#1 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm open for discussion with you guys because I have been thinking about this for a while.

I'm gonna type down so far how I think a proper Dragon Ball movie would appear on the Big Screen.

Intro:

- The setting takes place on planet Vegeta giving good background of the planet and the Saiya-jins. It is noted the planet a gravity is higher than most planets. Most Saiyans (Like low class Saiyans) gene-codes restrict them from accessing advance transformations. Only the blood line of the king can transform into a Super Saiyan. Also, Ki manipulation is very limited on Planet Vegeta.

(Kind of Like Man of Steel)

- All newborn babies are held in one main facilty. Because the Saiyans plan to send Saiyan babies to distant planets and destroy them.

- We are introduced to some characters like Bardock, the lower class Saiyan warrior. King Vegeta, lord of all Saiyans. Prince Vegeta, his son. Nappa and a few others.

- In the beginning, it is noted that Bardock knows that Frieza will come to the planet and destroy them all months prior to now.

- Knowing that no one will survive, Bardock had been planning the whole time to insert the DNA of the Super Saiyan transformations into his own son, Kakarot.

- So he ventured to the ancient undergrounds, to find the remains of the First Super Saiyan.

- He extracts the Skull of the decease Saiyan back to facility of the new born Saiyans.

- But before he could make it in time, he was called up by one of the royal gaurds of King Vegeta to go see him.

- So Bardock went to meet the King.

- During the meeting, King Vegeta was talking about battle strategies against another race from another planet. But during the conversation, the skull fell out of Bardock's pocket.

- The King asks, "Where did you get that"? But the King knew what it was. It was the skull of the first Super Saiyan.

- The King told Bardock to explain himself.

- Bardock comes to warn the King that Lord Freiza is coming and will destroy everything. And he is doing what is just for the Saiyan race to survive.

- King Vegeta with his arrogance ignores Bardock and tells him to leave. Thinking that he is speaking nonsense.

- Bardock continues to beg him to listen.

- Then King Vegeta saids he's had enough. So he sends out his royal gaurd, Nappa, to dispose of him.

- Then Bardock and Nappa get into a fight. They exchange hard blows and some Ki blast. But, Bardock ends up beating him rather easily. Bardoxk takes the skull and runs away quickly from the scene.

- Bardock quickly arrives to the place all newborn Saiyan babies are held and will soon be transported to other planets.

- He finds his new born son Kakarot, and urgently reroutes him to Earth, the closes beings to the Saiyans.

- Outside King Vegeta demands Bardock to come out and surrender.

- He refuses. And at the same time uses an extrating machine to extract the Super Saiyan transformations from the Skull's DNA and re-engineers Kakarot's DNA so he can in the future unlock the Super Saiyan forms (Since lower class Saiyans can't go Super Saiyan).

- Immediately Bardock launches the baby space pod into space and he saids farewell, Kakarot.

- King Vegeta attempts to launch a Destructo disk in the air but misses.

- Then, the other gaurds of the King arrest Bardock.

- They take Bardock into custody and King Vegeta begins to execute him.

- But then, up in the sky a giant space ship appears.

- The entrance of ship slowly begins to open, The Saiyans trembled in fear. Then out comes a formidable foe who stands above the Saiyans, Lord Frieza.

- Suddenly all Planet Vegeta's technology goes haywire, nobody knows what's going on.

- Then suddenly on a large screen, an image of Frieza appears.

- Then Frieza goes into a big speach about him blowing up the planet.

- The Saiyans freak out!

- Frieza begins to laugh as he charges up a Ki ball the size of his index finger.

- Then he throws it down on the planet, slowly making its way down, leaving destruction in its path.

- King Vegeta has no choice, he puts a group of trusted Saiyans in an escape pod to avoid the destruction of The planet.

- In pod were Nappa,, a couple of other Saiyans, and prince Vegeta.

- The pod then zips into space at nearly FTL speeds.

- The Saiyans all morn in grief as the death ball slowly meets the surface of the planet.

- Then just like a meteor smashing into the ground, a large planet size eruption shakes the planet, causing it to collapse on itself.

- The Saiyans morn in grief, there's nothing they can do now.

- Boom! in instant, the planet vaporizes into thin air.

- From the space pod, the little prince Vegeta face began to tear up, then he burst into cries for his father.

- Even the other Saiyans began to cry a little bit.

