#1 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

So umm yeah.

Based on what you've seen on the Vine, what do you think most people's religious beliefs are? What religious beliefs do you think are the most vocalized on the site? And how do you think Comicvine compares to where you live, and the world as a whole?

I considered posting this on the Religion, what do you think thread. However, I think these question deviate enough to warrant its own thread. However, if higher powers disagree (i.e Mods), then I'm fine with it being locked.

As these questions are based more on observation based than some other religious threads, I hope the risk of strife will be reduced. If such a thing happens though, I'm more than okay with requesting for a thread lock........

So, shoot away viners...........

#2 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk why in the heck I'm here

but CV would be an arrogant jerk, regardless what it believe(Theist or Atheist)

#3 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio

Bipolar.

#6 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

I think most people are atheist....

I think.....

#8 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26967 posts) - - Show Bio

Every since what happen in that other religion thread I made a vow to stay out of these discussions,but based on what I have observed I think majority of Comicvine users Theist. I could be wrong but this is just from my observation of the matter and seeing as how I have been in many religion discussions on this site,I think my opinion is not far off.

#9 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

And while we're on topic of things I've never had a good experience with during internet discussions, we could discuss what politics it would have...

I think most people on site would be atheist, since that tends to be my experience in general on the internet and since I've only been here for a short time. I live on a college campus in the US, which actually means a pretty even split between what are mainly Christians and Atheists (the largest percentage of any Christian denomination I believe is currently Catholic, though I could be wrong).

As a whole, the world is about 1/3 Christian, 1/4 Muslim, and about 1/6 Hindu, with Buddhist coming up in 4th (in terms of religion and unofficial things. Official about 1/4 of the world is Atheist due to Chinese Policies), so I'd say this site compares differently to those stats from what I've seen.

In the case of what the site would be, Buddhist. The Vine definitely believes in Reincarnating old threads...

#10 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5296 posts) - - Show Bio

I've noticed most are either Christian or Atheist...so if ComicVine were a person, it would be Agnostic.

#11 Posted by mikethekiller (8489 posts) - - Show Bio

If CV was a person they'd probably be agnostic or a deist. CV would also probably be batsh** crazy.

#12 Posted by nickthedevil (13966 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only here for the imminent lulz

#13 Edited by nick_hero22 (7273 posts) - - Show Bio

Agnosticism

#14 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only here for the imminent lulz

Well so far so good (Well bad in your case XD)

#15 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanatic christians.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24757 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Pastafarian, that is the one with the flying spaghetti monster right?

#17 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18731 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea. Maybe an atheist because you are actually allowed to discuss your views on religion and are not automatically expected to respect a particular persons religious belief over another persons opinion, religion does not take province over other view points.

Not saying that all religious people expect a person to censor their opinions on religion if it does not fit with their own but I have seen that mentality a fair bit and I have seen atheist/non religious people/places on the net more open to discussion and opinion as opposed to censoring such views. So its nice we dont have that here.

So it would have no faith since atheism is not a faith, have argued that quite a few times on here believe it or not.

#18 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Pastafarian, that is the one with the flying spaghetti monster right?

LOL

#19 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#20 Edited by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Technically buddhism is no longer a religion and more a philosophy.

#21 Posted by ColonelRunAway (363 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it'd be found in the fetal position in the corner of a log cabin in West Virginia, illuminated only by the moonlight that would seep through the cracks in the roof and reflect off the jars of urine lining the walls.

This would also reveal the hundreds pages that had originally formed a manifesto detailing Comicvine's god given quest to save the nation from President Osama and the queer thoughts he'd planted in CV's mind, but were unintelligible even then, before they'd been scattered across the floor, shredded by CV's eight inch toenails, and used as toilet paper. Only not always in that order, and without any actual toilet.

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it'd be found in the fetal position in the corner of a log cabin in West Virginia, illuminated only by the moonlight that would seep through the cracks in the roof and reflect off the jars of urine lining the walls.

This would also reveal the hundreds pages that had originally formed a manifesto detailing Comicvine's god given quest to save the nation from President Osama and the queer thoughts he'd planted in CV's mind, but were unintelligible even then, before they'd been scattered across the floor, shredded by CV's eight inch toenails, and used as toilet paper. Only not always in that order, and without any actual toilet.

#23 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

Followed

#24 Posted by OptimusPalm (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

And yes, it is.

#25 Posted by King Saturn (225159 posts) - - Show Bio

Agnostic Deist

#26 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine would be a dog that is obsessed with its own genitalia and likes to mount inanimate objects; it wouldn't have a religious leaning.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine would be a dog that is obsessed with its own genitalia and likes to mount inanimate objects; it wouldn't have a religious leaning.

LOL

#28 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

A comic book geek, conveyer of nerdism.

#29 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

religion=ignorance

atheism=ignorance

why are people so stupid?

#30 Edited by Pop123 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I think most people are atheist....

I think.....

A lot of people believe in god when it suits them. That is a fact. :)

#31 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Christian and a studier of Slavic Mythology.

#32 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18731 posts) - - Show Bio

religion=ignorance

atheism=ignorance

why are people so stupid?

wha?

#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Satanic.

#35 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

A loser who is an ass to anyone that doesn't share his opinion.

I'm looking at about 90% of you CV.

#36 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

B.M.B?

L.F

#37 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk why in the heck I'm here

but CV would be an arrogant jerk, regardless what it believe(Theist or Atheist)

Truth

#38 Edited by The Poet (8169 posts) - - Show Bio

G-manism

#39 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_poet said:

G-manism

Probably more Babs-Manism, on account of her departure........

#40 Posted by GhostRavage (9468 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAAism and Presenceism on the most part...

#41 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

Faith on science and aholes that talk about pseudo science with messiah complex.

Also many peopel here confuse religion with faith.

I like confusing fire with burn.

#42 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

...Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that's a bad way to live? I hope not, because then I'd have to evaluate my life... again.

#43 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be schizophrenic, with tons of different personalities.

#44 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAAism and Presenceism on the most part...

There's a small percentage of MoMism too.