if killing wasn't forbidden or illegal, would u do it?

• 92 results
funckygarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i mean if you weren't restrained by rules, laws, morals or religion, would you do it? because sometimes people piss you off to the point where you want them gone, but you stop and think about it because you were raised with the principle that killing is wrong.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

This should probably be in Off Topic.

As for the topic, nope, I wouldn't do it. I have no desire to do it now, nor do I have anger issues like Gambler so killing never enters my mind.

funckygarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By funckygarcon
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funckygarcon: Do you have trouble controlling your rage and often find yourself wishing you were Dexter Morgan? Or maybe your temper gets the best of you and a few ants bared the brunt of those frustrations?

funckygarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: lol, nope, i'm actually a very sane and calm person, maybe very peaceful too, i was just suggesting the possibility of that happening (cancelling rules, conscience and religion) and how would it affect us. it was just a topic to know how people think.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

No, it'd be ridiculous to just be like "I don't like this guy, so I'm gonna kill him." Plus, you're going to have consequences for killing someone if everyone's allowed to do it freely. Who says that this dude doesn't have a family that'll want to kill you afterwords?

Things would get too crazy, and I imagine there'd be a ton of revenge kills and pointless shootouts.

funckygarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: i freaking like your reply, you thought it through and gave it time, then came up with consequences guaranteed to happen. kudos for you

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

If I could get away with it, the beltway would be LITTERED with bodies during rush hour.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know, maybe, I am very emotionless, so I probably wouldn't even care if I did.

funckygarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: in my scenario, not only would u get away with it, but it's totally fine and law enforced, lol

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Same as now, I would kill in order to protect my family.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SC  Moderator

People are born with inherent qualities that are often defined as morality. Empathy, intelligence, reciprocity. You can't really remove morality from a person, not without removing certain traits that are also a sign of healthy mental/emotional development. You can have people without great empathy, intelligence etc but never complete absence. So you actually don't have to be raised to think killing is wrong, many can sort of get that its wrong without good reason/motivation. Different societies have even been categorized as far as their moral scale based on their various development/practices and so on.

Anyway point is one shouldn't kill for when they do they make themselves vulnerable to be killed too. If A1 pisses off A2 and A2 finds that good grounds to kill A1, then unless A2 is never going to piss off anyone, they just established their own lives value as well as another's effectively signing the death sentence for both. With such an attitude you basically shoot yourself in the foot. Thats just one reason not to kill people based on emotion. There are a lot more of course.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By 2chimcha3

No way, but If I was ever in a situation where I killing was my last resort and the person was absolute evil person that really doesn't deserve to live, I think I could do it. I would never be able to do unnecessary killing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Hell no.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@sc:There's a certain mutually assured destruction to the "I'll just kill anyone I like" philosophy.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id avoid it anyway, there would certainly be people seeking retribution if I did.. However I guess theres a rare few that would be worth it anyway, lets say someone seriously hurting someone I care about.

Animal abusers and rapists would be quick to go.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Veshark

Nope. Taking a life is something that you can't take back, and I don't think I could have something like that on my conscience.

Also, I doubt most here could stomach the actual task of murder. Hell, five minutes of a rat dissection in biology class and I was already uncomfortable.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I wouldn't.

@sc said:

People are born with inherent qualities that are often defined as morality. Empathy, intelligence, reciprocity. You can't really remove morality from a person, not without removing certain traits that are also a sign of healthy mental/emotional development. You can have people without great empathy, intelligence etc but never complete absence. So you actually don't have to be raised to think killing is wrong, many can sort of get that its wrong without good reason/motivation. Different societies have even been categorized as far as their moral scale based on their various development/practices and so on.

Anyway point is one shouldn't kill for when they do they make themselves vulnerable to be killed too. If A1 pisses off A2 and A2 finds that good grounds to kill A1, then unless A2 is never going to piss off anyone, they just established their own lives value as well as another's effectively signing the death sentence for both. With such an attitude you basically shoot yourself in the foot. Thats just one reason not to kill people based on emotion. There are a lot more of course.

I read your post and as usual had to respond to it :P

If we didn't exist in the society we do now,where we don't have to kill to stay alive,but if we did.I suppose what I am asking is are there any situations where you would kill?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Absolutely.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Totally. I'd wear a mini skirt and a wig, pretend everyone are zombies and go Chainsaw Lollipop.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SC  Moderator

@mrdecepticonleader said:

If we didn't exist in the society we do now,where we don't have to kill to stay alive,but if we did.I suppose what I am asking is are there any situations where you would kill?