Back to Frieza:

- After destroying planet Vegeta, Frieza begins to head back into his ship.

- He looks back at the remains of the planet and his face reduces into a blank of discust. He saids, "Puny planet".

- Then he heads off back into deep space.

Back to Kakarot:

- Millions of Lightyears away the baby pod for Kakarot is heading for the planet Earth.

- It was night time in the time zone of Japan, and Kakarot was going to land on jungle like island off the coast of Japan, away from normal civilization.

- After crash landing, the space pod freely opens up, exposing the new born child to atmosphere of Earth. Bany Kakarot remained in his pod for hours. Crying and moping.

- Then at dusk, an elderly man appears on the scene and discovers a naked looking human boy. But what seperated him from a normal baby was his tail.

- So this elderly man picks up the little baby and takes him back to his home.

TOO BE CONTINUED.....

What do you guys think? Should a real Dragon Ball movie be made? What are your ideas for a movie?

#2 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Any one?

#3 Posted by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

No. No more attempts at making live action Dragonball. Most manga/anime doesn't translate well to live action movies.

#4 Posted by JonSmith (4016 posts) - - Show Bio

No. No more attempts at making live action Dragonball. Most manga/anime doesn't translate well to live action movies.

Following on this, there is a major problem in making Dragonball and all subsequent series in particular into a movie: THE HAIR. HOW would you go about bringing the hair without making it look ridiculous? And I'm not even talking about the greater challenge of the Super Saiyan levels.

Also, the Kamehameha, and various energy attacks: The attacks in the anime look like they have WEIGHT, less like energy and more like water. The way it surges and flows, blasting apart what it hits, dragging things into the air like it's trapped in a current, etc. The one time they tried to make a live Dragonball movie, the Kamehameha looked like a lame air bending technique. There was no weight, no power, just some slightly glowing air. I could never buy the Dragonball: Evolution Kamehameha blowing apart a mountain. I had difficulty believing it could blow out a candle. And that's just not right.

There are numerous issues with bringing Dragonball to the screen, the main one being that very few of those problems are the story: The story is fine, a good movie could be made from it, the problems are trying to capture the spirit and appearance of Dragonball in live action.

#5 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

some things should stay the way they are like dbz should stay animated we already saw what happened when you try to change that....

#6 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

So Dragon Ball is doomed into the dust?

#7 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Live action movie? No. Never again. But since were just doing storylines.....here's mine.

Setting: Dragonball universe (meaning there are humans, dinosaurs, animal people...all walking and talking to each other. Future tech. Capsule Corps. etc...)

Main Plot: Every how ever so many years, there's a Dragonball tournament. Kami, the guardian of Earth, sends out 7 dragonballs throughout the 4 corners of the world and telepathically instructs all the top fighters in the world to go out and find them. He implants in their brains, the locations of all the dragonballs. Waiting for them at each site, is a guardian for them to fight one on one. It's first come, first serve type of deal. You lose, you're either dead or whisked away with no memory. The winner keeps the ball and is magically transported to Kami's lookout and waits for the other fighters to join them in the real tournament. The winner of that tournament gets their one wish.

Goku is in his early twenties when he accidentally finds his way into the tournament. You see, Goku wasn't invited to the tournament because he's not necessarily born on Earth. In Goku fashion, he stumbles upon a battlefield. The Red Ribbon Army has located one of the Dragonballs and sent an army to retrieve it. They managed to kill the fighters but the guardian of the Dragonball proves too much for them. Goku shows up and after a fierce battle, defeats the guardian and takes the dragonball before Dr. Gero (head of the Red Ribbon Army) can claim it.

On Kami's lookout the tournament begins with the following fighters: Goku, a disguised Piccolo, Tien, a cyborg-type guy from Capsule Corp. , animal type fighter, Krillin, and Chi Chi. The first to arrive gets to sit the first round of fights and chooses their opponent in the second round. Piccolo was the first to arrive. First round fights: Chi Chi vs Animal type fighter. Tien vs Krillin. And Goku vs Cyborg guy. Tiens wins. Chi Chi wins. And of course, Goku wins.

