I'm hurting tonight and I just need to share this...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Today has been an extremely rough day for me.

This story starts about 10 years ago when I was a kid in jr high. It was a year after my grandfather passed away after a long, tumultuous bout with alzheimer's disease, heart disease, torture wounds from the second world war and a littany of other ailments. My grandmother had taken the death extremely hard and could hardly cope so she asked my mother to allow me to live with her. I eagerly agreed and a few months after that is when Hell began for my family.

I sat in the first National Bank in East Saint Louis and my grandmother explained to me that she was giving POA to my mother...the climate of my family is extremely vitriolic. This was, to an 11 year old me, immediatley foreboding. I knew it would end horribly at that precise moment. I said to my grandmother:

"Grandma, that's not a good idea...it's just not. I don't like it."

I remember it as if I were watching on screen.

Over the following ten years our lives would desced into constant tumult. Fraudulent claims against my mother and I running parrallel to an abusive relationship my mother was in and of course, my teenage years. It. Was. Hell. My family even had me expelled from school. I lost scholarhips, had to move to three different states just to finish highschool, my mother went broke dealing with constant court cases from multiple siblings at a time.

Now, anyone that knows me knows I'm extremely peaceful. I avoid conflict at all costs. but things build up on a person after years and years of constant barriers.

Tonight it all came to a head and I simply exploded on everyone in my family on a phone call. I spoke truth. uncut truth and it cut them deeply. they swear they'll never speak to me again. Tonight I don't care. I made them look at themselves tonight and, honestly, it hurt me to hurt them even though their pain comes from bearing witness to truth. I still love them but I have so much anger towards them I'm literally shaking.

I just needed to get this out...

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really sorry bro....

I'm glad you were able to get this out, and I'm not trying to hate or anything, but in my experience it's not a very good idea to come to this site hoping for support...

That's the sad, unfortunate, pathetic truth...

Either way, I hope everything works out for you man.

Jmarshmallow

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes its good to let out the emotion. The problem is sometimes we let it build up until its too late and we say things directly without considering other peoples feelings. But that happens with anger, you just have to give it time and try to come back later and mend relationships. I hope you talk to them later on and fix this. Family is one of the most important things in life. I hope everything turns out for the best man.

Best wishes.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SOG7dc

I'm really sorry bro....

I'm glad you were able to get this out, and I'm not trying to hate or anything, but in my experience it's not a very good idea to come to this site hoping for support...

That's the sad, unfortunate, pathetic truth...

Either way, I hope everything works out for you man.

Jmarshmallow

It's just after years and years of everybody you love hurting youand the smiling in your face and then have the unmitigated nerve to call me and boast about how these awful things happend serendipitously ESPECIALLY when I'm going through what I'm going through....I just snapped. It was literally the single straw that was just too much.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes its good to let out the emotion. The problem is sometimes we let it build up until its too late and we say things directly without considering other peoples feelings. But that happens with anger, you just have to give it time and try to come back later and mend relationships. I hope you talk to them later on and fix this. Family is one of the most important things in life. I hope everything turns out for the best man.

Best wishes.

I know this and, until tonight, I treated them as such. But these people have been doing their level best to hurt my mother and I in the worst ways possible and we have stone cold evidence that prove it but tehy want for us o indulge them in their delusion. I just reached my breaking point. I feel bad for how I said things but I'm glad that they were said.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chaos911

I'm sorry you man, but it's good you let it out. It's never good to just bottle up pain and anger. Here's hoping the the trolls stay away from here

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Comicuser

@sog7dc said:

@comicuser said:

Best wishes.

I know this and, until tonight, I treated them as such. But these people have been doing their level best to hurt my mother and I in the worst ways possible and we have stone cold evidence that prove it but tehy want for us o indulge them in their delusion. I just reached my breaking point. I feel bad for how I said things but I'm glad that they were said.

Thats horrible. Ive had a falling out with some of my family too due to some VERY serious events. Its hard but its for the best. And so likewise, i hope it turns out for the best for you. "Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same."

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That really sucks. Though I can sort of relate. I've lashed out on my family at times.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Sorry man. It's good you finally let your emotions out. Go with God.

Beata

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

a stiff drink and some time to reflect , throw on your favorite album and just relax . today sucks but tomorrow will be better

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You deserve respect for being able to still stand after all that turmoil and roadblocks thrown at you. I also don't think you should be ashamed of yourself for boiling up. Human beings are emotional creatures that need to get out our emotions, even if we don't like it. I think the best way for you to go about this would be to try to slowly, step by step rebuild your relationship with your family at the pace that your emotional wounds heal themselves up.

Also, I'm always open to PM if you need to talk.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Terrible things.

Hard things.