You mean like if I lived 3000 years ago? Sure, I would be pretty different, without a good library I would be pretty ignorant, and so I would be a savage warrior with poor hygiene, awesome weapons and multiple wenches. I would kill any who insulted me or my harem's honor sending them to met whatever god I believed in at the time. For Proto Odin!!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Yes. But not out of acts of rage/annoyance. Vigilanteism would be tempting, however.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

You mean like if I lived 3000 years ago? Sure, I would be pretty different, without a good library I would be pretty ignorant, and so I would be a savage warrior with poor hygiene, awesome weapons and multiple wenches. I would kill any who insulted me or my harem's honor sending them to met whatever god I believed in at the time. For Proto Odin!!

Ha ha ha ha

No I meant say if you lived in an apocalyptic type of place where the world and society as we know it has gone.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bodies everywhere.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

No-one who didn't deserve it

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deadpoolrules

If killing was allowed,there wouldn't be a single human alive.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Xanni15
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpoolrules said:

If killing was allowed,there wouldn't be a single human alive.

I think people would get bored of it, you know nobody wants to be the last person on Earth.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By consolemaster001

There'd be no one left ...

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

No, only of defense, an extreme case

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way you asked this question everyone's answer should be yes. The main reason is that even if it wasn't against the law to commit murder we would still hesitate to do it because of our morals but you decided to say we wouldn't have morals either.

Without morals we would be eating each other in a heart beat and would kill just for the sake of killing. Anyone who thinks that they wouldn't is pretty much kidding themselves because when it comes down to it we are all killers (natures perfect killers)

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Maybe... >.>

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

I would only kill in self defense or to protect my loved ones.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'd kill the scum of the Earth.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No WTF!?

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd only kill under special circumstances whether it was legal or not.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lorbo

@funckygarcon:

Interesting original post. In my evolving fictional story, the aliens don't even have conscience nor do they feel regret. But they STILL have morality. Simply because they view it as more logical when it comes to their species survival.

Killing is allowed in duels that are really only mock duels. They are the last resort when you you cannot put up with someone any longer. Yet the government keeps the duels secret to the public. What really happens is they are both given the chance to call the fight off. If one of them objects, that person is summarily banished off the planet. Same goes if they both object.

Which results in a sizable number of refugees from the planet on other worlds.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way you asked this question everyone's answer should be yes. The main reason is that even if it wasn't against the law to commit murder we would still hesitate to do it because of our morals but you decided to say we wouldn't have morals either.

Without morals we would be eating each other in a heart beat and would kill just for the sake of killing. Anyone who thinks that they wouldn't is pretty much kidding themselves because when it comes down to it we are all killers (natures perfect killers)

But then there is logic. Logic sometime dictates not to kill. Especially if the person is more valuable alive. Even animals are smart enough for that.

That's why big fish have little ones they can eat for allies at times.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rolldestroyer

nope

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@sc said:

You forget. Killing is just Human Taboo. In the wild animals don't give 2 damns. Go to Africa with some Native tribes and they probably feel the same. Only society these days frowns upon killing ( For good reason ) But yes, Killing is part of nature. And the only reason it is not down all the time is beacuse of modern Society.

Wait...

I sound crazy.

o_o

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostofOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

No, it'd be ridiculous to just be like "I don't like this guy, so I'm gonna kill him." Plus, you're going to have consequences for killing someone if everyone's allowed to do it freely. Who says that this dude doesn't have a family that'll want to kill you afterwords?

Things would get too crazy, and I imagine there'd be a ton of revenge kills and pointless shootouts.

This

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend is in the army and he told me about the first time he killed someone. He said at the time he felt sick to the stomach and could barely breathe. Later on he said that he had nightmares for nights on end and could rarely sleep. I think I'll pass on the killing and stuff and leave it for the zombie apocalypse :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

Well, I'd like to say "no, only in self defense" but if killing was NEVER illegal or frowned upon; if all societies from the beginning of time had apathy toward it...I wouldn't know how I would turn out, would I even be the same person I am now? The world would be fundamentally changed.

But, if you're asking if a law was passed tomorrow that made killing legal, then no, I wouldn't do it.

Time_To_Play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Time_To_Play

Nope. Still wouldn't do it. I don't believe in killing. I have done crazy things, but I would never, ever go that far.

Edit: Only If it was self defence. I would never kill just to kill even if it was legal.

Avatar image for cromcruach2ndaccount
CromCruach2ndaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, killing is wrong. I would never do unless I had no other choice and even then I would try to find and alternative.

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By Leon_Dissada

yes. but only those who decide to go after me or my friends

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers