• 93 results
#1 Posted by giantsfan576 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Where would you live? You can live in the past in any place, can't choose future or present.

I'd choose Ancient Rome, what about you?

#2 Edited by _Atomikill_ (3584 posts) - - Show Bio

Medieval Europe.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (18715 posts) - - Show Bio

Nov. 24th, 2013.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15260 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing before 2005.

Who could live without youtube?

#5 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5512 posts) - - Show Bio

A year ago

#6 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought the wild west looked fun but I'm pretty sure I'd die within a week

#8 Edited by Nerd Of A Hero (817 posts) - - Show Bio

The one we live in now. No point living in a Time Period where technology, civil rights and education isn't that effective and hard to obtain.

#9 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15260 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: fistbump for an awesome anime

the anime may or may not been a driving influence when i purchased my 240sx

#10 Posted by Xwraith (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing the first half of the 1990s (I was around back then, but I was too young to really know about the world).

#11 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: fistbump for an awesome anime

the anime may or may not been a driving influence when i purchased my 240sx

In the list of best animes by the japanese citizen it was voted the number 99.

It shocked many people this was in the list and that Slam Dunk was number 10, above Sain Seiya and other animes people often say are bigger.

#12 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I bring tooth paste? Deodorant? If so . . . Victorian England.

#13 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15260 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000

:I don't know about top 10, but it would definitely make a top 100.

its just a plain fun anime. especially if you like cars.

Of all the "sports" anime the only real one I like more is Eyeshield 21. And that's because Hiruma is a bosssss.

#14 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000

:I don't know about top 10, but it would definitely make a top 100.

its just a plain fun anime. especially if you like cars.

Of all the "sports" anime the only real one I like more is Eyeshield 21. And that's because Hiruma is a bosssss.

Not so many people like it, they feel its too simplistic, i liked for how siple it was, besides it leaves a less macho hero and a more like apathic one.

#15 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15260 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: I mean, I don't know how complicated you can get with racing in the first place lol.

But yeah Takumi is pretty cool. Its so refreshing when the protagonist isn't your typical "try hard outcast, that's had a tough life" etc etc. That stereotype is over used sooooo much in anime. Its probably the biggest negative of it really.

#16 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

The

80's suckeh

#17 Posted by Nefarious (18784 posts) - - Show Bio

The late 70s.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19938 posts) - - Show Bio

In the FUTURE.

#19 Posted by Chibi_cute (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

thousand years ago atlantis..

#20 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

1980's. It seems like an interesting time. Plus, I'm black, any time before then isn't exactly "fun" for my kind.

#21 Edited by dngn4774 (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

Centuries into the future. Am I the only one who feels like we live in a primitive time?

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Atlantis never really existed, in the first book that ever mentions it Plato stated very clearly that it was a purely hypothetical (Not Real) place. Basically it was like Narnia or Latveria.

#23 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

Being black, I don't really have that many options. About 300 years are a total no-no, and before that is iffy at best. For the past my best bet would probably be around the time of ancient Greece. They were far less racist back then

#24 Edited by Chibi_cute (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Atlantis never really existed, in the first book that ever mentions it Plato stated very clearly that it was a purely hypothetical (Not Real) place. Basically it was like Narnia or Latveria.

but i want to.. :(

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

Being black, I don't really have that many options. About 300 years are a total no-no, and before that is iffy at best. For the past my best bet would probably be around the time of ancient Greece. They were far less racist back then

Were there even black people IN ancient Greece?? And don't forget, slavery existed then too, you just have to pray you were in some what of an upper class.

#26 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5330 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Were there even black people IN ancient Greece?? And don't forget, slavery existed then too, you just have to pray you were in some what of an upper class.

Slavery was more an everybody thing back in Ancient Greece, pretty much if you weren't rich and lived near a hostile village there was a good 50/50 chance you could end up a slave back then.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Slavery was more an everybody thing back in Ancient Greece, pretty much if you weren't rich and lived near a hostile village there was a good 50/50 chance you could end up a slave back then.

Yup, that's why I said you better pray you were in some type of upper class, which honestly, I myself probably wouldn't be in. Plus, I wouldn't wanna live in any time where people thought the world was flat and you could die from a paper cut.

#29 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Yes there were. And slavery was different back then, it was no where near as cruel and brutal as it was in recent times. Compared to the 1800's or so, slavery in ancient Greece would be like being a Butler. Also, whites were slaves as much as the blacks back then and blacks weren't necessarily looked down upon

#30 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@the_stegman said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Yup, that's why I said you better pray you were in some type of upper class, which honestly, I myself probably wouldn't be in. Plus, I wouldn't wanna live in any time where people thought the world was flat and you could die from a paper cut.

