• 167 results
Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

The blog is about if you believe in GOD should you vote or should you do not vote. I mean GOD is your everything and your source right? Then why do you believe in voting when you say it not going to get right any time soon. It another system of control, but who is in control here? Is it us or is it them? whoever they are is. All the people get is a bunch of promises that only half of it is met, and the other half seem like it has been forgotten. I had to ask myself this question, If you are voting for a person who you never met before in your life, but only seen them in T.V. and only heard what others have told you, And yet you will more than likely to not ever meet in them person in your life. The question that come to mind is Do you really know them? If the answer is no, then why are you voting? This will bring you to the question, Why are you voting for someone who you do not know? Sure everybody has their reasons according to him or her. Some of them are good or very good reasons and some them are bad or very bad reasons. There are some that are just opinions and nothing more. Do we even ask the question can that person be trustworthy? Are we missing the big picture here? Why vote for a system that has not been corrected or wont fix it self right?

What are you thoughts on this? Please leave religion out of this because it has nothing to do with religion. This is about you beliefs in GOD and nothing more.

#1 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Lord

Look, Christians have to vote in order to PREVENT the coming of the antichrist.......This has been explained time and time again by people in the 700 club

#2 Edited by King Saturn (224035 posts) - - Show Bio
if I recall correctly isn't in one of the holy texts that say we should obey the earthly authority that is over us because they are subject to God ? check out Hebrews 13:17 when you get a chance.
#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

What you're saying actually applies to everyone, not only those who believe in God.

#4 Posted by Jake Fury (18414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

What you're saying actually applies to everyone, not only those who believe in God.

What he said. What percentage of voters actually meet the candidates? This doesn't really have anything to do with your religious views.

#5 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

if I recall correctly isn't in one of the holy texts that say we should obey the earthly authority that is over us because they are subject to God ? check out Hebrews 13:17 when you get a chance.

Why you always knowin Bible verses?

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

For pity's sake! Why deprive them of the right to elect a human leader? They already lost the right to elect a god! And you think the Two-Party System sucks? Ha!

#7 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting for someone and believing in Gods 2 different things.

1. Voting for someone being the president is saying, you think that person would be the one to run the country....

2. God has nothing to do with this world being in the mess that its in... Humans do.... God even said in the bible times would be bad tords when its getting close to the end of times.... Like Wars, Starvation...etc which is what we've been having for the last 10 years or so.

#8 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: He was talking about the servants of GOD that rule over you. Because you are a servant to them. Therefore if you server them then you also server GOD. He just reassuring Hebrews 13:7

#9 Edited by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury: This not about religion views. This about your beliefs and nothing more. Leave religion out of this. It has nothing to do with this. I should put that in the Op.

@Xanni15: No, it applies to those who believe in GOD and not those who does not believe in GOD.

@ssejllenrad: That very same human leader probably stands against GOD and they don't know it.

They already elect a god when they choose GOD himself. So they did not lost the right to elect a god.

@TERMINATORXX: "Voting for someone and believing in Gods 2 different things."

No they are not. You could be voting for someone who does not believe in GOD. You are voting for someone who you do not know and they could be another puppet in the system. What if they believe in another god? If they did, then that means voting for them is also voting for their god instead of GOD.

1. Voting for someone being the president is saying, you think that person would be the one to run the country....

You see that the thing, you think that person can run the country, but do you know? It is the question. That the problem I have with this.

I know GOD has nothing to do with this world being a mess the way it is. I never said that nor think that. I know all of that. But still why do you vote if you believe in GOD? The system does believe in GOD, in fact it is actually against him. Why do you think they assassinate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. They assassinated him for the same reason Martin Luther King Jr was trying to establish what GOD wanted to establish here in this country.

#10 Posted by pooty (11043 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

In that scripture they are not talking about the political or secular authorities. They are talking about the deacons, pastors, reverends of the church. A better scripture would be Matthew 22:17-22

@terry2012 said:

@King Saturn: He was talking about the servants of GOD that rule over you. Because you are a servant to them. Therefore if you server them then you also server GOD. He just reassuring Hebrews 13:7

Correct. Good catch.

#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@Jake Fury: This not about religion views. This about your beliefs and nothing more. Leave religion out of this. It has nothing to do with this. I should put that in the Op.

Wait, what? He didn't make this about religion, your entire original post did.

#12 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Thanks

@Xanni15: No it did not. I just didn't specify enough, which is my fault. I repent for it.

#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012:

Really?

@terry2012 said:

@Xanni15: No, it applies to those who believe in GOD and not those who does not believe in GOD.

