If fate offered you a ONE time chance to be a Comic Book Writer or Video Game Tester for permanently, which would you choose?

• 74 results
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If fate offered you a ONE time chance to be a Comic Book Writer or Video Game Tester for permanently, which would you choose? (93 votes)

Comic book writer or Artist(depending what you can do) hands down!! 61%
Video Game tester or writer for any game/company of your choice hands down!! 35%
I'd reject both, even if it was a one time opportunity of a lifetime. Neither is for me. 3%

So which would you choose?So, which would you choose or neither? Most of us are comic geeks and/or gamers on here so which would you do?

• 
PotatoOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By PotatoOfDoom

Video Game tester.

I'm too biased to write a comic book. T_T

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd write a mean comic.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Tester. More passionate about games and I don't really have much talent when it comes to writing/art.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video Game tester.

Props for being honest lol. Some would say professional writers tend to be biased half the time anyway lol.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I love escaping my shi++y reality by writing about men in tights fighting crime.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Writer.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

Comic book writer.

Because being a video game tester is one of the most boring jobs you can get.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Writer. I got some good ideas

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Video Game tester.

biased comic books are the most interesting to read

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Tester. I'd love to write comics, but my writing sucks. I'm better at coming up with ideas than actually writing.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Writer, there's some stuff Ive always wanted to write.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Writer, To actually have the spark to one day have a chance to write Superman is good enough for me.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Neither

I think if I was a CV writer I'de get nervous I was writing awful stuff, rip offs, and not making fans. Also the presure to always create ideas would make me kidnap Calliope

I'de break every game

Gaza_Stripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic writer.... Even though I'm a better artist than a writer. Drawing comics is a pain in the ass. I hate drawing buildings and cars and back grounds.... Can I pick colorist?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Writer.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't know if I'd be good at it, but I'd be happy to try writing comics, and maybe drawing if I improve my skills, or if characters drawn like the Powerpuff Girls was required.

... I suppose that could mean I could make Powerpuff Girls comics.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither-I would like the possibility of change, no matter the job.

NeonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love escaping my shi++y reality by writing about men in tights fighting crime.

kinky

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saint_rog_el said:

kinky

You dont even know, it makes 50 shades of grey seem like heavy petting.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Writer.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By Samimista

Video game writer since that's included in the poll.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've tested video games, it's horrible and makes you hate the game after. You are playing beta games, broken games and trying to find bugs by doing the stupidest things ever..pause 1 second in then quit...2 seconds...3 seconds, 4... and so on and so on.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Writer.

I'm not very good at fixing machines or consoles and I've been writing fan fictions for many years, so I would definitely be a writer since I can come up with many different ideas for the series I'm working on!

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already write comics and I don't play video games anymore.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man! I wish i were a writer, not only for comic books, but also high fantasy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I change my mind Comic Book Writer.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game tester..Pretty sure you wouldn't want to wind up as the next Dan Slott or someone else if people take poorly to your writing

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Game tester..Pretty sure you wouldn't want to wind up as the next Dan Slott or someone else if people take poorly to your writing

Ah yes, the death threats...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't play video games so I'm sure I'd make a horrible tester. Guess I'd go with writer. May be less horrible at that?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CB writer. The older I get video games just become more & more boring.My drawing is 6/10 at best,all cockiness aside I can write one hell of a Danny Rand.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Deadite

Both..why can't I have both...*crawl into fetal position*

Not enough time, and I would choose writing novels and short stories over either of those, anyway.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By frozenedge2

I get distracted too easily playing a video game especially open world ones to actually finish the game on a scheduled time. I'd probably do pretty well as a writer. Wouldn't mind writing the X-Men, Secret Avengers, Teen Titans, Red Hood and the Outlaws, maybe even a new Venom if I could come up with some good ideas for him

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id be a video game tester for sure, video games has always been my passion since I was a wee girl. Comics is more a recent fling for me.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video Game tester/writer. So many ideas for a lot of games.

