#1 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

I shouldn't be alive. I was struck by lightning before I even left the womb(that's a fun story) and was born by c section with the umbilical cord around my neck (my mom says I didn't breathe for the 10 minutes of my life). I also almost drowned in sewage once. (also fun) I always come close to breaking bones or getting chunks taken out of me but never get more than a sprained ankle or some cuts and bruises. When I'm sick I usually get better in a day or two, and I can go years without getting sick at all. My mother thinks this is evidence I have some major role in God's plans and can't be killed or seriously injured until I've fulfilled it, and several friends of hers who claim to be psychic tell me I'm extremely important somehow. I'm not very superstitious (I do believe in the supernatural to some extent), but it does kind of freak me out when I think about it. What if I am important? What's my purpose? I know this is a rather unusual thing to post here but I just felt like sharing this with someone.

And yes, all that stuff actually happened.

Racob has spoken

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you wasting what little time you have left on ComicVine? You're obviously a Final Destination victim.

#3 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: I'm spending my final days doing what I love. (:

#4 Posted by scorpion2501 (6529 posts) - - Show Bio

You are the chosen one. Start fighting crime!

#5 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11792 posts) - - Show Bio

We're all chosen ones, To be born is to be chosen. Also your life sound more unlucky then lucky.

#6 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorpion2501: A superhero who can't be killed because he has some higher purpose and travels the world looking to fulfill his destiny. Chosen maybe? Thanks for the idea!

#8 Posted by scorpion2501 (6529 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: You are welcome. And that's a pretty neat idea for a comic.*Writes down*

#9 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@scorpion2501: A superhero who can't be killed because he has some higher purpose and travels the world looking to fulfill his destiny.

A kid-friendly version of Planescape: Torment, then?

#10 Posted by hyiena (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe your the Anti-christ and have the evil purpose of bringing on the apocalypse.

#11 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by wildvine (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you wasting what little time you have left on ComicVine? You're obviously a Final Destination victim.

#13 Posted by RustyRoy (13523 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

@sheenlantern said:

#14 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2104 posts) - - Show Bio

But do you choose to accept this?

#15 Edited by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by joshmightbe (25002 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds more like someone has it out for you.

#17 Posted by JwwProd (10287 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Wait? you were struck by lightning? DAMN!!!!!!!! God must be looking after you!!!!!

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (15740 posts) - - Show Bio

no one chooses me. I choose them

#19 Edited by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod: What happened was my mother tried to open her front door during a lightning storm just as a bolt of lightning struck the house, so the bolt went through the door and into her. She says it blasted her back and burned her hand pretty bad. When she realized what had happened she laughed because of how silly it was that she had been struck by lightning inside her own house. She claims it was more like being on fire than being electrocuted.

Anyway, a month or so later she found out she was pregnant, and had been pregnant when struck by lightning. She didn't know whether I was going to be a boy or girl at that point, so I got the nickname Sparky. My dad says the shock kick started my brain and that's why I'm so smart. XD

#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Dude! We must be spritual brothers. I fell off of my 50cc doing 40 and was good in a few days. Had a steel post fly outta a box from about six feet above ground a slammed into my knee. Almost drowned three times. Was thrown from a speeding car and had my back get ffed up in the gym..and healed even though people were telling me to see a doctor. I barely get sick. Almost never. And more ish. And no, I'm not lying.

#21 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11696 posts) - - Show Bio

I killed my brother in the womb, cus there can be only one.

#22 Edited by TheSpiritStalker (2104 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds more like someone has it out for you.

Or something.

#23 Edited by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Seriously! I didn't want you to think I was just copy-cating. As for lighting..my house was struck three times in rooms I happened to be in and I was electrocuted trying to be Indiana Jones. No shadelier so I used our old lamp and a belt. Didn't know metal and electrical devices meant zaaapppp! Lol.I have also been slammed on concrete..like suplex style..no damage. I never really thought of it til I got older. Some a-hole beamed my right knee with a fking pad-lock from a moving car and I walked with a limp for no more then a day or two. Freaky ish dude.

