This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio

I would find him a boyfriend.

#1 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

Treat him no differently

Staff
#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm tough cookie i'd accept it and go ahead and see if i can have a second kid who could carry on my bloodline.

#3 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i would pretend he isn't gay and not asking him about it or treat him any differently... the only time i would really be upset is if he turned to be extremely feminent i would cry..

#4 Posted by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart: That would be the 2 thing I do.
#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" i would pretend he isn't gay and not asking him about it or treat him any differently... the only time i would really be upset is if he turned to be extremely feminent i would cry.. "
"Feminine"
#6 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" @Voidheart: That would be the 2 thing I do. "
yea well ill try and justify my means in that case cause left alone it feels so cold.

the only dream i have left is to have a family and that it can carry on, but having a gay child would sort of have fullfilled my dream to 1/2 instead of fully. (and yet it isnt a dissapointment if it was so!) therefore i'd try and have a second one whom i "hope" to be not like the first but if it turns out the same way i wouldnt want to force it upon him / her to be straight so i'd just have to live with it.
#7 Posted by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart: That's wat I would have to kid's. 
#8 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't care about it if i had another child but if not..... i would take him to a strip-joint and see how he feels.

#9 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#10 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Love him.

#11 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

yes well thats irrelevant to say because even the greatest raven parents have a spark of love in them for their child.

#12 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio

If the strip club trick doesn't work, then I assume there's nothing more to do but accept it.

#13 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

my problem with my son turning out gay is if i didnt see it coming. if i saw him being very feminine from the start of the child hood and he didnt seem to grow out of it then i wouldnt be surprised nor upset. it would just have bn a natural progression to him turning gay but, if my son acted normal and never hinted at being gay i would be crushed and angry of course i would except him regardless. my problem is not with gay ppl but the fact tha "my" son is gay.... and i  would have to re evaluate all the gay jokes that i have made toward my gay friend and realize they are no longer funny.

#14 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind at all, but i would say to him that "you're not going to be gay until you get a girl pregnant" lol

#15 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres a question that comes to mind.... why do we want to keep our bloodline intact?  i mean

" I wouldn't mind at all, but i would say to him that "you're not going to be gay until you get a girl pregnant" lol "
is a cruel way but it shows the instinct to do so.
#16 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

Being upset with something like this is like being upset that your son has blue eyes. It's ridiculous.

Staff
#17 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

its upsetting if you fancy yourself to have good set of genes and picked your mate b/c of her medical record and no apparent  genetic diseases..just so your son can turn gay and not pass your genetics to the nxt generation and let your bloodline and family die into obscurity.

#18 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: Amen!
#19 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
"Heres a question that comes to mind.... why do we want to keep our bloodline intact?  i mean
" I wouldn't mind at all, but i would say to him that "you're not going to be gay until you get a girl pregnant" lol "
is a cruel way but it shows the instinct to do so."

No i wouldn't care that much it was a joke, i mean yeah he's gay but its not going to be the end of the world. I would just want to see my son happy and succeed in life, besides i hang out with my cousin a lot and he's gay. But i would at least want my bloodline intact and i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have one child for the rest of my life no matter if their gay or not.
#20 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"its upsetting if you fancy yourself to have good set of genes and picked your mate b/c of her medical record and no apparent  genetic diseases..just so your son can turn gay and not pass your genetics to the nxt generation and let your bloodline and family die into obscurity. "

Have another child, simple as that.
#21 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" Treat him no differently "
This. I'd put him up for adoption, just like I would if I had a straight son.
#23 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not having kids I have bad genes and wont be passing them on thank you very much

#24 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @inferiorego said:
This. I'd put him up for adoption, just like I would if I had a straight son. "
LOL
#25 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably crack gay jokes at him all the time, because, well... that's what I do: give everybody a hard time all the time.  Anybody's fair game for the sake of comedy.  Even my own flesh and blood.  If he grows up like me, then he'll probably crack straight jokes at me all the time, and we'll have a good ol' time while everybody else listens in horror.  Sounds kinda' like me and my gay friends.

For what it's worth, he already plays with girls toys, because his sister is a bully and hogs all the boys toys.  Also for what it's worth, they are the two loves of my life, will remain so gay or straight, and will know so gay or straight.

#26 Posted by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
"I'm not having kids I have bad genes and wont be passing them on thank you very much"
            So what, you're son would be a gay Darkseid or something?
#27 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @inferiorego said:
This. I'd put him up for adoption, just like I would if I had a straight son. "
How did you know my secret plans?
I don't want any sons
Staff
#28 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" How did you know my secret plans? I don't want any sons "
I'm secretly your son from the distant future.
#29 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang: Being gay doesn't come from a bad gene. No more likely my kid would be rabid without the actual virus, and whoever wants my kids would be crazy too, so double the dose lol.
#30 Edited by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

well I'm bisexual and my brother is flamingly gay I would accept him

#31 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" I'm secretly your son from the distant future. "
Beware, Cable is already among us. The Age of Apocalypse draws closer.
#32 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"@inferiorego said:
" How did you know my secret plans? I don't want any sons "
I'm secretly your son from the distant future.
"

Hmm, is your nickname Cable? lol
#33 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
hit him with a rock bottom then go shoppin
#34 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

well I'm bisexual and my brother is flamingly gay I would accept him

"
are you a girl?
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who has noticed the large amount of gay questions lately? Is someone here finding themselves or what?

#36 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: LMFAO
#37 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Am I the only one who has noticed the large amount of gay questions lately? Is someone here finding themselves or what? "
shhhhhh don't tell nobody
#38 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Am I the only one who has noticed the large amount of gay questions lately? Is someone here finding themselves or what? "

They had to open their closet to find long lost stuff in there and unfortunately left it open.
#39 Edited by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had a gay son.I would be a little upset about it.Only because i'm not completely informed on what makes someone gay and the whole 9.Plus I know he will get picked on.I have never seen this,but I know there has been cases of people teasing gay people to the point they have wanted to or have killed themselves.I wouldn't want that for my son.You never know how mentally or emotionally strong someone is.I would be torn up if something happened to my son simply because of the way he is.As far as I am concerned though,whatever makes him happy makes me happy.I will not treat him any different or love him any less.

#40 Edited by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: That's deep,man.
#41 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have him pick out my wardrobe and watch as he grew up to play in the NBA.

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" @Vance Astro: That's deep, girl.
"
If you're looking at my avatar...I'm almost positive you can see i'm not a girl.
#43 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:
no
#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I'd have him pick out my wardrobe and watch as he grew up to play in the NBA. "
O.o Are you implying that NBA Players are gay?
#45 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Id treat him no differently, hell all id want is for him to be the MAN in the relationship. Plus then maybe i might get some help with my cloths, since i have no taste for fashion

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
" Id treat him no differently, hell all id want is for him to be the MAN in the relationship. Plus then maybe i might get some help with my cloths, since i have no taste for fashion "
All gay people can't dress....
#47 Posted by thatguy (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

uhhhh, i guess i could treat him normally, but id have to have a str* son down the line some where to carry on my name...

#48 Edited by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd tell him what I'd tell my son if he were strait and existent.
"Close the door,I don't want to know what you do in there!"

But seriously,I'd make sure he was genuine,not just into some stupid fad like everybody else my age seems to be in.

#49 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Darkchild said:
" Id treat him no differently, hell all id want is for him to be the MAN in the relationship. Plus then maybe i might get some help with my cloths, since i have no taste for fashion "
All gay people can't dress....
"
LMAO!

Well hopefully he would
#50 Posted by laughingcorpse (190 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be totally accepting of it. cause i'd know what he is going through.