I get distracted too easily playing a video game especially open world ones to actually finish the game on a scheduled time. I'd probably do pretty well as a writer. Wouldn't mind writing the X-Men, Secret Avengers, Teen Titans, Red Hood and the Outlaws, maybe even a new Venom if I could come up with some good ideas for him

That's the sign of a good gamer. :)

And the choices say Game Tester/writer so you can write for games.

Xaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xaa

@nelomaxwell: Oh coollll you write for DC or the Marvel Universe or fun like me?????

I choose the game one

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vaeternus

@gambit474 said:

You're kidding, death threats? I thought people hated that other guy, Loeb or whatever his name is lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Figures lol. Sometimes game writers do dumb things too but not compared to comic book ones lol, I hear that guy loeb is biased and hates Batman or Superman, someone lol I forget.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are botH cHoices equal in pay and benefits?

-ABstract4$$#073-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Figures lol. Sometimes game writers do dumb things too but not compared to comic book ones lol, I hear that guy loeb is biased and hates Batman or Superman, someone lol I forget.

I think it's Superman Loeb hates. Same with Miller.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Writer.

Being a tester is a miserable job. I'd drive myself insane, really not the job for me.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus said:

I think it's Superman Loeb hates. Same with Miller.

Ahh knew it was one of them lol. Thanks.

@revamp said:

Writer.

Being a tester is a miserable job. I'd drive myself insane, really not the job for me.

Not much of a gamer eh? All good, I think both jobs could have pros and cons. Like for example, comic writer you'll ALWAYS have some fans not pleased with how you write a character. Like what yourneighborhoodcomicgeek and I are referring to with Miller and Loeb. A lot of fans on here hate both lol.

Yet with a gaming tester, if you don't catch all the bugs the buyer will bash you for it like "omg did they even test this game!?" but given how we have patches, updates now for games etc it's not quite as bad.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog said:

@gambit474 said:

You're kidding, death threats? I thought people hated that other guy, Loeb or whatever his name is lol

Nah Slott really did receive death threats..Loeb only pissed people off mostly because of the Hulk but Slott was responsible for all the Superior Spider-man stuff that sent people off the deep end

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog said:

@gambit474 said:

I've self published and I wrote for an indie company called Advent comics.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to be a writer.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

How much does each make.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vaeternus

@nelomaxwell said:

@vaeternus said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@gambit474 said:

I've self published and I wrote for an indie company called Advent comics.

Huh?

Edit: just realized this guy asked, @xaa I was wondering what you meant with Advent. ^ ^ ^I think I've heard of Advent, I have a few stories from Avatar.

@vaeternus said:
@rabbitearsblog said:
@gambit474 said:

Nah Slott really did receive death threats..Loeb only pissed people off mostly because of the Hulk but Slott was responsible for all the Superior Spider-man stuff that sent people off the deep end

That's nuts, like Michael Bay for Transformers. Loeb apparently someone just told me that some DC fans aren't fond of him either for certain Superman stories. Interesting.

@ultrastarkiller said:

How much does each make.

Depends, if you're writing for a noname company I'm sure you'll make alot less then writing for DC or Marvel. For Video game tester, decent but the bigger the company and game the more you'll make. I'm a pro MK player, but not a tester although some players I've played and competed with online have been testers for MK and other fighters. Unless it's a permanent position though, it may not be consistent.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@gambit474 said:

That's nuts, like Michael Bay for Transformers. Loeb apparently someone just told me that some DC fans aren't fond of him either for certain Superman stories. Interesting.

How much does each make.

Depends, if you're writing for a noname company I'm sure you'll make alot less then writing for DC or Marvel. For Video game tester, decent but the bigger the company and game the more you'll make. I'm a pro MK player, but not a tester although some players I've played and competed with online have been testers for MK and other fighters. Unless it's a permanent position though, it may not be consistent.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@vaeternus: Yeah, but you're only looking at one particular aspect of it. The actual process of testing a game is bad, you have to explore every nook and cranny of a level, trying to break the game. Its not like you're getting played to just play through the game and check the mechanics, your job is essentially to break the game in any way you can. Its a lot of tedious work. I'm sure some who have a deep appreciation for video games would enjoy it, but myself, even though I do love playing video games, would not want that as a job.