idea for a cool batman story

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

I know this is long but id really appreciate if you read it and gave me some feedback

story starts with batman grappling to the top of the gcpd to meet with Gordon. Gordon is annoyed and agitated and starts to tell batman how crazy and ridiculous he is. he berates him and tells him that gotham doesn't need a maniac in a batsuit to protect it and that he himself is the cause of all the lunatics in the city. he then goes on to harshly critique bruce wayne and how "immature and petulant billionaires think they represent guys like me who give up everything! my wife! my daughter! my peace!" bruce then disappears stealthily as he always does. on his way back to the batcave he stops what he thinks is a thug about to rob a young girl when in reality he was her boyfriend getting ready to surprise her on her birthday. batman beats the guy to a bloody pulp and is then excoriated by the girl and a group of people in the area. they tell him that he's crazy and a 'maniac' and that he city is worse since he showed up. bruce then disappears again and returns to the batcave where his inner monologue reveals how he's hurt by the words of the people and how they have an impact on him. he also thinks that they are right and that joker, two face, kiler croc and other supervillains only showed up because of him. so bruce makes a decision and calls the bat family into the cave for an emergency meeting. he then abruptly tells them its over and that they need to give him back all the gadgets and uniforms. they resist but then bruce says "are you going to make me take them from you?" all except Dick comply. Dick says " come get it bruce" they then fight and surprisingly (or not surprisingly) bruce makes very quick work of him. so quick everyone looks shocked. he then takes back all the uniforms and gadgets and everyone leaves (theyre all pissed) bruce sits in his chair in front of the bat computer thinking and then Alfred says "sir, you know ill always support your efforts and be in your corner...you also know ill tell you when youre wrong. now im happy your going to start living a normal life and taking care of yourself--but what of all the scoundrel left in gotham? surely they will escape their prisons ad start their terror once again only now there will be no batman to stop them." bruce responds "initiate codename--eradicate Alfred" Alfred looks stunned but then says "I knew eventually this day would come. very well sir" batman then goes to a hidden batcave that only him and Alfred know about with a tube for every single supervillain with their respective names on each one. in this cave Alfred sets up shop behind a new bat computer and batman equips the "Batsuit-R" (the R stands for revelation...get it?) and then says as he exits the cave "after tonight its over Alfred. you can go back to England and live your own life free of a 'maniac' like me" Alfred looks shocked but by the time he turns around...bruce has again disappeared into the darkness. batman then goes to arkham and makes very quick work of everyone from joker to killer croc. and I mean so quick its apparent to them. so much so that riddler thinks to himself "my god! he's been holding back for all these years! I never had a chance!" batman then transports every single super villain to this cave with the stasis prisons and iforms them that they wont die but they will be submerged in a chemical that will effectively render them catatonic within 24 hours. he then says "before I end you--I want you to look into the eyes of the man who you could never break!" bruce then rips off the cowl and while everyone else is shocked and going insane(er) joker laughs histercally and says "{HA! all this time is was the rich boy without parents! hoo hoo the one guy who could have left this hell hole and never looked back is the one behind all the madness ahahahahaha!!!!!" bruce starts to get angry but then he says. I have a special treat for you joker. he then puts a picture of jokers true identity of him with his wife and kids in front of him(but this would be hidden from the reader) joker then starts screaming in terror as if he's seen all of his demons and all of his evil acts before his very eyes. batman then says in a low emotionless voice "I hope you all know that this is too good a fate for you" he then fills the tubes with the aforementioned fluid, effectively neutralizing anypossible threat anyof them could pose. and if that wasn't enough he sets up a series of booby traps should any of them manage to escape their tubes or anyone tries to break in they would all explode.....

if you all think its good so far let me know and I will add part 2

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SOG7dc
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I'm at work so I can't read it all, but dude you must be a mind reader because I was thinking of a Batman story to post on the Fan Fic forum

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might show up twice: But I think my post didn't go through, so hopefully this will be the second one. Okay...:

When Batman says "before I end you--I want you to look into the eyes of the man who you could never break!", Bane show say "ABOUT THAT."

No Caption Provided

Because, you know. He broke him. But seriously, it's a good idea. Obviously, though, it's still in a very raw form. You would need to go more in depth about what Batman did in Arkham and give more details about what happened in between all these parts that you cover. But it's a great start, and I would definitely read it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SOG7dc

@dabee:

I dnt even think about bane breaking his back lol. but still I meant it to be a more emotional and mental breaking that they couldn't accomplish ya know? and yeah I was basically making this up as I typed it. this is the very beginning o this story If I was to write it out completely

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Sounds like a good story. Definitely wouldn't work for the main continuity. But as an else-worlds, it could be interesting for Bruce to get rid of his villains once and for all

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SOG7dc

@batmannflash:

that's the thing. as youll see in part 2 (ill post it in this thread a little later) it does work in main continuity. because eventually youll find out a new villain that knows who bruce wayne is is the one manipulating all of this. and it all culminates with this villain rescuing all of the villains in stasis and batman having to go recruit the bat amily again for a showdown in gotham. the purpose of this story is to further develop everyones character and show just how strong bruce is. physically, mentally, and most of all emotionally. in the end (and I may be giving away too much but ill spoiler alert it) I end up showing you that bruce cares and has hope or each of his villains and constantly works on cures and treatments for them. this, I think will show the truly human and caring side of batman. because I could make an argument that superman is more human than batman in regards to their relationships with people

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@sog7dc: never mind. I see what you mean. But then now every villain knows Batman's identity...

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guardiandevil83

The only reason I say it wouldn't work, is that Nightwing and Batgirl are their own heroes, so taking their Gear wouldn't happen. Batgirl was inspired, by Bruce but she is her own woman. Dick left Bruce to be his own man, so Bruce can't tell him jack.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83:

hmm. ill have to adjust to that then. what do you think of the idea though?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you should add more to the quitting batman thing. Maybe the death of someone close like Talia because of a mistake or villain along with the people shunning him would do more to set him off. Just a suggestion and I really liked it.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@sog7dc: Oh yea the idea is fine. :-) This is just a rough draft so you might make all kinds of cool adjustments

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By jeanespinosa21

idk here is the thing about batman quitting this is a man who took the pain of watching his parents die and he turned it into this craze to be batman and basically perfect himself mentally and physically what in the world could stop this man from being bats at this point? What worse thing can happen i mean if gotham is clean with no crime then i understand overall its a good idea but it would definitely need to an elseworld story

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

also the joker doesn't care who batman is he wouldn't find it funny that he is bruce wayne to him batman is batman and he is joker they aren't men they are forces of nature in his mind

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk here is the thing about batman quitting this is a man who took the pain of watching his parents die and he turned it into this craze to be batman and basically perfect himself mentally and physically what in the world could stop this man from being bats at this point? What worse thing can happen i mean if gotham is clean with no crime then i understand overall its a good idea but it would definitely need to an elseworld story

i understand your concerns but all of them will be put to rest in part 2 :) and the best part is this would all work in continuity by the time the story concludes. this story is meant to show batman just how needed and important he is not only to gotham but to the world

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also the joker doesn't care who batman is he wouldn't find it funny that he is bruce wayne to him batman is batman and he is joker they aren't men they are forces of nature in his mind

hmmm I may have to adjust to this.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think this has some potential for a good fan fic. You should make a story out of this.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Wow interesting concept where Gotham breaks Batman, not his villains.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be adding part 2 soon