Second Round matches are: Piccolo vs Chi Chi. And Tien vs Goku. Piccolo curbstomps Chi Chi and almost kills her if not for Goku saving her. Tien and Goku fight and after a long battle....obviously Goku wins. The final match is set. Piccolo vs Goku. Piccolo reveals himself as Kami's evil half and his intentions on replacing Kami and taking over the world with his one wish. The battle begins in dragonball fashion. They seem even at first. Piccolo gets the upper hand. Goku struggles to defend himself. The fights goes on into the night which happens to be a full moon. Somehow during the battle, Goku starts to change. He grows a tail and his techniques become for feral. Goku goes into ape mode.

Ape Goku starts attacking wildly. Kami, having heard of this legend before, recalls something and asks Piccolo to blow up the moon. Kami cannot interfere in the match. Reluctantly, Piccolo does so and that changes Goku back. Both are physically exhausted and decide to go all out on one final attack. Piccolo's special beam cannon vs Goku's Kamehameha. Goku's blast wins but before Piccolo is killed he vows to return and claim what is his. He spits out an egg. Kami walks up to Goku (who's passed out) and cuts off his tail. Goku wakes up days later and finally makes his wish. He wishes for the moon to brought back and of course, lots of food. The End.

After Credit Scenes: Somewhere in outer space....Goku's power level when he shot his energy beam is picked up on a scouter in a mysterious space pod. "It's over 9000!!" Even though it faded quickly, it caught the attention of the person inside.The pod changes course and heads for earth. Inside the pod is the shadow of man and his monkey tail floating inside. It's Radditz.

#8 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@ifdcruledtheworld: Nice storyline, more creative then most.

- For me, I was just making a short story for what I think a Dragon Ball story would be if went to the big screen. Most of everybody's concerns are that since DragonBall: Evolution failed to impress, that it can't be done. I believe it can be done.

WARNING THIS IS MY OPINION:

- Tell a decent story based on the events of the original manga.

- Maybe some characters get left out (Obviously not Vegeta, Raditz, Nappa, Krillin, Pikkolo, and some others DB:E left out.) or just tweaked.

- If a movie were made, I think the main antagonist would be Vegeta, and he would be like the General Zod of the situation, but he obviously doesn't get neck snapped in the end. (Or else he would need to be brought back by the Dragon Balls)

#9 Edited by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@emptyseven: I don’t like that kind of thinking. It excuses the people of dragonball evolution saying that there was nothing they can do to make it live action good. Yeah it hurts and you don’t want to face it again, essspecally thinking it will be just a cash grab but there is a way. No one says it going to be a pretty process. That why you let a suck… I mean a well respected reviewer to see it first

The focus needs to be pointed out Goku is not an Archie or a Doug Funny he is more a Jughead if anything. There people who care just for a meal and adrenaline rush. Yes he seems too simple, but that is what he is simple and simple can work.

altering Bulma is OK and I think it should be encouraged. She suppose to smart show those smart and not be use for exposition.

#10 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@partialsanity:

- Not if you have a mad genius who can at least put something together to still make Dragon Ball in 2 hours and 50 minutes.

- yeah there might be some short cuts here and there, but if the elements that made Dragon Ball are there, where good.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29515 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't make one.

#12 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Ribbon Army we can see mechs, robots, psychic powers, and kung fu action.

#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (13070 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel budget was huge, DBZ is not as mainstream, this means less budget, second you would have to redesign and reimagine it big time.

Anime is way more fantastic that comics, that means, yes it would had to change way more to fit this.

Still people will complaint if the movie is not exactly like the manga or if they dont like the fight scenes.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (225726 posts) - - Show Bio

eh

#15 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11458 posts) - - Show Bio

I want more crossovers lol. I want to see an up-to-date Toriko x DBZ(Preferably around Saiyan Saga if they fight each other) 2-hour crossover lol.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24825 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever qualifies as the exact opposite of whatever the hell they tried to do in Evolution would be a giant leap forward.

#17 Edited by nickzambuto (15467 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4 I know you were inspired by Man of Steel, but you can't seriously think ripping the movie off scene-by-scene is a good idea? Also, I think it's a terrible idea for the Super Saiyan transformation to need to be "programmed" into Goku; that takes away the entire point, the entire morale and value learned in that scene, all the emotions and of course Goku's own character development.

Honestly, a live action DBZ movie simply is not necessary. Why not just a new series?

#18 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8128 posts) - - Show Bio

It's definitely possible to make a damn good Dragonball movie.

But it's damn near impossible to find the man to do it right.