#25 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Except for the lighting thing, all the stuff you mentioned happened to me as well, plus a couple of really weird concidences like yours. You can find weird conincidences in everyone's life if you look for them.

And "psychics" will always tell you that there is "something about you" or stuff like that. It's basically their job prescription.

So go out and live your normal life, that gives you the power to give it any meaning you want.

#26 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1413 posts) - - Show Bio

Life has no purpose. We are nothing more than millions of years evolution.Wether we all live cease to exist is irrelevent.Purpose is a notion that is only relative to the person who gives it meaning.We are all just as insignificant as ants.

But it really doesn't matter if we don't have really any point to exist.We can all go on living without concern that we aren't fulfilling any kind of purpose.

We act like having a specific function is what makes us unique.But really if we were designed to fulfill a purpose then we would be equal to computers.

To quote the matrix

Morpheus: Do you believe in destiny?

Neo: No.

Morpheus: Why?

Neo: Because I like to believe that I'm in control of my own future.

#27 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1413 posts) - - Show Bio

Also your mother's friends are insane.

#28 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

We're all cursed for posting in this thread.

Seriously, we're all dead.

#30 Posted by Squares (7995 posts) - - Show Bio

You have some very interesting acquaintences...

#31 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7:

My god... I've found the chosen one. *pulls out walkie talkie* the legend is true, I repeat, the legend is true.

#32 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. You're just like everyone else, hate to break it to you. Your mom's "psychic" friends are just quacks that are telling her what she wants to hear. Every mom wants to think their kid is special.

I'm not saying you suck or anything, but just that you're human like the rest of us. Sorry to burst your bubble. :/

#33 Posted by Kthanid (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira:

Nihilism ftw! Let's go find earth prime and blow it up. Or take the sunshine and rainbows route of purpose and destiny so two mice can find the answer to life the universe and everything

#34 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1413 posts) - - Show Bio

@kthanid: Nah. If there's no point to anything then what's the point in destroying everything?

#35 Posted by TifaLockhart (14114 posts) - - Show Bio

Many are called but few are chosen. I was called AND chosen!

#36 Posted by Nefarious (21842 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like someone is on a ego trip.

#37 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

You just have a high immune system

#38 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: That I do, probably because of the living conditions I grew up in. (Don't ask)

#39 Posted by Kthanid (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira:

It was a reference to owl man in crises on two earths. You sounded just like him. The mice thing is from hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. The mice basically believe earth and humans to be a giant super computer that will figure out the ultimate question

#40 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11696 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you dodge bullets in slow motion.

#41 Edited by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el said:

I killed my brother in the womb, cus there can be only one.

i'll know to run from u maybe u should see darkseid's psychiatrist

#43 Edited by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@jwwprod: What happened was my mother tried to open her front door during a lightning storm just as a bolt of lightning struck the house, so the bolt went through the door and into her. She says it blasted her back and burned her hand pretty bad. When she realized what had happened she laughed because of how silly it was that she had been struck by lightning inside her own house. She claims it was more like being on fire than being electrocuted.

Anyway, a month or so later she found out she was pregnant, and had been pregnant when struck by lightning. She didn't know whether I was going to be a boy or girl at that point, so I got the nickname Sparky. My dad says the shock kick started my brain and that's why I'm so smart. XD

Well it is clear that you are a son of lightning.

Case closed.

EDIT - or daughter (hard to tell one's gender on the inturnetz)

#44 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11696 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1413 posts) - - Show Bio

@kthanid: I know but I'm too Nihilistic to not not make an argument for that.

#46 Posted by Racob7 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

Well it is clear that you are a son of lightning.

Case closed.

EDIT - or daughter (hard to tell one's gender on the inturnetz)

I am Sparky, son of Zeus! >:D

#47 Posted by AmazingAngel (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

The prophesied chosen one he is destined to bring balance to the Vine...