I want to die and I need help

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal19

I'm 19 years old and I know this is possibly the worst place to say this, but I don't know where else to go. I'm really tired of living, every day I feel like I have to force myself to go through the day. Every time I meeting people who I think are my friends it turns out that I mean nothing to them. I have difficulty with conversations, so people tend to think I'm weird or boring. I'm tired of being alone all the time. I feel alone even when I'm with my family. I can't sleep anymore and all I can think about is blowing my brains out. I just want all the pain in my head to stop!

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KingVenus

My best advice would be to go see a psychiatrist or therapist. If it is affecting you that bad then that is probably your best bet dude.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get some help first. Talk to your family about this. Or a therapist.

Skullken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@eternal19: get off your computer and go see a therapist

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By transcendence

See a therapist.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By dshipp17

@eternal19 said:

I'm 19 years old and I know this is possibly the worst place to say this, but I don't know where else to go. I'm really tired of living, every day I feel like I have to force myself to go through the day. Every time I meeting people who I think are my friends it turns out that I mean nothing to them. I have difficulty with conversations, so people tend to think I'm weird or boring. I'm tired of being alone all the time. I feel alone even when I'm with my family. I can't sleep anymore and all I can think about is blowing my brains out. I just want all the pain in my head to stop!

You're very young and have your whole life ahead of you; I'm someone who would like the opportunity to be 19 again and adjust some of my choices. Time heals many wounds and circumstances. As soon as I lost my job as a chemist, for the first time in my life, I had a thought of suicide; but now, after some years, my life has taken a different form and my goals and perspective are quite different. I've been in constant litigation to get my job back; even that experience was helpful to my psychological plight; I was able to voice my issues to people who could help me get my job back.

I'd advise that you change the people around you and try to introduce different type of people into your life; why not consider becoming a Christian? Why not attend a church at the next available opportunity? The church will introduce you to different types of people; you can supplement this suggestion with seeing a counselor; the church would help you with obtaining counseling; you're so young and got so much ahead of you that it would be a precious waste of life to commit suicide. There are many different types of people who you could meet who you cannot be aware of what it would be like to meet them; you can PM me and I'll be willing to talk with you. You just have to look for different options.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try discussing your issues with your family then seek professional help, good luck to you and I hope you resolve your problems soon.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been there. Find a therapist, quick. I had to stay 2 weeks at the hospital because of my suicide attempt, only to later find out how stupid i was.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always gets better sooner or later.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12 Lunacyde  Moderator

@eternal19: get off your computer and go see a therapist

This. And until you get to the therapist I would say the greatest bit of advice I've ever learned is that life is not static. Just because you feel down now does not mean that is the way it is always going to be. Keep your head up, realize that struggles are part of life, but that they will pass and there will be wonderful amazing times as well. Please do follow this guy's advice and seek professional help though. I have friends who are still here with us today because they took that step and sought help.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, look at it this way..

"Always darker days before brighter ones".

And just remember, it's not too late, it's never too late...

Have you talked about this to anyone? Opening up to someone face to face made me feel better (I was in a slightly different situation though a few years back). Maybe get a therapist or a close friend or family member.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#16 frozen  Moderator

@eternal19: You most likely have depression.

Seek help. Fast.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By transcendence

Depression is a biatch...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@eternal19: I know exactly how it feels to be in that situation. I used to be alone, but I grew to be content with being so. But then I met a girl and we became friends, we used to hang out and it wasn't long before I fell in love with her. Long story short, she rejected me and went back to her ex. I was devastated. I didn't know how to live in side my own body anymore, I would get terrible anxiety just sitting in my house with nothing to do. I had trouble sleeping some days, and other days I would over sleep. I lost my appetite, I would lose around 3 pounds a week. This went on for months

One night, around 4am I went on a drive to clear my head, I drove up the mountain to this old hotel and parked on the side of road of this mountain view spot. I thought about my past and my future, trying to decide if living was worth it or not. I looked to my favorite constellation The Pleiades and only saw how chasing after love was pointless. And the only thing I really wanted is to be loved by someone, or at the very least have someone to love. But what ultimately saved me was the beauty of nature. It was a full moon that night, so everything lit up. It was a warm night with the wind raging against the trees. To me, nature was alive that night, telling me to fight against the wind and keep living. So that's what I did.