#14 Edited by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Yes really. Just because I say If you believe in GOD does not always mean religion. It can also mean with out religion, which I'm referring to.

Believe in GOD and not Believe in GOD has nothing to do with religion. That is a mistake that everyone makes. You can believe in GOD without religion. It is very possible.

#15 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012:

Okay.

#16 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: What 700 club

#17 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Okay

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@White Mage: What 700 club

GASP! There is but ONE, 700 club...

#19 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: To be honest I never heard of the 700 club. That why I ask you. Laughing out loud

#20 Posted by superstay (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a weird feeling this thread is tapping on the "Lock Me Line" so I'm gonna get in before that post. Sorry but I don't fully understand the question? d?_?b

#21 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@White Mage: To be honest I never heard of the 700 club. That why I ask you. Laughing out loud

They talk about everything God.....and God-less

#22 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: No wonder I never heard of them. For someone who talks about GOD and GOD-Less I do not know if you would called yourself The 700 club. Thanks by the way.

#23 Posted by The Stegman (24017 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't vote

#24 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these threads.

#25 Edited by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: Why you say that? Because no one is flaming here nor not arguing, or bashing.

I'm saying if you believe in GOD then why do you vote. What are you reason as to why you vote.

#26 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I don't vote

Thank you for your honesty

#27 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: What white mage said

@White Mage:This

#28 Edited by superstay (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012:

I alway get that feeling whenever religion or any other serious topic come up. So far its good and calm though d^_^b

Sorry I'm not a Bible expert but is their a verse that says its wrong.

d?_?b

#29 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: Yeah, I had to take religion out of it. Otherwise you know the rest.

No one is, this why we continue to improve our selves. Not that I know of, but it does say something about the system failing.

#30 Posted by pooty (11043 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@superstay: Why you say that? Because no one is flaming here nor not arguing, or bashing.

I'm saying if you believe in GOD then why do you vote. What are you reason as to why you vote.

God is the ultimate solution(at least to people who believe in him). But that does not mean that we shouldn't make our lives as nice as possible now. If a political candidate seems like he can help improve your life right now, why not vote for them. The Bible says "pay caesar's things to caesar but god's things to god". that shows you can do both without interfering in the other. so even if you believe in god to solve your problems ultimately, there is nothing wrong with voting for a person who can help you now.

@superstay: Sorry I'm not a Bible expert but is their a verse that says its wrong

there is nothing in the bible talking about voting. I don't think democracy was around at that time. you were born into power or something similar. but i don't recall a voting system like we have today. i'm not sure though.

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24882 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're a deist you believe that God wants us to handle our own s**t instead of begging him to do everything for us and voting would be considered part of us handling said s**t.

#32 Posted by superstay (9730 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Oh well I believe in God and I'm voting (May I add because it's my first year as a adult)

@pooty: Yeah back then they had Royal Families (Atleast other cultures did).

d^_^b

#33 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: If I'm not mistaking, did they not vote on whether Jesus should be set free or not.

"If a political candidate seems like he can help improve your life right now, why not vote for them."

That just it, it seems they can, but can they is the question. Why not vote for them. For the some reason that almost every president has done the same as before. For the same reason why after each president you find nothing but disappointment. For the same reason why his party got him and now they don't want to even help him. And they make laws which is said that he rule over you.

#34 Edited by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: If that case then what have we proven?

@superstay: I believe in GOD too. And I only voted because I said to myself that I was only going to give it a try. I did and I still see no change of the system. I keep hearing that the presidents is a puppet on a string. I do not know if this is true. All I know is we are going to get the same thing like we did for the past 22 years; is half promises and the other half not met. Oh and Congratulation on being adult.

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24882 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Nothing really but I honestly don't believe the entity in charge of the entire universe has the time to oversee the minor details of our lives nor do I believe a being capable of doing that job would have such a low self esteem that he'd need the blind admiration to the point where he'd torture you forever for not constantly telling you how great he is.

#36 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Okay

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24882 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Just because you believe in God doesn't mean Judeo-Christian God, there are many religions out there, some with rules to govern every aspect of your life, some with barely any rules at all and every where in between. I hate when people say God and automatically assume everyone takes that to mean Christian god despite the fact that there are thousands of other religions in existence. Christianity isn't even the biggest religion, top 5 at best.

#38 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

When I say GOD it mean the Christian GOD. I do not denied any other religions. The reason why people think that is because of the conversation they had with the person or persons. And this is not about religion anyway. I left that out for a very good reason. When I say GOD I only claim one GOD and that is JEHOVAH. All the others gods I do not claim. Anybody that talk to me knows I only speak of the Christian GOD and no other.

