• 130 results
SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SodamYat

Do you guys have any ideas? Have you ever read of any?

I recently read about a program who purpose it is to end world hunger in the near future.

I forgot what its name was and i just remembered it right now because im watching "Son of the Congo" and it made me wonder if any of you all had ideas.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soylent Green.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nuke Africa.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summon Cthulhu.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SodamYat
Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Turn all the petroleum into bacon

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nuke Africa.

yes or just have them learn to properly find/domesticate a food source.... but you know theyve only had 1000s of years to do that

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wealth redistrubution...

Or people being less fu*ked up.

No Caption Provided
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Everyone tries to hard to be funny.

People could send more money to charities who provide food to people in poor countries.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Nuke Africa.

yes or just have them learn to properly find/domesticate a food source.... but you know theyve only had 1000s of years to do that

Ive read that india has a massive % of the worlds cattle population. foundations should invest in in agricultural stuff and maybe buy a large number of cattle and start farming and let the cattle reproduce. id think the governments should be responsible for the cattle distribution but ive heard they are very corrupt.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kgb725

@rpgesus: They are taking those steps now. There was a National Geographic article about how if they get it together it could feed them and the world because they might have the best soil in the world.

If the money that was spent on war went to world hunger we would've ended it by now

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: so they have possibly the best soil and its somehow on us to make sure they can feed themselves??? yet if we go into a country to try to help them liberals will scream "its not our place to interfere with other countries??!!?!1!!?"

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World hunger is not a problem of food, it's a problem of money. There is more than enough food, water, space and resources on the planet for everyone a couple times over. It's just that some people are destined to starve on the streets on the basis that they don't have the arbitrary amount of green paper necessary to survive.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Whoa there sir I said steps are being made so Africa can grow it's own food

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: you also said if we didnt spend money on wars the problem would be fixed as if its our problem to fix

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's simple. You put some seeds in the ground and let the rain come do it's job. Then after a little while, you come back and eat it.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait, i didnt know they have really good soil..so if they have that, then why dont they start farming like mad men?

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's simple. You put some seeds in the ground and let the rain come do it's job. Then after a little while, you come back and eat it.

No Caption Provided

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

food we don't eat should not get thrown out but given out

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uare: Well I hope an ambulance never comes for you the next time you get injured. That's natural selection for you.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By tensor

That sad world we live.There is no profit in to fight world hunger.

There is profit for starting a war.

People just do not care about other people that much.

I try to give to different charities every year no matter how small it is.

If people want to know how others feels try not even for a day.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eliminate corruption and import food.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Statistically speaking the entire world spent enough money on war to end it I probably should've cleared that one up

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it seems crazy though because in America alone, we have actors, football players, basketball players, baseball plays, CEO's and countless other people of different professions that give so much money to combat this cause and yet it seems nowhere near to being eradicated.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have seen the same commercials on TV since I was a kid talking about the same damn kids starving in Africa that's over 20 years of people sending money to charities with no idea where that money actually goes.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah its as if Africans are completely incompetent

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't have the money to feed dependents dont have kids. simple as that. soon the population will shrink and has resources will become less scarce.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Cannibalism. They're feeding themselves while slowly decreasing the hungry population.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely soylent green

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s1ckb0y said:

If you don't have the money to feed dependents dont have kids. simple as that. soon the population will shrink and has resources will become less scarce.

that also comes with educating people which i guess also falls under a money problem.

bill gates has given tons of money, i hope he finds a solution

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@sodamyat said:

give so much money to combat this cause and yet it seems nowhere near to being eradicated.

Lack of caring, laziness and greed are key players here. Why donate when you can keep your hard earned $$$?

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@s1ckb0y said:

that also comes with educating people which i guess also falls under a money problem.

Education is important. My parents always told me to wait until you can afford to support your kids before you have any. Many people don't get that.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s1ckb0y said:

@sodamyat said:

@s1ckb0y said:

Education is important. My parents always told me to wait until you can afford to support your kids before you have any. Many people don't get that.

my parents didnt teach me that but i was born in a 3rd world country and growing up my family struggled to provide me with what other kids had and i always said i wouldnt have kids till i could give them more than i had.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breastfeeding

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Make two sandwhiches every morning. Give one to the poorest person you see?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Make two sandwhiches every morning. Give one to the poorest person you see?

:) I like you

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: you know what.... that is the most down- to-earth, rational and effective idea i've seen in a while. if everyone did that the world would be a better place for sure!

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By algorhythm511

@sodamyat said:

@s1ckb0y said:

@sodamyat said:

@s1ckb0y said:

my parents didnt teach me that but i was born in a 3rd world country and growing up my family struggled to provide me with what other kids had and i always said i wouldnt have kids till i could give them more than i had.

Wow. Sounds like you had great parents, Sodom. I hope you are doing better now.

@s1ckb0y: I agree. But people who can't even put food on the table for themselves are having kids which makes the situation worse. Obviously, they know how bad their situation is, but continue to have them. I am not sure what there is to educate them on.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@s1ckb0y said:

@sodamyat said:

@s1ckb0y said:

Wow. Sounds like you had great parents, Sodom. I hope you are doing better now.

nah, my dad was a jerk who'd occasionally beat my mother just because shes a woman and couldnt defend herself. classic BS machismo. But he did work nearly 80 hours a week to keep food on the table and keep us clothed. but i can hardly complain. he brought us to the United States. We were poor but being poor here is not the same as being poor in other countries. i had it easy compared to other kids, so i'll never complain about that.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By algorhythm511

@sodamyat: I see. If you don't mind me asking, what country did you come from? Also, how are you doing now? I assume you are an adult.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eliminate greed (monetary, not necessarily gluttony) and replace it with generosity
Eliminate selfishness and replace it with selflessness
Eliminate apathy and replace it with empathy

That'll probably fix most problems of the world

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: I see. If you don't mind me asking, what country did you come from? Also, how are you doing now? I assume you are an adult.

i rather not say what country..but im doing great. life is good.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@algorhythm511 said:

NP..sometimes I forget this is the internet. lol But I am glad to hear you are doing great.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@algorhythm511 said:

NP..sometimes I forget this is the internet. lol But I am glad to hear you are doing great.

yeah, youre not the only one that forgets. its so impersonal that we forget theres people behind the keyboard. I had a conversation last night and its made me much more cognizant of the exact words i type. if we all had pictures of our faces as our AVI's it'd probably help alot of the in fighting...lol but thats a social experiment idea for another day. anyway, i hope you're doing well too.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

give so much money to combat this cause and yet it seems nowhere near to being eradicated.

Lack of caring, laziness and greed are key players here. Why donate when you can keep your hard earned $$$?

i agree. i have a sister who is very selfish. ive done my share of public service. years worth. and it bothers me to no end that my sister is selfish. shes literally said horrible things about people who do public service. selfishness might be the one trait that i just cant stand.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By SOG7dc