My life didn't change over night, but I kept searching for things to make me happy. I made new friends, and lost my friends. I met my girlfriend, but I also lost her to my depression. Depression is a mask you wear when you can't show how you truly feel around those you are closest to. Some times that's a good thing, most people want the mask, they don't want to see the real you, the one that is hurting, humans are a selfish species.

Depression is a battle you must fight, you will overcome it with each little victory. Search for the things you love, and you will find happiness. For me, it was meeting new people and making new friends, also I'm also looking for someone to love. Some days you will want these things, other days when you're close to being happy you will retreat into yourself due to doubt about yourself. What makes me truly happy is nature and helping people. It's what gives my life meaning, searching for love is a bit of a fool's errand that can only end badly if your not prepared for it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I know the feeling.

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zackisme
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#21  Edited By Teerack

I'm 24 and I can't even remember the last time I wasn't disappointed to have woken up the next morning, or even a day when I didn't say to my self "I just wish i could die." As I'm getting older and i take on more responsibility it seems to make it worse since i have added stress, that being said when I'm at work or being productive I'm too distracted to be depressed. Good luck I guess, but if anyone ever tells you "it gets better" or "it gets easier" they are an idiot and you should dismiss all advice they ever try and give you. It will only get better if you really try and change things like moving to a place you don't know anyone or something, or if you go and get professional help. I've had a few good months here and there but for the most part I'm horribly miserable because i cant afford medication to help balance my brain.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

get some professional help and focus on what makes YOU happy.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Talk to someone.
Person close to you.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's crazy man, just take it easy and every wound heal in time, if you feel really depressed go see a psychiatrist directly tomorrow, most of the time it turns out good. I was very sad when my dog passed away and I couldn't even go to school because of that thought, but a psychiatrist helped me get over my dogs death and i feel alright today. Is there any sport that interests you, because having a hobby is great, i know it might be hard to find new friends at that age since you probably have finished school by now but often in video games is a great way to find new friends.

First Step. You find someone with the same interests as you

Second step. Try being social and friendly and write to them

Third step. Talk Skype with them

Fourth step. Ask to meet them irl

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Seek help now!!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@albusan said:

I have no respect for what you're saying.... killing yourself is one of the most selfish cowardly acts you can do. All the people that will have to live with the pain of losing you and partly blaming themselves for your actions.

Get it together man, go to a recruiter's office and ellist in the USMC.

"Get it together and don't do it" is a better way of putting it.
But essentially,yes.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Don't do anything rash.

Talk to your family, friends, or someone close and seek help.

Your life will get better.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By z3ro180

Seek profecinal help

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah its really selfish, go find love or something

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't do that. Would you really want your family to have to attend your funeral? Think about the people that care about you for a minute.

Ok now, do something you like, even if its just watching t.v, just relax and understand there are probably people out there who would kill to have their only problems be feeling alone or some fake friends. You will make new friends, idc how weird, boring and awkward you are, there are people out there who will accept you the way you are. Just chill and keep you're head up, you'll be fine.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You need professional help. I know it might feel embarrassing for you, but it will do wonders for you, do it for yourself and those that care about you.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rubear

@eternal19: You *&*(*&*(&((* kidding?! You're 19 years old and you want to die just because you have problems with conversations?!! C'mmon. You have your live, you have your family and some presumed friends. You can do something good. Find yourself a hobby or interesting work, give yourself a goal in live, don't be spineless. I had my problems in childhood, too. I lived through them. Three years ago i nearly died because of ill. Twice. I lived through it. I'm giving myself goals and i'm striving to reach them. It gives me a sense of purpose. I also have now some problems with conversations after bad year and i can be wierd sometimes, but i'm rebuilding my life. So trust me - don't give up and your life will get better.

