own any vests, heh.

When I go to school though, I take a jacket for sure. Could catch all kinds of nasty stuff at school, and thus far, I usually get sick the first couple weeks of the quarter (my college goes by quarters), so I'm trying to actually stay warm for the walks around campus... But if I had my way, I'd probably just stick in a T-shirt and jeans.

I usually LOVE doing stuff like this. Whenever I get a chance to train in intense weather I jump at it, I think it is good to test yourself.

@BumpyBoo: I know :( lol

#34 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Alchemax_7 said:

I usually LOVE doing stuff like this. Whenever I get a chance to train in intense weather I jump at it, I think it is good to test yourself.

@BumpyBoo: I know :( lol

To some extent it's good to test yourself, but you have to be smart and not destroy your body by "testing" it.

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger", only applies if you're not throwing your body off bridges. Not saying you are, just saying, don't assume everything will improve you somehow, and be careful :P

#35 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: I know, I went inside when I realized It got too much, remember, in the wild humans used to do stuff like this as mandatory when hunting etc.. So our bodies I think can take it, I did anyways. But yer, if I stayed out for 10 mins longer I would probably be sick today.

#36 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not that bad over here, I think everyone is getting way too dramatic about it. I prefer the winter to the summer anyways so it's all good :)

#37 Posted by Icarusflies (12502 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Russians really don't mind so much. Historically, they literally rolled around in the snow naked as part of a bathhouse thing. (Evidence: The biographical piece by a HIGHLY respected historian. Book: Peter the Great)

#38 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

#39 Posted by laflux (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: Were about are you at. I'm up north and yeah it is pretty cold, with lots of snow on the ground.

#40 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: <----- Crazy Canadians... >.>

#41 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: London , not snowing now though.

#42 Posted by laflux (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram:

@lykopis said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm a bit disappointed TBH. I thought an actual Polar Bear was going to join in the dip with them- friendly of course :P

Also, there was a time in the late 1990's and early to mid 2000's when there was barely no snow during the winter in the U.K. Now, there is at least one major snow snap a year which lasts for at least a week or more. At first, we Brits could claim ignorance, but now, every year snow hits, and every year the country grinds to a halt. Unfortunately, my first semester exams are still on- so maybe the trend is changing.

On a lighter note, I used an air mattress to toboggan down a hill and gave a snowman a cigar ^_^

#43 Posted by RazzaTazz (9636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pyrogram:  

#44 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: D: Such a good scene.

#45 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so cold today that humans kep crying " My fingers are numb not even 20 seconds i'm outside. " me I can take the cold, it has to be alot colder than this to affect me.

#46 Posted by Pyrogram (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000:

#47 Posted by CapFanboy (5070 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

That's cause snow knows better than to go to Scotland.

#48 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33338 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: it's actually like the arctic outside now, proper snow

#49 Posted by CapFanboy (5070 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Schools were off today and I had little children running around the building.

#50 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33338 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Schools were off today and I had little children running around the building.

hopefully it snows hard enough for me to get the day off work