Persevere. You will become impossibly strong and again know happiness. Persevere.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@sog7dc: My family is extremely dysfunctional. For years I tried being peacekeeper, but when my grandmother was hospitalized for the final time and refused certain treatments, I was the only one who stood by her decision even if it meant losing her sooner than need be. This put me at odds with my aunt. I wont get into all the details, but needless to say things got worse after my grandmother died. My mother and I have always had a strained relationship but after losing her mother and husband the year before that, she became absolutely unbearable. Last I knew she'd sold her house and was living in my wealthy aunt and uncle's basement living on a steady diet of Wild Turkey and cigarettes. The few times I visited her at my aunt's house I had to call ahead and make an appointment to come over (not exaggerating), and it wasn't worth it just to sit and listen to my drunken, cancer riddled, mother bad mouth me. To this day I do not speak to any blood relative other than my son who lives with me. I'm truly sorry for the trouble your family is causing. If anyone can sympathize and understand your situation, it's me. Chin up and PM me if you ever wanna talk.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Goodluck man, just hang in there. PM me if you need someone to talk to.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By comicace3

Sorry to hear that man. Its impressive on how long you've been keeping it in that's for sure. I respect you finally have the courage to finally spill out your feelings no matter the consequences. Ive heard cases like these before where families get into a big fight a swear they never talk to eachother again. The truth is, that promise will most likely never be fulfilled and you'll be able to rebuild your relationship with your family. Slowly but surely. It takes time. Wounds on The emotional level take time to heal but they are never permanent. And family bonds are almost impossible to break. Feel free to pm me if you have more probs. PEOPLES CHAMP IS OFFICIALLY OUT.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I feel like crying from reading that because I too lost a grandfather this year from cancer..............

You have my condolences.............

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry you're going through this man. Something somewhat similar is going on with my family as well but it's nowhere near this level though I can see it escalating to this in the future. Like everybody said, you can't keep things bottled up for too long and it was good to get what you said out in the open.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can relate to a certain extent......i to kind of exploded on a phone call very recently...it was with my father and i never was close with him and he has done some unforgivable sh*t

he calls about 1 time every few months with slurred speech(drunk), mainly he just calls to bitch at my mom(they are divorced)

long story short, some things were said that i'm not really proud of..but i'm not going to sit there and take it when he is yelling profane things about my mother

you just have to do whats right for you...your family hurt you and should not have to feel bad about the way you feel...the way they made you feel

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

That's just plain awful and really sad. All that stress, turmoil and inter family arguments must have really taken its toll on you. I'm sorry things came to a head last night but it sounds like it was inevitably going to happen. They need to realise the error of their ways and who better to tell them than the son/grandson they squabble over? Still, saying those things obviously cuts deep with family so things will probably be tense for a while. And even though you lashed out angrily, you at least had a justifiable course for doing so. You did the right thing and that's not always an easy choice to make. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk but you've got many other better choices on offer already.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Today has been an extremely rough day for me.

This story starts about 10 years ago when I was a kid in jr high. It was a year after my grandfather passed away after a long, tumultuous bout with alzheimer's disease, heart disease, torture wounds from the second world war and a littany of other ailments. My grandmother had taken the death extremely hard and could hardly cope so she asked my mother to allow me to live with her. I eagerly agreed and a few months after that is when Hell began for my family.

I sat in the first National Bank in East Saint Louis and my grandmother explained to me that she was giving POA to my mother...the climate of my family is extremely vitriolic. This was, to an 11 year old me, immediatley foreboding. I knew it would end horribly at that precise moment. I said to my grandmother:

"Grandma, that's not a good idea...it's just not. I don't like it."

I remember it as if I were watching on screen.

Over the following ten years our lives would desced into constant tumult. Fraudulent claims against my mother and I running parrallel to an abusive relationship my mother was in and of course, my teenage years. It. Was. Hell. My family even had me expelled from school. I lost scholarhips, had to move to three different states just to finish highschool, my mother went broke dealing with constant court cases from multiple siblings at a time.

Now, anyone that knows me knows I'm extremely peaceful. I avoid conflict at all costs. but things build up on a person after years and years of constant barriers.

Tonight it all came to a head and I simply exploded on everyone in my family on a phone call. I spoke truth. uncut truth and it cut them deeply. they swear they'll never speak to me again. Tonight I don't care. I made them look at themselves tonight and, honestly, it hurt me to hurt them even though their pain comes from bearing witness to truth. I still love them but I have so much anger towards them I'm literally shaking.

I just needed to get this out...

I'm sorry to hear that.

I won't say I understand; everyone's situation is unique.

I will say, I've been experiencing some repressed anger myself from my child hood in the last few year. I feel like its building to a crescendo. Been trying to keep a lid on it, but it's getting tougher to do.

But this isn't my time; it's yours.

I'm sorry to hear you went through all that.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it makes you feel better things are great with my family

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sorry to hear.Takes a real man to tell the world his problems.Keep on being strong.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Glad to lend a listening ear! Hope everything works out!! :)

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing has happened yet but I see the potential of one of these things happening to part of my family.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@sog7dc: Happy to hear you're feeling better. Hope things work out.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bflynn316

@sog7dc: No problem man, hope everything gets better.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have my condolences, and my respect. It's tough to take that kind of crap, especially from family. I hope everything works out for you.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Don't let your family keep you down. You may feel bad because of the fact that they are your family, but the same rules of apply. If all they do is make you feel like crap, then I suggest that you move on. Don't be afraid to "burn down bridges" if you know what I mean. Don't let the mistakes/faults of others ruin your life.

Stay strong.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@sog7dc: Glad to be of help, get better soon on this sad business mate. Time heals all wounds.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came here to laugh, but I'm going to say take care. Hope everything works out for you somehow.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came here to laugh, but I'm going to say take care. Hope everything works out for you somehow.

nice post

but the fact that you came here to laugh still kinda makes you a d*ck tho lol

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

nice post

well, I expected it to be a joke thread...

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Keep going man.
It's hard but everything will get better.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to hear that man. You have my condolences.

You can always pm me if you need to talk.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thing150

@thing150 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

nice post

well, I expected it to be a joke thread...

No Caption Provided

well i hate onision and hope he gets hit by a bus.....this was the only gif i could find that rly expressed my feelings