#39 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote because P-Diddy said "vote or die" and I don't want to die. :-)

But seriously, I don't see what believing in god, any god, has to do with voting.

I vote, because without any form of government we would be in anarchy and have no laws that govern us and protect our god given rights, as human beings, to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And my government just happens to be a republic in which we, the people, vote on various leaders in various levels of government that, ideally, best support our interests. And until a better form of leadership on such a great scale comes along, I will continue to do so.

#40 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: "I vote because P-Diddy said "vote or die" and I don't want to die. :-)"

Laughing out Loud, And obviously P-Diddy was wrong. Because there is a lot of people that didn't vote did not die Laughing out loud.

But seriously, I understand where you are coming from.

#41 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Ok... I have NO IDEA what you are trying to prove or ask.. or anything really? Maybe it's the way you write or the way i'm reading what you write, but it's really confusing.

Are you saying God will correct everything for us so there is no point in voting or??? What exactly? Are you trying to point a flaw in religion or God or are you really saying this because this is what you truly believe?

#42 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I think he is asking the question that if you believe in god then why vote, because of your soul being in heaven for eternity, the afterlife's rewards to the just and such. And if you do vote then why.

#43 Posted by YoungJustice (6800 posts) - - Show Bio

We should have a Religion Forum.

#44 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I'm asking your thoughts on if you believe in GOD then why do you vote? I mean because the people that get voting in only do half of what they say. Yes I'm saying GOD will correct everything for us. But is there is no point in voting? maybe or maybe not. What exactly I'm asking is why do you vote for someone who you do not know? No I'm not trying to point a flaw in religion. This is not about religion as I said in the Op. Because I do not want anybody flaming, arguing, or bashing each other. Yes this what I truly believe

#45 Edited by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: There is no need for it. Because a lot of them would get lock.

#46 Posted by terry2012 (5099 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Good question.

"I don't know dude, this was a really strange question and I hope you don't truly believe God will and does do everything for you. I mean... if there is a God, i'm sure he didn't create us just to plan out and map everything we do for our benefit. If that were true, the world would be a perfect place, and I can assure you, it isn't."

Did you even read the bible? Did you hear about his perfect will for us?Because I can assure you he did plan out and map everything for us, but it isn't for our benefit, it is his benefit. The world is not a better place because we are dealing with evil, and ignorance. You not rule that out. And beside there is still a war going on, can rule that out either. Hypothetical speaking. But I do understand where you are coming from.

#47 Posted by pooty (11043 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@pooty: If I'm not mistaking, did they not vote on whether Jesus should be set free or not.

"If a political candidate seems like he can help improve your life right now, why not vote for them."

That just it, it seems they can, but can they is the question. Why not vote for them. For the some reason that almost every president has done the same as before. For the same reason why after each president you find nothing but disappointment. For the same reason why his party got him and now they don't want to even help him. And they make laws which is said that he rule over you.

That was a mock vote. People were chanting and yelling. It's not like he counted every person and asked their personal opinion. Also, the final decision was Pilates. Regardless of what the crowd said, it was solely his decision to make. Even though the crowd wanted Jesus dead, Pilate was going to beat him then release him. He gave into peer pressure not a voting process. plus that was destiny

Also, politicians are NOT pure evil. many people, ourselves included, lie, steal, cheat, commit adultery, fornicate, gluttony. Who are we to judge? And many presidents have helped. when I got laid off of work, Obama allowed unemployment compensation to go WAY WAY longer then it usually does. it gave me a chance to get back on my feet. Also, you say we don't know the candidates? Do we know God? Have we heard his voice or seen him? How do we know the Bible is true? Are those really his words? God ask that we have faith in him. I see no reason not to have faith in humans also.

#48 Posted by 47Taskmaster47 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not vote.

#49 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in the UK and they are actually thinking of implementing a new law which requires everyone to vote or get fined. I personally have never voted and never would because i do not agree with man made laws (might get lots of heat off this) either way by voting i would be agreeing that i think man made laws are the way forward which i dont agree with because they change all the time which proves its imperfection.

#50 Edited by King Saturn (224035 posts) - - Show Bio
@terry2012 said:

@pooty said:

@King Saturn said:

In that scripture they are not talking about the political or secular authorities. They are talking about the deacons, pastors, reverends of the church. A better scripture would be Matthew 22:17-22

Correct... and if the earthly authority asks you to go out and vote ( as many churches do ) should you not listen to these deacons or preachers who supposedly are subject to God and are spiritual leaders ?