If Zimmerman is found not guilty.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you think will happen?

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

George Zimmerman won't go to prison?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Same ole; Same ole.

"Pull da trigga, kill a nigga. He's a hero!"

-Tupac

GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know he won't go to prison. But, do you think there will be riots?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@goldenstar66: Nope...honestly everyone is too tired for riots. We've been through this before and him being acquitted is not unexpected.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Because riots always happen every time a black youth is murdered. Right?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because riots always happen every time a black youth is murdered. Right?

Isn't that why the death toll is so high in Chicago? But being completely serious this one is really no different then hundreds of trials all over the country in any given year. For some reason the media latched onto it and wouldn't let go, ignoring the fact that crimes like this happen all the time. The reason it became news is because the usual race baiters got involved, then the President gets involved. What makes this shooting and killing (not calling it murder because I don't believe it was done with malice) any different then the hundreds of young black men that are killed throughout this country every year?

GeoKnowsBest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect riots to break out and apparently so do the Miami Dade Police, because they were everywhere tonight.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you guys think self defense or guilty? Personally, I believe self defense...only answer if you feel comfortable talking about it. Don't want to start a riot on here. :)

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's self defense and he's not guilty.

This is probably the least biased perspective I've heard about this event.

Loading Video...

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turoksonofstone

@bogey said:

Loading Video...

Nah. He got out of the Car looking for trouble he is a Murdering Murderer. Forget the Trial. Fate will eventually sort him out.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bogey

@turoksonofstone: You must be skewing what happened with some racist fantasy you have.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turoksonofstone

@bogey:

No. You are projecting.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bogey said:

Loading Video...

>Least biased
>Stephen Molyneux

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While he did get out of the car, I don't believe it was to kill, but to simply do what he thought was the duty of his position as neighborhood watchman. While he may have taken it TOO seriously, he had giant bandages on his head fora reason...he was severely injured and feared for his life. IMO

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turoksonofstone: He got out of the car to tell the dispatcher which street Trayvon is heading to. Trayvon was looking for trouble. Zimmerman defended himself like he should have. Whether or not he over-reacted is irrelevant. What matters is Trayvon attacked him and he defended himself. If he's found guilty, then the consequences will be a lot worse than if he's found innocent.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BattheMan008

@awesam said:

@turoksonofstone: He got out of the car to tell the dispatcher which street Trayvon is heading to. Trayvon was looking for trouble. Zimmerman defended himself like he should have. Whether or not he over-reacted is irrelevant. What matters is Trayvon attacked him and he defended himself. If he's found guilty, then the consequences will be a lot worse than if he's found innocent.

I agree with everything except for the last sentence...what do you mean? Are you saying people will riot if he's found guilty?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battheman008: No, but if he's found guilty, then what do you think that means for Florida's stand your ground law. Will people actually consider it when defending themselves? I think it's going to become a far more controversial matter than it already is.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: The problem with getting out of the car is that he put himself in a situation where he had to use his firearm regardless of who was in the right or in the wrong. The duty of a neighborhood watchman is only to observe and report - the police was already on the way, the kid was running away. This is the same reason as to why vigilantism is illegal - when untrained people wield weapons in the name of justice people get fatally wounded in situations that could have been avoided.

By stepping out of his vehicle he was already exposing his life, as he already thought that the kid was armed. Claiming self-defense in a situation where you could have driven away, or simply stay put, is just a bit too much. It wouldn't have said much about his character, but it also wouldn't have resulted in the death of someone.

The Stand Your Ground law is for unavoidable situations where you believe your life to be in danger and there is just not other way to survive. As this was an avoidable situation, I don't see this law being affected. I think the Marissa Alexander case is a lot more relevant to the "stand your ground" situation, and she only fired a warning shot.

But yeah... to recap, chasing after someone you think might be armed, getting attacked and then shooting the person at point blank range is hardly self defense.

It's a complicated case and it will ultimately be unfair no matter what happens. George Zimmerman didn't seem to be on a racial crusade, and it seemed like he was trying to do what he thought was right. Doing what you think is the right thing can turn ugly rather quickly though.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lady_liberty

I don't think there will be riots, at least not any big ones. Perhaps if the case had been different there might have been but at this point it's pretty clear Zimmerman has a reasonable claim to self defense.

Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acquitted or not, I know one thing.

I'm stayin' the hell outta Florida.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Doesn't he do mma then why did the kid have him on the ground like that just asking. Also the kid was running from him he shouldn't have chased him.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5