By the way, i'm 24 now, just like Teerack. Don't believe him.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You're an important person, don't do something like this or you'll ruin your families life, they love you. This is just a phase in your life in about one year you could be perfectly happy. Discuss this problem with your family and seek help.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@killermovies:

How could you be so heartless? That is not funny, delete your post right now.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies: No he is not, this is a serious thread. I will explain why if you pm me, please delete both of your post and I will delete mine.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

I have no respect for what you're saying.... killing yourself is one of the most selfish cowardly acts you can do. All the people that will have to live with the pain of losing you and partly blaming themselves for your actions.

As someone who has suffered from depression for most of my life, this is one of the most absolutely f*cking retarded posts I have ever seen. What the f*ck were you thinking typing this? Do you think you're some holier than thou hard ass who thinks "get over it, you selfish prick" is actually something that would work? Goddamn, people who respond like this make me sick. Depression is not something someone just gets over by joining the goddamn Marine Corps, it's a neurological disease that takes years of therapy and possibly even medication to overcome because people can't just shrug this sh!t off. Next time someone posts something like this on CV, do the world a favor and just skip over it.

Sinbad7seas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through, and whilst this isn't the best place to ask for help it's a very good thing that you are asking for help. The best thing that you can do right now is find a family member, friend, or go to a therapist, and talk with them about what you are feeling and how much pain it is causing you. It'll be hard to do, but just know that plenty of people are willing to help you, and that once you get that help you will be able to move past this.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for what I originally came here to do:

Please don't do anything too rash. If you need someone to talk to, please PM me. I've struggled with those very same thoughts for years and trust me, it does get better. Therapy is a wonderful solution when you find the right person and you two just connect. And don't disown medication either, for years I rejected medication because I was afraid it would make me something different, but when I finally decided to give it a try, it was like taking away my worst attributes and keeping all the good ones. Please find help, every life on this planet matters, you're destined for greatness one day. Whether it's something small or something large, your life matters.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ain't touching this sh*t.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@arturocalakayvee: Well said, I wish I had the money to visit a therapist I bet it would have done a world of good for me. I would just like to add that suicide attempts usually aren't successful, although young adults have a high suicide attempt rate than any other group, they have pretty low success rates.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By transcendence

@monsterstomp said:

Why not? You could at least give some advice.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't do something like that. Now i know it's easy for me to say that, i'm not in your shoes, i don't feel your pain just like you don't feel my pain but there's a way. Try to be happy, make experiences, talk to someone... Get help.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@eternal19 said:

You're very young and have your whole life ahead of you; I'm someone who would like the opportunity to be 19 again and adjust some of my choices. Time heals many wounds and circumstances. As soon as I lost my job as a chemist, for the first time in my life, I had a thought of suicide; but now, after some years, my life has taken a different form and my goals and perspective are quite different. I've been in constant litigation to get my job back; even that experience was helpful to my psychological plight; I was able to voice my issues to people who could help me get my job back.

I'd advise that you change the people around you and try to introduce different type of people into your life; why not consider becoming a Christian? Why not attend a church at the next available opportunity? The church will introduce you to different types of people; you can supplement this suggestion with seeing a counselor; the church would help you with obtaining counseling; you're so young and got so much ahead of you that it would be a precious waste of life to commit suicide. There are many different types of people who you could meet who you cannot be aware of what it would be like to meet them; you can PM me and I'll be willing to talk with you. You just have to look for different options.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Why not? You could at least give some advice.

He should stop overthinking life, and find incentive to live. There's too much out there to just waste a life. Be grateful for the things you have, trust me, there are people who have made it through far worse.

Or see a shrink (like everyone else said).

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

Leave this topic...

NOW!!!