#19 Edited by StMichalofWilson (4261 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be a long time before that happens. I'll be surprised if I lived long enough for that

#20 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

@cybrilious4 I know you were inspired by Man of Steel, but you can't seriously think ripping the movie off scene-by-scene is a good idea? Also, I think it's a terrible idea for the Super Saiyan transformation to need to be "programmed" into Goku; that takes away the entire point, the entire morale and value learned in that scene, all the emotions and of course Goku's own character development.

Honestly, a live action DBZ movie simply is not necessary. Why not just a new series?

- First off, I only said "Like Man of Steel" because it give the audience of this thread what I want them to see in their head, not actually a throw back of the movie. Obviously the Saiyans will be introduced differently as a warrior race who manipulates Ki but the idea of having new born babies like man of steel is pretty much a "must" because that's how it was in anime/manga.

- How I think the story progresses is, Goku is then mentored by Master Roshi while he finds Goku a proper adopted grandfather Gohan.

- But the Dragon Ball phase will be quick and mostly refferences of Goku's past training.

- Then one of Goku's mentors introduces him of the greatness trainer in the Universe named King Kai. Goku must travel to his planet and learn from him.

- Instead of being a just a god who likes jokes, he is a universal philosopher, and tells Goku that he is a Saiyan, one of the last of his kind, and his planet was destroyed by Lord Frieza. Then he tells Goku who Frieza is. (he will be in the next movie)

- Then Goku starts his day of training in 10x Earth's gravity. But then, a distress call comes from Earth, Goku responds and it turns out its Goku people and they want "Kakarot" to come back to Earth.

- Goku sees this as a positive experience for him to see his people but King Kai reminds him that they are a warrior race that destroy countless worlds.

- Once Goku understands they want to destroy the planet, he knows that all his Earthly friends and family may be killed.

- King Kai tells Goku he will give him only one free transmission back to Earth via IT.

"Yes I know the planet is an imaginary place but movie viewers wouldn't buy into that idea"

- Goku is then back to Earth and everything looks quiet and peaceful.

- Then a space ship appears in front of Goku in an instant.

Ok I'm not going to far into this but basically Goku defeats Nappa and Raditz, and is rivaled by Vegeta. Their fight is set up in great proportions like Superman vs Zod "Just an imaginary refference" not exactly like the fight because Vegeta has to live.

- End Credits: Goku and a women named Chi Chi get married and she pregnant with a baby boy. They decide to name him Gohan.

THE END!

#21 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

The Saiyan Transformation:

- I actually think that is the best idea there is to give credit for.

1) It wouldn't make sense to have a "full" race of Super Saiyans or it would become redundant

2) Taking away low-class Saiyan warriors abilities to go SSJ not only proves their not lazy people who decided they didn't want to be great warriors, but it sets up an actually dictatorship/monarch system about the government of planet Vegeta.

3) Goku is the last of his kind and him having the ability to go SSJ makes him represent himself as a figure of great wonders for his race, a legend that won't die.

#22 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (13070 posts) - - Show Bio

Is not it cant be make, is all the changes you would have to do so it gets made.

Dragon Ball fans dont notice they would had to cut half of the cast, reduce power levels, change the techniques, use martial arts that look nothing like the anime, use normal humans that cant fly, change many of the bizarre ideas they have like not being on screen for several second, watch each other for 5 episodes, change the plot so it has more character development and reduce the action time (Asians can watch 15 minutes of figthing scenes, the rest of people only can have 5 to 8 minutes long), revuild the looks, give more character development to all non Goku characters and again take out all the saiyan things, making a character blond in real life would look ridiculous.

I can make a DBZ movie, but fan will hate me because is not the anime made with people.

#23 Edited by soduh2 (868 posts) - - Show Bio

Bulma would be the narrator. Goku isn't suited to be a feature length protagonist, which is why dragonball evolution changed his character to be more like Gohan. Goku should be a deconstruction of pure innocent characters not an everyman.

#24 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2: I know what your saying and Bulma being the narrator isn't a bad idea, Buy I disagree on Goku not being the main protagonist. He was in my view the main guy of Dragon Ball, Z, GT, Kai because he was always there, the creators couldn't just kill off his character permanently or have him weaker than the other characters.

#25 Edited by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4:

That what leads to mary sue. Does he have to best at everything? I hate that kind of shilling. He should have thing that make him amazing but there is a line of going to far.