Why wouldn't you? With the knowledge you have now you could easily become one of the best scholars in the world. You'll be rich, famous, most likely immune to all disease, taller than nearly everyone, and you could fake being a clairvoyant lol

#31 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

@the_stegman said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Why wouldn't you? With the knowledge you have now you could easily become one of the best scholars in the world. You'll be rich, famous, most likely immune to all disease, taller than nearly everyone, and you could fake being a clairvoyant lol

I really don't think anyone would believe the 'future knowledge" I would have. The whole "Heliocentric" model that the sun was the center of the universe to ages to catch on, many thought it was crazy. So here I come, out of nowhere, claiming that sicknesses actually came from tiny microscopic organisms, that the world is round, that the universe is endless, that the gods aren't behind natural occurences etc, I'd be labelled a heretic or a madman. And immune to all diseases? I would know what I know now, and that ain't much about medicine.

"Hey guys, we could stop this 'plague" with a simple anti biotic

"How would we make it kind sir?"

"I dunno..with...science?"

#32 Posted by RisingBean (3588 posts) - - Show Bio

Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold.

But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia reigning supreme in the dreaming West.

Hither came Rising Bean the American, stubbly beard, shifty eyed, rifle in hand, a BAMF, a warrior, a slayer, with profound sadness and merry wiles, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his booted feet.

-Bastardized from the Phoenix on the Sword.

And if that isn't possible, I'd go to ye old Wild West. Where the dames are swell, the firearms not generally so accurate, and the heat sure is hot.

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (38830 posts) - - Show Bio

Feudal Japan. I'd be a samurai.

#34 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

As long as you passed high school without too much difficulty, hell middle school even, i'm sure you'll still be smarter than 99% of the people back then. And I didn't mean go back and ruin their whole way of thinking as far as religion goes, but the ancient greeks prized knowledge and if you go back and present a scholarly case as to why you think the world is round i'm sure you'll be respected....somewhat lol

#35 Edited by dngn4774 (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@the_stegman:

As long as you passed high school without too much difficulty, hell middle school even, i'm sure you'll still be smarter than 99% of the people back then. And I didn't mean go back and ruin their whole way of thinking as far as religion goes, but the ancient greeks prized knowledge and if you go back and present a scholarly case as to why you think the world is round i'm sure you'll be respected....somewhat lol

Or burned at the stake for heresy. Whoops! wrong time. But in ancient Greece the entire justice system revolved around suspicion. Someone could literally move from town to town mass murdering for years without ever being suspected by authorities.

#36 Posted by CheeseSticks (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

Feudal Japan. I'd be a samurai.

Yup, that's the right answer for me too.

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Actually the Ancient Greeks were the people who first brought up the concept of a round Earth and despite common belief by the time Columbus sailed to the new world almost no one actually thought the Earth was flat anymore.

#38 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm black so history isn't a safe place for people of my pigment lol. But all jokes aside....I'd pick Jerusalem around the time of Christ. And I'd be a follower and be able to see and talk to him face to face.

#39 Edited by Wolverine08 (38830 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: That'd be really awesome.

#40 Edited by Dabee (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now. Literally every other timeline is DOMINATED by mass poverty, genocide, governmental segregation and plagues. I would pick in the future, for sure.

@sog7dc said:

I'm black so history isn't a safe place for people of my pigment lol. But all jokes aside....I'd pick Jerusalem around the time of Christ. And I'd be a follower and be able to see and talk to him face to face.

Then you could help kill him.

#41 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd choose to be born in about 1843, fight in the Civil War, and then move out to the wild west afterwards and become a Sheriff or U.S. Marshal.

#42 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

1980's. It seems like an interesting time. Plus, I'm black, any time before then isn't exactly "fun" for my kind.

#43 Posted by CaptainUzi (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

1918, Red Hook, Brooklyn NY

#44 Posted by Thitiki (3249 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Bruxae (12642 posts) - - Show Bio

Either far in the future, say the year 3000.

Or perhaps 800 AD Sweden.

#46 Posted by consolemaster001 (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

1600's istanbul

#47 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

People are saying "The future" wasn't the first rule of the thread, "you can't pick the future." ?

#49 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

that is a tough one for me honestly. i have 3 if that is ok

i would like to not live but actually be at the place where the crucifixtion of jesus took place

i would also like to go back in time and see how the pyramids were actually built

i would also like to go to roswel in 1947 to see what really crashed out there