If Big and Pac had lived?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What would rap, music and the world be like if these two titans had survived their fatal shootings?

I for one think rap would have more meaning thanks to Pac and better lyrical content thanks to Big.

I think Rap would also be viewed in a better light around the world, not just as entertainment but as a tool for addressing the ills of society, but with more media coverage.

I think a lot of the people who rap now would not be rapping and I think Rock music would still be big because Pac and Big wouldn't let their work get too commercial, so it wouldn't pander and become poppy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Who knows..to be honest, I don't really like either of their music. Ice Cube was a better West Coast rapper than Pac, Jay-Z is a better East Coast rapper than B.I.G.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Rap wouldn't be rubbish because of their influence.

Who knows..to be honest, I don't really like either of their music. Ice Cube was a better West Coast rapper than Pac, Jay-Z is a better East Coast rapper than B.I.G.

Ice Cube was awesome but I wouldn't say he was better than Tupac. Tupac had more heart and Ice Cube was the definition of aggressive. I do personally prefer Ice Cube though. Best disser in hip hop to date IMO.

Jay-Z is good but I always did like B.I.G. exponentially more than him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

Ice Cube was awesome but I wouldn't say he was better than Tupac. Tupac had more heart and Ice Cube was the definition of aggressive. I do personally prefer Ice Cube though. Best disser in hip hop to date IMO.

Okay, I shouldn't say ''better'' more like, I enjoy Cube's music more, especially his work with NWA. As for Jay-Z, I DO think he's a better rapper, his verses are more clever, his flows are sick and he knows how to make unique beats.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always loved the idea of Notorious BIG and Big L living and possibly forming a team together... they really don't need Jay-Z as Notorious BIG is just a better Jay-Z lyrically anyways... though the idea of a track with Notorious BIG, Big L and DMX ( circa 1998 ) sounds absolutely awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@the_stegman said:

Okay, I shouldn't say ''better'' more like, I enjoy Cube's music more, especially his work with NWA. As for Jay-Z, I DO think he's a better rapper, his verses are more clever, his flows are sick and he knows how to make unique beats.

N.W.A was probably one of the best rap groups of all time. My favorite in my opinion. Ice Cube and Eazy-E were sick. Dr.Dre wasn't too shabby, and MC Ren was highly underrated.

I don't know why but I never could get into Jay-Z. Probably because I listened to Nas more and when Nas wrecked Jay-Z in "Ether", I lost interest.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They would sell out and act in movies.......... I don't know?

Fredrick_Helix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hologram technology wouldn't be as popular.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Blood_Red_Rage

I would agree in some regards. The garbage that is YMCMB wouldn't exist.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would agree in some regards. The garbage that is YMCMB wouldn't exist.

Yeah and there'd be no 2 CHAINZZZ!!!

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Idk. I'd like to think a lot of the stuff i perceive as garbage rap and fashion and all that sh-t might not exist.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I agree with Hov being better then B.I.G.; his wordplay and cleverness with his rhymes are above B.I.G.

As far as for Cube and Pac it's pretty close imo.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean, lived and their lives no longer in danger? Because surviving wouldn't have stopped the bad blood.

Either way, I think had they lived and things settled, there would a different scene altogether and rap would have been taken seriously more quickly, as in mainstream.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

You mean, lived and their lives no longer in danger? Because surviving wouldn't have stopped the bad blood.

Either way, I think had they lived and things settled, there would a different scene altogether and rap would have been taken seriously more quickly, as in mainstream.

They actually didn't have as bad of blood as everyone thought. On an interview with Sway, Pac was asked about his , at the time, encounters with Big and he said that I'm not angry all the time, sometimes I just want there to be peace. Big was no where near as vehement as Pac was on the beef front.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly a lot of mc's would not have been able to shine like they are now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They unfortunately needed to die so that rap/hip hop can be where it is today in terms of popularity.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They unfortunately needed to die so that rap/hip hop can be where it is today in terms of popularity.

This seems to be true.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell:

I believe that, actually. Makes it even more sad.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is true, but messed up at the same time...................

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly do not know the difference between west and east coast rapping.

Date_Masamune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Date_Masamune

Their wouldn't be any wack rappers like 2 chainz, Lil Wayne would cease to exist, Jay Z wouldn't have stole lyrics from Big.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I think it is a big what if... almost too difficult to truly guess.

Would anyone guess NWA Ice Cube would be making a kid friendly movie, "Are We There Yet."

Would anyone guess that Snoop Doggy Dogg would be making reggae music?

I think it would definitely be totally different if Tupac and Biggie survived. Whats to say if they both survived that there wouldn't be more "retaliations."

I'd like to think Tupac would have been an activist like Immortal Technique, respected like NaS or eM, and making movies like Will or LL.

I think Biggie would have been respected as Jay-Z, Rakim, or Big Daddy Kane. I see him as honestly sticking with Hip Hop.

I think a lot of doodes would be out of a job.

( + )

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If they were still alive alot of mc's would not be where they are today trust me Kendrick Lamar would not even be a thing

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never really cared for Big or Tupac.