#1 Edited by Jayc1324 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

You are a street level superhero. Around Batman's power level.

Would you keep your identity secret to protect your loved ones or let your identity out and bask in the fame? Why?

#2 Edited by Black_Arrow (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Because I am just still a normal human.

#3 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

No one must know who I really am... *puts on glasses and a hat*

#4 Posted by xlab3000 (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret.

#5 Edited by HumanRocket (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

I would keep it a secret BUT I would tell the person I trusted the most. It's always a good idea to at least have one person know my secret ID ID because it may come in handy if I need the person to cover for me while I'm out fighting crime or if I'm badly hurt and need their help to heal me.

#6 Edited by The_Deathstroker (7645 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret.

#7 Posted by The_Tree (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret. I need some peace and quiet after a long day of superheroing.

#8 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (24450 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret. The only ones who should have public identites are those with high levels of security, i.e, working for the government like SHIELD. OR those whose loved ones are also superheroes. IE, the Fantastic Four.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (42388 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the idea of hiding your identity to be an experience that would be pretty cool.

#11 Edited by MonsterStomp (18077 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret.

#12 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret always secret. Don't want people using my family.

#13 Posted by Cloakx14 (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret.

#14 Posted by Cloakx14 (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret.

#15 Edited by JetiiMitra (8641 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely secret, unless I'm like the Punisher and I'm only a vigilante because everyone I know died...

#16 Posted by russellmania77 (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

Super loud

#17 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10576 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how powerful I am, if Im Spiderman level- Secret if Im Superman level-public

#18 Posted by JulieDC (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides protecting family and need for privacy another reason I'd keep it a secret is just because if its public then society thinks it should be able to tell you how to use them, who to use them for, and they become very entitled and annoying. No thank you.

#19 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Because I am just still a normal human.

#20 Edited by Mediocregeist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how revealing your identity would be a good/safe idea at any time...

*puts on glasses and suit*

EDIT: Dammit, Yoker

#21 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret, except for maybe one friend.

#22 Edited by theodixon9 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

I would choose a secret identity but tell a few trustworthy people in case I need help.

#23 Posted by Toastergeist (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd try to keep it secret.

#24 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret

#25 Posted by StardustCrusader (471 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret, if I had Supes powerlevel, then I wouldn't really give a fudge.

#26 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17567 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty much would keep my identity secret unless I was powerful enough that no man made weapon would harm me.

#27 Posted by Stealth_Warrior (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Public.Tony Stark style.

#28 Edited by ComicStooge (12865 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was at least mid-tier, I'd go public.

I'd get so many chicks.

#29 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret, though I would let those closes to me know.

#30 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's lvl?

I'd hang up my cape and cowl there wouldn't be a need to go public or hide it.

#31 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

Public. All the more model chicks. The more the merrier.

#32 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if I'm at Batmans level then screw it, I'd go public.

#33 Posted by _Gaff_ (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

Public. Let them come at me.

#34 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret - It's easier to move in the shadows.

#35 Edited by Tohoma (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

Public anyone comes at my family and friends they'd know I'm coming after them.

#36 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2702 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's only street level then I would be secret.

#37 Posted by w0nd (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma said:

couldnt they use that against you and just like....snipe you when youre asleep or something

#38 Posted by Tohoma (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@tohoma said:

couldnt they use that against you and just like....snipe you when youre asleep or something

Actually it just depends on my powers now that I think about it. But even so as a public superhero I would make a lot of money from endorsements and I would simply have to invest in some high tech security.

#39 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma said:

@w0nd said:

@tohoma said:

Actually it just depends on my powers now that I think about it. But even so as a public superhero I would make a lot of money from endorsements and I would simply have to invest in some high tech security.

No high tech security will protect you from a devious mind who knows where to find you and hit you where it hurts the most.

#40 Edited by Tohoma (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordargeist: Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Booster Gold, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Steve Rogers, Reed Richards and his family and countless other public heroes seem to do fine so why can't I?

#41 Edited by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma said:

@overlordargeist: Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Booster Gold, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Steve Rogers, Reed Richards and his family and countless other public heroes seem to do fine so why can't I?

They are protected by plot armor. Real life, their family will dead if someone tries.

#42 Posted by Tohoma (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordargeist: Just like I said they are going to suffer a fate worse than death if they succeed in doing so. And besides realistically you couldn't have a secret identity anyway.

#43 Posted by Darling_Luna (4133 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd tell them my name as I posed

#44 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7862 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret, except for my wife. She needs to know where I'm going on a nightly basis!

#45 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret, except for my wife. She needs to know where I'm going on a nightly basis!

I don't know. Super Heroes with families constantly puts their family at risk and your wife will be constantly worried whether you will be able to come home at all.

For me its be a Hero and live alone or start a family and quit.

#46 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7862 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordargeist said:
@granitesoldier said:

I don't know. Super Heroes with families constantly puts their family at risk and your wife will be constantly worried whether you will be able to come home at all.

That's how it's portrayed in comics, but think about the enemies undercover agents, operatives, and even cops make and how often/randomly they get called away. It's only comics it's portrayed roughly, and even then there are examples like the Fantastic Four and even Peter and MJ made their marriage work fine for years. It was when he went public it went to hell.

Hell my job requires me to leave randomly as it is, and that hasn't jeopardized our marriage.

#47 Posted by Transformers1024 (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-registration...soooo secret!

#48 Edited by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordargeist said:
@granitesoldier said:

That's how it's portrayed in comics, but think about the enemies undercover agents, operatives, and even cops make and how often/randomly they get called away. It's only comics it's portrayed roughly, and even then there are examples like the Fantastic Four and even Peter and MJ made their marriage work fine for years. It was when he went public it went to hell.

Who went to public? Parker?

I have read Spiderman comics before and MJ is in constant worry over Peter whenever he went out for "Hero" time. IIRC, MJ and her unborn child was put into peril when Jackal's final command was executed.

#49 Edited by swordmasterD (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

in the words of Tony Stark "f~~k this I'm Iron Man"

but no mostly because Every time someone sees me I would never hear the end of it...