#26 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11458 posts) - - Show Bio

some things should stay the way they are like dbz should stay animated we already saw what happened when you try to change that....

Is it just me or does that kind of look like Ray William Johnson...

#27 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24355 posts) - - Show Bio

Zack Snyder seems to be the right man.

#28 Posted by silkyballfro94 (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather see another animated movie (2 hrs long) on all the villains escaping h.f.I.l. again a showing of battles. I know they did it in GT, but that one episode was not enough for me. I want to see gohan toy with Cell and Vegeta obliterate Frieda.

#29 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

tl; dr.

Lice action movies based on Anime and Manga should never be made. Street Fighter, The Legend of Chun-Li and Dragonball Evolution are proof enough for that...... At least for Americans to make, anyway.

#30 Posted by nitrodaepicface (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of want to see one where the Z fighters are fighting a new enemy who is beating them until goku and vegeta try to use potaras as they know that bulma can reverse the effects ( I don't know how they got the potaras maybe bulma made them?) however when they try this it glitches out seeming as they have already used the potars before and they get forced into gogeta and the potaras get destroyed they then manage to beat this enemy barely.After a couple months rest the Z fighters notice something in the sky only for it to be Vegito, however this vegito is evil. After a battle where the Z fighters lose the evil Vegito leaves because he is getting bored and another cople of days of senzu beans and rest, the Z fighters incounter vegito again and then after a while it seems they have won then vegito splits to evil goku/vegita after a long battle bot evil and good goku and vegeta fuse to get evil and good gogeta. they then continue to fight at equal power until good gogeta starts to get exhausted and fuses with gotenks which only lasts 10 minutes but is enough to defeat evil gogeta. That is all I could think of but if anyone still reading this post have any ideas then just reply I guess.

#31 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a good Broly movie.

#33 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@nitrodaepicface:

Vegito can never split, potara fusion is permanent. Unless you stuff him inside Majun Buu again.

#34 Edited by youngjosh0132 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres my thought/idea What if we make goku movies like captain America and save the 3 movie spots  for when all the z warriors or there so for instant the 3 movies we be doing a remake of is sayian saga, cell/andirod saga , and the manji buu saga the reason we wont be doing the namek or frieza saga is cause I plan to make that the first goku solo movie like I said i plan on making goku movies like captain america just to kinda fill in the blanks. I think the final  goku movie or 2 movie whatever it's gonna be called is gonna be about the lengendary super sayain , I think it makes sensed to make the final goku movie to be the the legendary super sayain movie just cause you know if we start with the frieza saga the goku movie series will start with him become a super sayain (at the end of the movie of course) so makes sense for his final solo movie to feature him fighting the legendary supersayain . Plus the legendary super sayain movie is a fan favorite (TM)

My idea is trademark I dont own dbz obviously

#35 Posted by JakeN7 (13799 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres my thought/idea What if we make goku movies like captain America and save the 3 movie spots for when all the z warriors or there so for instant the 3 movies we be doing a remake of is sayian saga, cell/andirod saga , and the manji buu saga the reason we wont be doing the namek or frieza saga is cause I plan to make that the first goku solo movie like I said i plan on making goku movies like captain america just to kinda fill in the blanks. I think the final goku movie or 2 movie whatever it's gonna be called is gonna be about the lengendary super sayain , I think it makes sensed to make the final goku movie to be the the legendary super sayain movie just cause you know if we start with the frieza saga the goku movie series will start with him become a super sayain (at the end of the movie of course) so makes sense for his final solo movie to feature him fighting the legendary supersayain . Plus the legendary super sayain movie is a fan favorite (TM)

My idea is trademark I dont own dbz obviously

#36 Posted by Dbzk1999 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

If they ever do make another dragon ball live action film (which I pray they won't)

Make it an actual adaption of the first part of dragon ball

#37 Posted by comicace3 (7071 posts) - - Show Bio

Bringing cell back instead of freiza

#38 Posted by Darling_Luna (6439 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's one. Piccolo has a henchmen, who is a great ape. Piccolo gets rekt early on and his great ape is all alone. Waiting for his return the great ape some how becomes a baby and that baby is Goku

Cut, print, that's a wrap

#39 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10945 posts) - - Show Bio

You pretty much just copied the first 15-20 min of MoS lol